Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#22751 Old 15th Mar 2020 at 7:34 PM Last edited by Craft90 : 15th Mar 2020 at 7:50 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Yes, it's liked deleting a grave. Which might mean that it's fine as long as you have nounlinkondelete, but probably best not to do it either way.

Yikes. Why did they code Wants to destroy Urns if deleting/destroying an urn causes irreversible damage? It makes no sense. Does it also cause neighborhood corruption? The corruption is kinda my biggest concern as Maxis/EA hasn't got a good track record of dealing with that. Shredding of character information kinda makes sense. Neighborhood corruption that causes the game to crash? Not so. I'd have the nounlinkondelete mod though. I really appreciate all the modders putting their time in to fix the game. Seeing as Maxis/EA isn't doing it.
Advertisement
Scholar
#22752 Old 15th Mar 2020 at 10:11 PM
Does anyone happen to know if Buggybooz fireplace that comes with the Craftsman collection is just a recolor facade that you overlay over Maxis fireplace?
I'm just wondering since it had no smokestack attached to it if it's strictly decorative or if it's a functioning recolor overlay.
Alchemist
#22753 Old 15th Mar 2020 at 10:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Craft90
Yikes. Why did they code Wants to destroy Urns if deleting/destroying an urn causes irreversible damage? It makes no sense. Does it also cause neighborhood corruption? The corruption is kinda my biggest concern as Maxis/EA hasn't got a good track record of dealing with that. Shredding of character information kinda makes sense. Neighborhood corruption that causes the game to crash? Not so. I'd have the nounlinkondelete mod though. I really appreciate all the modders putting their time in to fix the game. Seeing as Maxis/EA isn't doing it.

The same reason they coded it so you could delete Sims and move them between neighborhoods. They didn't realize how much damage it would cause at the time.
Mad Poster
#22754 Old 15th Mar 2020 at 11:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Clashfan
Does anyone happen to know if Buggybooz fireplace that comes with the Craftsman collection is just a recolor facade that you overlay over Maxis fireplace?
I'm just wondering since it had no smokestack attached to it if it's strictly decorative or if it's a functioning recolor overlay.

She says: The grandfather clock and fireplace are in perfect working order although the addition of the copper hood has sims poking and prodding through it and that cannot be helped.
She says that - HERE

I haven't used it in ages (and it's not in my game right now) - so I can't help you further... sorry!

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Scholar
#22755 Old 16th Mar 2020 at 12:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
She says: The grandfather clock and fireplace are in perfect working order although the addition of the copper hood has sims poking and prodding through it and that cannot be helped.
Oh! So it's functioning on its own without the need for an outside smokestack.....hmmm.
Mad Poster
#22756 Old 16th Mar 2020 at 12:33 AM
Oh! So it's functioning on its own without the need for an outside smokestack.....hmmm.

I don't see why not - these do too.

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Forum Resident
#22757 Old 16th Mar 2020 at 8:36 PM
Is there anyone out there who manually uses casual romantic interactions ACR offers? I can't get myself to using them because it feels too "cheaty", even though sims regularly seem to roll make-out wants when their relationship is way too low for it. And it's getting kind of weird how all sims have to fall in love before woohooing, even though that's not really the case in real life. How do you thing one can go about using them without feeling like a cheater?
Top Secret Researcher
#22758 Old 16th Mar 2020 at 8:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sugoisama
Is there anyone out there who manually uses casual romantic interactions ACR offers? I can't get myself to using them because it feels too "cheaty", even though sims regularly seem to roll make-out wants when their relationship is way too low for it. And it's getting kind of weird how all sims have to fall in love before woohooing, even though that's not really the case in real life. How do you thing one can go about using them without feeling like a cheater?

Me I don't use ACR, so I am not really commenting on the using of it, I do make extensive use of LizLove's Waterbed of Love though and one can set it like a Swinger Bed which is pretty much what I do. I even have a Swinger's Club that I created as a Business using this bed. Sims will woohoo on the bed even if they don't know each other as long as you don't set the bed up in such a way as to prevent them according to the Gender Settings. The bed has a lot of settings, so one can easily customize it. So my answer is I mainly use the bed.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Scholar
#22759 Old 16th Mar 2020 at 10:58 PM

I don't use them during dates cause it makes it just way too easy. Now that I think about it I tend to only use the causal "woohoo" command when I'm trying to reset the internal clock so I can control when they choose to do this. It's just to avoid my Sims suddenly deciding to woohoo when they need to be going to work, or getting dinner on the table for their kids or when the house is on fire. So no I guess I don't ever use them when establishing the relationship via dates. I must have a mod that allows woohoo with no love, I certainly have noinstantlove which means my Sims don't fall in love even if they do happen to woohoo.

Most specifically I don't use the ACR functions for any of my philandering Romantic Sims, which is where it would be most useful. If it happens autonomously when I'm not playing them then that's fair game but I don't self direct it cause you are right it feels too cheaty to me.
Forum Resident
#22760 Old 17th Mar 2020 at 12:42 AM
I must have a mod that allows woohoo with no love, I certainly have noinstantlove which means my Sims don't fall in love even if they do happen to woohoo.

Word? Do you know what that mod is? I've tried looking it up but nothing of the sort came up to me.
Scholar
#22761 Old 17th Mar 2020 at 3:24 AM
Word? Do you know what that mod is? I've tried looking it up but nothing of the sort came up to me.

