Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#151 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 2:57 PM
Hmm...I need a coffee too, ahaha!Well that is what makes me thoughtful,that i have all the time sculpt my sims just to make them far from the maxis face while i'm sure that downloaders would prefer the first face wheither or not it is lake maxis..
Advertisement
Instructor
#152 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 2:59 PM
Those where just sugestions. If you dont like them, dont use them. However, with your sim the way she was she is not unique enough. Actualy, looking at the most recent pic, she dosent look like the pic I posted. I can see you made some changes, but her nose bridge is bumpy at the top, her chin is still too long, and I still think her bottom jaw needs to come forward some.

It's not my intention to try and dictate to you what to do with your sim and how to make her look. However, her face and her profile are both still too maxis like. If you want to upload her you need to change the sculpt a lot. If you're happy with her, that's great, and dont let anyone drag you down, but dont expect for her to be accepted if you try to upload her like she was.

Also, people download sims that are unique, because we all have the same maxis faces in our games. Why download a sim that looks a lot like a maxis sim when you can make it yourself in 5 min?

I don't take requests. :-)

"You with this lovely baby blue/green huge eyes and this evil touch...couldn't be more adorable" - My Vera
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#153 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 3:11 PM
Huh wait a min, who told you i've made her in 5 minutes?If you want, go and see when i first made this therad.You will understand.Then the pic you posted is made with photoshop and such changes cannot be done the same in BS.I did not tell you're dictating me at all,im just worried cause when i re-uploaded her for second time everyone was saying that she would be accepted for sure and that she was perfect and after the rejection they changed their opinions and said she was not unique.What if the shame happens now?That's the reason i'm basing my sim in a pic and i have to make them similar to it.To be sure that i making the right changes that no one can doubt.Then don't think that this is the world's easiest thing, to change a sim's face ive 1.000.000 times!Your suggestions are very helpful to me and you're not dictating me but the pic you made is not like my source pic.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#154 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 3:14 PM
I think her eyes look A LOT better. I admit, I like having doe eyed sims in my game. They're just so adorable. However, have you SEEN what their children look like when they reproduce?!?!? I think the squinty eye makes her look 'sexy' in a kinda bad way.

Also, looking back at the black and white picture of her face, I think her mouth needs to be a tad bit wider and not quite as large. At least the bottom lip still needs some adjusting. And I she needs a more arched eyebrow. It would make a difference.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#155 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 3:18 PM
Yes, you're right HS, however, no better forget about her babies i don't think it's a good idea..
Her eyes won't be like that she will have eyeliner to fill the gap in the top of the eyes.Indeed her lips should be like that you said but they can't because the are getting distorted when i try to makr them like that.I will retry.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#156 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 3:23 PM
Also, looking back, I think that one of the KEY problems with your PI from the picture is the face shape. Your source pic has a more heart shaped face. See the picture I included? I think your PI's face may be a little too long.

Her nose may need to be a bit more pointy at the end and upturned if you are trying to go for the source pic as well. And, like I keep saying, her lips need a lot of work. You'll get there.

The best thing about asking for feedback is getting a whole bunch of fresh eyes to the project, ones that are neutral. You have a lot of attachment to her because you have been working hard. Try not to get too defensive or people may not want to help you anymore.

PS. Obviously, I suck at hand drawing!!!
Screenshots
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#157 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 3:30 PM
You're very right HS but you know if i try to do all these now her face will get distorted.(i tried and it did)
So...i'm afraid that i have to make her all over again..
Indeed i'm very nervous cause i can't sometimes see some mistakes others see..But now i will restart her.
Mostly Harmless
retired moderator
#158 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 3:30 PM
Wicked Poppies has a good point. And he wasn't saying that you made her in 5 minutes and he wasn't attacking you. We are just trying to give you feedback because you asked for it. To me, head-on she doesn't look too maxis-y, but from the profile it does. Maybe try like Wicked said and bring her bottom jaw forward.

Check out my other downloads at my blog!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#159 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 3:32 PM
I will make her again drom the start because i know that there are many mistakes and i'm confused.
Lab Assistant
#160 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 3:49 PM
I'm confused too. I re-read this entire thread and the amount of consensus and then turn about on consensus is enough to make your head go spinning off your shoulders like a top. People are making suggestions and others the total opposite, then reversing their opinions and going off in totally different directions. This is not helpful feedback, it's a merry-go-round. If you all would stick to making suggestions based on her source picture, maybe she can progress and finally complete this project.

Annita: I feel for you! I don't think I could have stuck with this as long as you have, but don't give up. I've read some great suggestions in the feedback for you, just stick to the source and suggestions that improve on it. I could never make a sim at this point, too much for me. :D

Disfruta de la vida mientras pueda. Mañana puede tener que lavar la ropa!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#161 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 3:57 PM Last edited by AnnitaSims : 11th Jul 2010 at 4:08 PM.
Oh, thank you! At least there's one person who understands that all these opposite suggestions are making me want to vomit..But ok from now on guys please, if you really want to help me, just post your suggestions on what i should do to make my sim like the resource pics.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#162 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 4:22 PM
Well.....Here's a first try.I forsee i will die soon.

