Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Base Templates for Making Your Own CAS/BodyShop Faces

by AllenABQ Posted 24th Nov 2005 at 5:11 AM - Updated 26th Oct 2006 at 5:35 AM by AllenABQ

40 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 37 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 2
Test Subject
#26 Old 6th Feb 2007 at 9:25 PM Last edited by trivium : 7th Feb 2007 at 12:07 AM.
This is kind of a stupid question, but where exactly are we supposed to extract the files to? I know not Downloads, but that doesn't really help.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#27 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 9:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by trivium
This is kind of a stupid question, but where exactly are we supposed to extract the files to? I know not Downloads, but that doesn't really help.

The files are to be unpacked then used to help make new faces. So whatever folder(s) you've chosen as your workspace is fine.

They are not game files. You PRODUCE game files from them that will go in your Downloads folder.
Instructor
#28 Old 12th May 2007 at 6:11 PM
I've tried this, and did a succesful one for an adult, and I was looking at the numbers and I'm wondering, what is 5? Is it for elders?
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 30th Jun 2007 at 11:45 PM
Thank you so much for these. I don't know if I'll have the patience to do a whole set, but this will definately help

I do have a question though (I don't know if you'll know this but its worth a try), but can I rename existing SavedSim files and still use them normally? I don't want to have to make all those faces, put them into a NH, and export them back to bodyshop just so that I can name them something that makes more sense :/
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 1st Jul 2007 at 12:26 AM
Okay, I've tested it out, and I was able to rename a savedsim package and the sim still showed up when I restarted BodyShop Thanks again for these files, I can't wait to get started making some faces!
Test Subject
#31 Old 14th Aug 2007 at 5:08 AM
The file "facefile_teenfemale17-cara.package" is missing the lod15 file. I tried to import it myself, buuut I can't figure out how to import something into SimPE. Help? :-)

Other than that these files are amazing. I greatly appreciate it!

Darlene, where are you going?
To get Daria.
Test Subject
#32 Old 10th Oct 2008 at 10:41 AM
Thank you so much for this! I'm excited to start making my own set of custom faces and you've made it easier to accomplish.
Field Researcher
#33 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 6:55 PM
Thank you for doing these - takes a huge amount of bother out of making default faces!
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 1st Jul 2011 at 12:23 AM
Default I Saw 7!
Quote: Originally posted by AllenABQ
0 - toddler
1 - child
2 - teen
3 - adult
4 - elder

I'm not sure where you saw 7? I never came across that when I was doing my edits.

I saw 7 as well! Don't know what it is but I didn't bother with it. I'm stuck anyway so ugh!
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 13th Feb 2012 at 12:41 AM
No TF LOD15
Quote: Originally posted by Starlit
The file "facefile_teenfemale17-cara.package" is missing the lod15 file. I tried to import it myself, buuut I can't figure out how to import something into SimPE. Help? :-)

Other than that these files are amazing. I greatly appreciate it!

Same here. I tried to add an LOD15 from another face temp. file to the teen female GMDC but still got a warped face. (See attachment.)

On the other hand, I'm really glad that I only have to hunt for one file. Thank you!!!
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 13th Feb 2012 at 6:11 PM
No TFCara LOD15 at All?
Well, the plot thickens. When I tried to retrieve the tfcaraLOD15 file from CASface.package, I discovered that there just isn't a LOD15 for that face. I can't imagine that Maxis wouldn't have fixed this since the base game release, so I'm going to keep searching for it. I just thought I should share this finding here.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#37 Old 28th Feb 2015 at 7:21 AM
I really wish I knew how to replace the elder face templates with the adult versions. Because I want to be able to replace the male and female elder default 02 Archbase templates with the adult default versions.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#38 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 2:48 PM
Bookkeeping: Saracadie's templates are now at: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=139564

C.Syde65, Just do Motoki's tutorial, using the adult template as the source and save it into the elder
Forum Resident
#39 Old 17th Oct 2015 at 1:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by miros1
Bookkeeping: Saracadie's templates are now at: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=139564

C.Syde65, Just do Motoki's tutorial, using the adult template as the source and save it into the elder

Yeah, but it's really complicated. I don't want to try something and then screw up.
Test Subject
#40 Old 28th Nov 2015 at 2:20 PM
Default Excuse me, I am a little confused.
Hi there! First of all, thank you soo much for making these it makes editing a lot easier and, although I do know how to extract facial features from a sim and replace the original template with their face, I do not know how to customize base faces. Do you use BodyShop? Or something else to make them uniquely your own? I haven't figured it out yet and there is no tutorial online to help me so if you could respond I would be so grateful.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#41 Old 30th Jul 2022 at 2:31 AM
THANK YOU!!!!
Page 2 of 2