If I had to guess, and guessing is what I have to do on this, I would say the likely suspect is "romancemod". Now it doesn't say that's what it does but Pescado's entire description of this mod is "it changes how romance and jealousy are dealt with" so I'm assuming it might be the culprit. It really only comes into play with my Romance Sims as everyone else in my game pretty much has traditional relationships. So perhaps my romance sims don't need to be in love to woohoo. I can say for certain that my one big town heartbreaker most definitely has woohoo'd numerous Sims that were not in love with him and that he was not in love with and I didn't use ACR to self-direct it, now how much of it happened autonomously I can't say for sure as I didn't always pay attention. He has woohoo'd more than 30 sims though and is only in love with 5 of them.
Mad Poster
#22762 Old 17th Mar 2020 at 4:55 AM

I do. For sims whose wants involve lots of woohoos and not necessarily loves, why would they need to be in love for those things? Goodness knows humans don't! It doesn't feel cheaty to me because why did EA code it that they have to be in love anyway? If something's done wrong then fixing it isn't a cheat.

I have other sims who have their first kiss under their wedding arch, so I have lots and lots of variety.

I play by character and wants.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Scholar
#22763 Old 17th Mar 2020 at 6:34 AM
Due to a series of glitches involving Pascal Curious giving birth (which I already figured out and fixed,) he's currently walking around my hood looking like he's pregnant, but not actually being pregnant. I figured out how to unset the pregnancy mesh in SimPE, but he still walks around with the waddle. How do I fix that part?
Top Secret Researcher
#22764 Old 17th Mar 2020 at 10:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by alljoj
Due to a series of glitches involving Pascal Curious giving birth (which I already figured out and fixed,) he's currently walking around my hood looking like he's pregnant, but not actually being pregnant. I figured out how to unset the pregnancy mesh in SimPE, but he still walks around with the waddle. How do I fix that part?

I would first try resetting him using the testingcheats if you have not already tried that, then using the Sim Blender, maybe making him pregnant and deleting the pregnancy.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Mad Poster
#22765 Old 17th Mar 2020 at 10:51 AM
There is Cyjon's pizza box . I just recently used it for fixing running teens.
Lab Assistant
#22766 Old 18th Mar 2020 at 4:34 AM
Can someone tell me the cheat for removing the plumbobs hovering over houses in hood view? Also the one that does it for sims. I can usually hide sims' plumbobs for screenshots, but when taking screenshots of a neighborhood those unsightly plumbobs are always in the way. I swear that a cheat exists for this for the hood, but my googlefu is failing me today

My simblrIcon credit
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#22767 Old 18th Mar 2020 at 8:19 AM
@Natpop if you go to Ya's archive you can download a mod that takes them all away permanently.

Found it http://www.mediafire.com/?whby5s8elj34c

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#22768 Old 18th Mar 2020 at 2:08 PM
@joandsarah77 thank you, a mod is the next best thing! I also see in here "- Bang!: 9 Functional guns" :O I've always wondered about mods that give you more violent/creative ways to kill sims. Do you have any experience with that mod in particular, Jo? Or anyone else for that matter? The other day I came across the mafia challenge for ts2 and it looked like a lot of fun, but I wondered what mod I would have to get for a satisfying "whacking" experience...

My simblrIcon credit
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#22769 Old 18th Mar 2020 at 2:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Natpop
@joandsarah77 thank you, a mod is the next best thing! I also see in here "- Bang!: 9 Functional guns" :O I've always wondered about mods that give you more violent/creative ways to kill sims. Do you have any experience with that mod in particular, Jo? Or anyone else for that matter? The other day I came across the mafia challenge for ts2 and it looked like a lot of fun, but I wondered what mod I would have to get for a satisfying "whacking" experience...

https://gardenofshadows.org.uk/gard...73065#msg473065 I use to have a mafia legacy years ago and I had some real guns. Some might have been from simwardrobe, there is an archive for those. They also had lethal throwing axes as well as a non lethal freeze ray gun.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#22770 Old 18th Mar 2020 at 2:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Natpop

Ja's guns certainly work very well. I use them when I do a Zombie Apocalypse challenge. My Sims hunt down and destroy all the zombies, once Military has been lifted.
Forum Resident
#22771 Old 18th Mar 2020 at 6:24 PM
Is there a glitch or oversight that lets customers on owned community lots just leave without paying?? It was dark so I assume it was because the game makes all visitors go home at some time but can they even come in, buy pretty much the entire stock and just leave without paying??
Top Secret Researcher
#22772 Old 18th Mar 2020 at 8:23 PM
Is there a glitch or oversight that lets customers on owned community lots just leave without paying?? It was dark so I assume it was because the game makes all visitors go home at some time but can they even come in, buy pretty much the entire stock and just leave without paying??

Umm I don't think so, but I am not absolutely sure. I have played a lot of Owned Businesses and I don't think I have observed it, but I am not positive that it could not happen. Have you observed this happening more than once?

Forum Resident
#22773 Old 18th Mar 2020 at 8:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
Umm I don't think so, but I am not absolutely sure. I have played a lot of Owned Businesses and I don't think I have observed it, but I am not positive that it could not happen. Have you observed this happening more than once?

It happened with two customers on the same day, and immediately I exited and came here to ask. I'll see if this happens again, but I sincerely hope it doesn't.
Mad Poster
#22774 Old 18th Mar 2020 at 8:39 PM
I think it works just like any other lot, if the customers have low motives they will just leave, even if they have unpaid items in their shopping bag. Time of day doesn't matter at all, I've had bustling businesses operating at 3 AM. If they leave with unpaid merchandise, they'll pay for it the next time they visit.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#22775 Old 18th Mar 2020 at 11:41 PM

They will pay when they come back.

~Call me Jo~
Page 911 of 1347