Mostly Harmless
retired moderator
#163 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 4:44 PM
I think this is a great start However, can we see your sim with absolutely no CC - including skin- so that we can see the actual face sculpt and take it from there? From what I can see right now, I think the outer corner of her eyes needs to be lowered a bit.

Check out my other downloads at my blog!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#164 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 5:03 PM
Instructor
#165 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 6:09 PM
I think her head needs to be wider. I know you can't do this with the sims 2 but you could give the illusion of this by making her features smaller and making her head shorter. I think this will also make he eyes look better because they look a bit like they are popping out of her head to much at the moment.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#166 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 6:11 PM
My, she's like a monster now i'll have to get over this shock firstly..She is distorted isn't she?So if i make her head wider she may be even worse..
Bowties are cool.
retired moderator
#167 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 6:37 PM
Don't panic, it's coming along nicely

- Eyebrows with a pointy arch would look better than the ones you're using now
- Lips a smidge shorter
- Cheekbones lower

That's it for now, I think you're getting there
Lab Assistant
#168 Old 12th Jul 2010 at 9:55 AM
I think this may help you

If you don't stand for something, You'll fall for anything....
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#169 Old 12th Jul 2010 at 10:35 AM
Gena this is my source pic already,but thank u :-)
#170 Old 12th Jul 2010 at 11:15 AM
She rotated it for you so it is easier to compare.

-Lips need to be a click thinner
-Add a click of pinch to both the top and bottom lip.
-Bring the eyebrows down a click
-The eyes a click more closed, the liner will give you an illusion of open eyes without making her look forever surprised.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#171 Old 12th Jul 2010 at 2:09 PM Last edited by heaven_sent_8_18 : 12th Jul 2010 at 11:34 PM. Reason: figured I should include picture I referenced
Since MTS was down last night and I had nothing to occupy my time, I went into my BS and tried to make PI myself. She is definitely not the easiest to sculpt with that cartoon face! One of the things that I did that someone suggested, straight off the bat, was pick a face shape, brow shape, eyes, so on and so forth instead of just using one face template. I am not sure if you tried this yet but it was REALLY helpful because each feature was as close as I could get it from the start. Then I tweaked it with the sliders. I think she turned out pretty well. I'm not planning on uploading her or anything, just wanted to see if I could try my own hand at it and maybe give you some suggestions from there.

I mean, she is obviously not perfect or uploadable, but choosing each feature little by little and then adjusting from there seems like a little thing, but works wonders! She also looks WAY better with CC, as they always do!
Screenshots
Instructor
#172 Old 12th Jul 2010 at 5:49 PM
What I think is your main problem is the source picture you are using. Because she is facing sideways and her face is hidden by hair it's not a very good picture to use. What I think you need to do is to draw a picture yourself using that image as a base to see what she looks like facing forward. Then once you have done that and pleased with it, it will make making this sim a lot easier
Lab Assistant
#173 Old 12th Jul 2010 at 9:01 PM
I think you should try to make her jaw ALOT smoother then th rest of her face will look better, you can do this by playing around with the the face widening slider (in the general face edit section) and the various jaw sliders
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#174 Old 12th Jul 2010 at 11:37 PM
Guys all these are hours of work!It's just ridiculus trying to edit more a sim with a bunch of mistakes and a distorted-now- face!i will find an other source pic-i'm thinking of making asylum ivy she looks even more sexy-
but i realize that the comical ivy is something impossible for me at this time..I'll post when i'll have updates.
Instructor
#175 Old 13th Jul 2010 at 3:42 AM
Ok, look at the pic I’ve attached. It’s not a Photoshop pic, it’s an actual sim I made from scratch in BS, and it took about 10 min. I started with the first maxis face default, and sculpting from what I saw in the reference pic, and interpreting the rest, this is the sim I got. She obviously isn’t exactly like the PI pic, but I think she looks really close while still not looking too exaggerated. I mean, it’s obvious that she’s not supposed to realistic, but she isn’t too cartoony. Most importantly, I don’t think anyone can say she’s too maxis like.
My point is that you can still make the sim like you wanted in the first place, and have her not too maxis like. I don’t know if you like the one I made or not, but maybe you can use this pic as a idea for changes you could make to your own sim to get her to the point she needs to be before uploading her.
Screenshots

I don't take requests. :-)

"You with this lovely baby blue/green huge eyes and this evil touch...couldn't be more adorable" - My Vera
Locked thread | Locked by: Yogi-Tea Reason: do not delete - contains useful infos & links
Page 7 of 8