Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
#26 Old 13th Apr 2006 at 7:20 AM
can i play the sims2 in computer?
Advertisement
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#27 Old 13th Apr 2006 at 7:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sulaiman
where to play the sims2
Could you be more descriptive?

Please don't PM me with questions. Post them in the appropriate thread.
Test Subject
#28 Old 19th Apr 2006 at 1:47 AM
Was I dreaming????
Hi, Just found your tutorial on making custom neighborhoods.

I SWEAR I had on my little pc, a program that must have come with the sims2, that let me make neighborhoods! It was a small window with 2 boxed sections below. I could make mountains and valleys. It looked like a 3D molding thingee all in black and white.

When I got the Sims2 there was a long lag to actually play the game because I needed a new Video Card to do anything! So I put it aside and maybe even reinstalled it. Can't remember. So where is this thingee? I can't find it in any of the sims folders and you are talking about something else. I am 99.99% sure I have never had SC4. Was I dreaming???? :confused: http://www.modthesims2.com/misc.php...=0&forumid=126#
Confused
Test Subject
#29 Old 11th May 2006 at 11:03 PM
I have a little problem, though. I've created, edited, added roads, etc to my city, copied it and pasted it into the SC4Terrains Folder, but in TS2, the roads don't show up. Am I doing something wrong? How do I fix this?

Here are some words of wisdom...

To heel wiht porperrr speelling!
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#30 Old 12th May 2006 at 2:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by travellersside
Of the building tools available, the only one that's worth anything is the road menu, and of that, only the 'Road' option. You can't place highways, railways or even streets, only roads. To place a road, choose the option, then click and drag to the right length. Remember not to use diagonal roads! If you aren't happy, just use the bulldozer icon and try again. Yes, this costs money, but you've got so much that it doesn't matter. Whenever you have an intersection of roads - T-junction or crossroads, you get some ugly traffic lights. Don't worry, they don't carry over into S2.
Please read.

Forum Resident
#31 Old 14th May 2006 at 6:47 PM Last edited by jmtmom : 20th May 2006 at 8:17 PM.
Thanks so much for this tutorial. I just got my copy of Sim City 4 from ebay and am making neighborhoods.

One thing that really helped me was to take neighborhoods from Sims 2 and put them in Sim City 4. That helped me get an idea of the scale.
Test Subject
#32 Old 18th May 2006 at 12:37 PM Last edited by Dalairen : 18th May 2006 at 12:47 PM.
ThanX for tute.
Very adequate.
"Tuts" on Maxis' TS2 site were absolutely unhelpful.
Your's is fully helpful for my needs.

I'm really the one of those crasy dudes who read forums FAQs before any move around.)))
Forum Resident
#33 Old 20th May 2006 at 8:15 PM
I have 2 questions:

1. Is there any reason why the roads have to be connected? I'm trying to do some LOTR type hoods and would like to have isolated areas, rather than stretches of road. Am I right in assuming that the roads only matter as places to put lots?

2. Is there an ideal number of houses for a neighborhood? I thought I hadn't given enough room, but turns out there was room for about 100. Is that too many?
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#34 Old 20th May 2006 at 8:36 PM
1. It shouldn't matter.
2. Good question. Base it on performance.

Test Subject
#35 Old 20th May 2006 at 9:11 PM
2 jmtmom:
1)Never met with game rejection of unconnected roads.I have two hoods with isolated areas and nothing seems to crash.
2)Ideal number should base on your purposes,what do you exactly wanna build - Rivendell,Minas Tirith or maybe Moria.Different houses ammount and scattering,different styles of building,etc.

I'm really the one of those crasy dudes who read forums FAQs before any move around.)))
Test Subject
#36 Old 20th May 2006 at 9:16 PM
I have one hood with about hundred of lots - nothing goes slow (P4,512RAM,GeForce2 - my PC is oldie )

Mad Poster
#37 Old 26th May 2006 at 12:07 PM
Default small steel arch bridges are transfered & other tips
Small steel arch bridges (sc4 rush hour) are transfered but only ONE type of bridge is alowed.

To draw from an image or a plan, edit it then rotate image horizontaly (the good old paintbrush can do it)... the Sims transfer will return it into original !

Be carefull with terraforming in Mayor mode... it costs ! There is nothing worse than be out of §§§ after hours of labor ! I dont know if is it possible to "motherload" SimCity ! Prefer "Ctrl-Alt-Shift click God mode", its free, "shift-1" pencil is smaller thant the mayor one, there is much more tolls!

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

* Plus j'échoue plus je m'approche de la réussite
* The more I fail the more I approach the success

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#38 Old 26th May 2006 at 7:24 PM
The SC4 money cheat is "weaknesspays". It add 1000 to the treasury.

Mad Poster
#39 Old 27th May 2006 at 3:37 PM
Default flat bridges - all smal towns in SC4 region
Itis a mod to have flat bridges YOU CAN IMPORT THEM !!!
[IMG]e:\flatbridge.jpg[/IMG]
its the Bridge Height Mode by joerg (thanks to him) in simtropolis.com site
Link to simtropolis.com

Its easy to have a complete SC4 region : with the good old paintbrush edit the config.bmp file, zoom 800%, copy a red pic and full the image in this red (its not the default one), save and exit. That's all.

Have fun

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Test Subject
#40 Old 31st May 2006 at 9:44 AM
i wish you put screen shots it would of helped alot but good still!
Mad Poster
#41 Old 1st Jun 2006 at 9:03 AM
sorry...
for the .JPG you can download the sc4 named Elk Rapids, there is one.
see the thread

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Test Subject
#42 Old 18th Jun 2006 at 2:12 PM
i downloaded snappledude's camera mod but it does not work
Test Subject
#43 Old 12th Jul 2006 at 2:35 PM
Default Cool
I already knew how to create custom neighborhoods, but it improved my knowledge, great tutorial.
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 29th Oct 2006 at 7:47 AM
Would I be able to use SimCity3000?

*´")
..·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´Wil-Redfern*¨)¸;*
Mad Poster
#45 Old 29th Oct 2006 at 9:30 AM
I dont think so Wil, you can use SimCity 4 (or SC4 rushhours). SC3000 maps dont fit with TS2 requirement as i know.

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Test Subject
#46 Old 15th Nov 2006 at 12:20 AM
Sweet!!! U ROCK 4 making this tutorial!
Forum Resident
#47 Old 27th Nov 2006 at 12:57 PM
This is very useful information to know! - I've just started to really take an interest in creating my own custom neighbourhoods etc from the terrain up and had some minor problems, with judging lot sizes mainly. Thanks for taking the time to create & upload this! - fantastic work!...

To all, of the very talented MTS-2 creative types - my sincere thanks for taking the time to create/upload/share...
Test Subject
#48 Old 21st Jan 2007 at 7:59 PM
Yes! I've been looking for this, thank you very much. Before I knew how to create neighborhoods, but not how to add pictures to them. Thanks again. :>
Test Subject
#49 Old 8th Feb 2007 at 11:04 PM
is it possible to make a "New City_Snow" neighborhood? I would love to have a mountain with snow and pine trees for my collection of log houses.... :P
Test Subject
#50 Old 11th Feb 2007 at 2:36 AM
How do create a custom neighbourhood in the sims2?

ORBITCARS!!!!
Page 2 of 4