Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Socialite Career

by rspn99 Posted 31st Aug 2012 at 3:17 PM - Updated 27th Sep 2020 at 5:36 AM by rspn99 : Additional Corrections

74 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 41 Feedback Posts, 32 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 3
Test Subject
Original Poster
#51 Old 4th Mar 2013 at 12:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simfan2000
I've got a little problem (but maybe it's my fault ). When this career is installed, City Hall shows up Join Career3489045890949 (or something like that, Career and xx numbers). The description stays empty, nothing written in the blue box where you can decide to join the job or not. Also no description at the "job-box" of my sim. All other careers work well, also your modeling- or monarchy-career.

You say it's only in english but my game is installed in german. I thought this career would show up in english then, or doesn't it work in this constellation at all so I can't use it at the moment?

Thank you

Hi Simfan! I think I have fixed your problem with Missy Hissy's help of course. Please try to redownload the socialite career again at the downloads page. Please comment back if the problem is fixed. Thank you.

For updates on my custom careers just click the link => RICHARD'S THE SIMS 3 CUSTOM CAREERS
Test Subject
Original Poster
#52 Old 6th Mar 2013 at 10:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ajy0903
I'm not sure if this works on University Life or 1.50.xx.xxxxxx or higher.
If not, can you please update it, when you got time for?

Yes it works with patch 1.50.

For updates on my custom careers just click the link => RICHARD'S THE SIMS 3 CUSTOM CAREERS
Test Subject
#53 Old 9th Apr 2013 at 3:39 PM
Hello, I just wanted to add that I have the same problem as Simfan2000 and downloading the file again did not work sadly. I downloaded it only yesterday, so I guess it must be because there is no language compability.
Maybe this can be fixed in the future, but even if not, thanks for all the new careers you uploaded
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#54 Old 19th Apr 2013 at 3:11 PM
Can you add the translation strings?
Test Subject
#55 Old 8th May 2013 at 4:05 PM Last edited by 113gamer : 8th May 2013 at 4:22 PM.
Cool career! Will it work with world adventures?Because i really want to download this career.Please say me
Test Subject
#56 Old 25th May 2013 at 8:18 AM
Can you tell me how to instaal it? i've downloaded nraas base mod phase thirteen with patch level 1.50. Can you tell me how to install it?
Test Subject
#57 Old 28th May 2013 at 7:08 PM
can anybody please tell me why is it showing up as career xxxxxxxxxxxx in my game please? thanks
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 6th Jul 2013 at 11:19 PM
Is there a way I can change the rabbit hole to the Spa in stead of City Hall? City Hall doesn't seem appropriate for Socialite; seems that type of person suited for this "career" would be spending an ample amount of time primping and getting an excessive amount of massages and treatments. Or a club, but I can see how that wouldn't work for people who don't have the applicable EP's. But everyone has access to the Spa. I know my way around S3PE (or at least I'm good at following instructions). Thanks in advance if you can help me.
Test Subject
#59 Old 27th Jul 2013 at 3:14 PM
Hi I'm really not sure why but this particular mod makes my game crash on startup I've tested each one and it turned out that this one was the culprit. It looks so so good and I really want to make it work any advice? I have Nraas careers mod installed and no other separate custom career mods
Test Subject
#60 Old 27th Jul 2013 at 9:18 PM
I'm also running patch level 1.55 and have the following expansion packs - Late Night, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, University, Island Paradise. I have a few other Nraas mods including the woohooer and master controller and some custom hair and skins so I really don't see why it won't work :'(
THANKS POST
#61 Old 28th Jan 2014 at 10:35 AM
thank you
THANKS POST
#62 Old 23rd Mar 2014 at 11:35 PM
Thanks This career is awesome
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#63 Old 8th Jun 2014 at 2:02 PM
This is great.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#64 Old 13th Jul 2014 at 7:04 PM
Thank you! :)
Instructor
THANKS POST
#65 Old 13th Jul 2014 at 8:13 PM
Love it. Thanks for another great career. :)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#66 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 4:33 PM
Whoa! Thanks! Up to now, my "nauseatingly rich heiress" sim need to be "Unemployed" (nraas Career)... but it's not fun; nothing to do, nothing to achieve.

With your mod, my sim would have something to do with all the million$ she has in her back account :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#67 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 5:56 PM
awesome:]
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#68 Old 8th Oct 2014 at 12:38 PM
Thank you so much! I was a bit confused at the losing money aspect at first but it makes so much sense! Thank you for this mod <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#69 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 12:13 AM
Thanks so much cool career!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#70 Old 21st Nov 2014 at 11:51 AM
Great Careers Mods
Test Subject
#71 Old 18th Mar 2015 at 9:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by alextay7
I'm also running patch level 1.55 and have the following expansion packs - Late Night, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, University, Island Paradise. I have a few other Nraas mods including the woohooer and master controller and some custom hair and skins so I really don't see why it won't work :'(

this is a package file so it will run different than custom contenent if it isnt working your disc must be full
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 14th Jul 2016 at 12:44 AM
Does anyone know if this mod works with patch 1.67? I used to love this mod but am not sure if it'll work with my game now!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#73 Old 2nd May 2017 at 11:39 PM
Thank you! I love this career..* and those having problems.. and have expansions... this career is FOR BASE GAME ONLY* meaning just THE SIMS 3* and no other expansion packs*. hope i helped.
#74 Old 17th Jul 2020 at 8:21 AM
I get why it costs money to have this job at first, but why are the bonuses a detriment as well? Surely THOSE should be on the positive side rather than negative. Also I found many typos in the rank up description.
#75 Old 12th Aug 2020 at 5:09 AM
Hey so I ended up having to move my sims to a different spot in town and all the sims with custom careers lost their jobs, including my socialite. I thought you should know that this is a bug.
Page 3 of 3