Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

"Shop-at-home" Hacked Coat Hook

by MaryLou & Numenor Posted 23rd Mar 2007 at 4:24 PM - Updated 18th Jan 2014 at 6:19 PM by leefish : fixing images

472 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 423 Feedback Posts, 48 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 19
Field Researcher
#26 Old 23rd Mar 2007 at 7:23 PM
I have seen 2 other versions like this already , by Shaklin and someone else.
What makes this one unique is that you can get clothing for free.

-Thanks
Tentacle Of Righteousness
#27 Old 23rd Mar 2007 at 7:26 PM
Fantastic as always, thanks for creating such wonderful things.

Alt 255
The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned
to a dead channel.
Instructor
#28 Old 23rd Mar 2007 at 7:27 PM
Great idea! And very useful for medieval sims, because it's a pest to have wrong clothes in the game everytime a Sim has a birthday. This is a way quicker solution than having them head to a community lot for shopping. Thanks!
Test Subject
#29 Old 23rd Mar 2007 at 7:37 PM
This is brilliant! No more waiting through horrible load times just to get some more clothes! Thank you so much!!!
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 23rd Mar 2007 at 7:43 PM
Can I have both dressers, this and Wintermutai's one in my game? Will the conflict?

some call it art, i call it bull****.
Space Pony
#31 Old 23rd Mar 2007 at 7:50 PM
Thank you SO much! This should be featured.

SHOPxADDICTED

Like to see more, click here !
Test Subject
#32 Old 23rd Mar 2007 at 8:04 PM
Thank you Numenor and MaryLou! ANother great mod by both of you!
Field Researcher
#33 Old 23rd Mar 2007 at 8:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by drlatasic
Ciao!
Thanks for your great job.
Do you think will you upload the italian version of this hack in the future?
With Shaklin's universel dresser hack you cannot buy top or pants, it is possible with this one?

Ciao!
This hack already has Italian menu
Look at my site for images with all the Italian menu options.
And: yes, you can buy tops and/or pants.

Quote: Originally posted by MiuMiu1993
Can I have both dressers, this and Wintermutai's one in my game? Will the conflict?

Yes, you can have both. There is NO any conflict between the two hacks.

If you like my creations, you may consider to make a little donation to support my site and my modding activity.
MaryLou's Sims 2 World - MaryLou Sims 2 Forum (Italiano)
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 23rd Mar 2007 at 8:45 PM
The look of the object is fantastick! I would download even without all these wonderful options! Thank you SO much

Let me guess, you picked out yet another colorful box with a crank that I'm expected to turn and turn until OOP! big shock, a jack pops out and you laugh and the kids laugh and the dog laughs and I die a little inside. - Stewie (Family Guy)
Instructor
#35 Old 23rd Mar 2007 at 9:13 PM
This is perfect, thanks!!

Please do not re-upload my houses or Sims anywhere, even if it is just refurnished.

Thank you for your consideration.
Test Subject
#36 Old 23rd Mar 2007 at 9:21 PM
Thank you SO MUCH for making this! It's really a pain to have to go Downtown and wait for the loading, just to buy a single shirt, or a dress..And then have to go back if you forget something.

You're the best!
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 23rd Mar 2007 at 9:43 PM
Thank you for sharing!
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 23rd Mar 2007 at 9:48 PM
How cool! I didn't even know about the old dresser and I've always wanted something like this. My old computer does NOT like me to go to town. It's soooo slow I never shop and now I don't have to. Best part is, it worked perfectly without expansions! Yay! Thank you thank you!
Test Subject
#39 Old 23rd Mar 2007 at 10:53 PM
I have no words except THANK YOU! I can't wait to use this, it will be so helpful.
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 23rd Mar 2007 at 11:13 PM
Will getting clothes through this satisfy the Buy New Clothes want? (I'm going to use it anyway for those ugly age-transition outfits of course :D)
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 23rd Mar 2007 at 11:26 PM
For a long time now I've been using Cathair2005's Hacked Dresser and loved it (especially the "dig-out" explanation) but I will be happy to have this in game too. Between the two of them, even my dormies and beginner houses can afford and fit a clothing option as well as having a little more variety in their dressers!

3/31-4/1: I survived The Great Llama Day of 2006

"Flaming sims aren't much fun, they don't come when you call, they don't even try." - Iscariot on sim+firejet=?
Field Researcher
#42 Old 23rd Mar 2007 at 11:36 PM
Perfect, stylish and very much needed for me, I like going down to community lots, but it takes such time just getting a basic wardrobe! Thank you!

"Gag me with a reticulated spline!! You're not my cup of tea!" - The Nightlife Prima Guide
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 23rd Mar 2007 at 11:54 PM
It is a very good idea! Thank you so much for all your hard work.
I could never do that. Love your mods.
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 23rd Mar 2007 at 11:56 PM
That is a good idea! Thank you so much for your very good work.
I could never do that. Love your mods.
Test Subject
#45 Old 24th Mar 2007 at 11:00 AM
GREAT!! thank you very much for uploading !!!
Instructor
#46 Old 24th Mar 2007 at 11:03 AM
cool! thank you. Just a small question: does it include an option to regenerate portrature when planing outfit and changing clothing? I change Sims clothing only when I absolutely don't like the ones they grow up into. So, I need something from JM to regenerate portraits, but people at that site don't appreciate me and I'm not crazy about modding self. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 24th Mar 2007 at 11:38 AM
I never knew about the green dresser. Thanks so much.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#48 Old 24th Mar 2007 at 12:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sh0uriki
Will getting clothes through this satisfy the Buy New Clothes want? (I'm going to use it anyway for those ugly age-transition outfits of course :D)

That, I can't say. During my tests, none of my sims had the want to buy new clothes; but our Coat Hook uses exactly the same game routines as the normal shop coat racks (it's only instructed to apply a price of zero), so I guess that the want will be satisfied.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote: Originally posted by xptl297
cool! thank you. Just a small question: does it include an option to regenerate portrature when planing outfit and changing clothing? I change Sims clothing only when I absolutely don't like the ones they grow up into. So, I need something from JM to regenerate portraits, but people at that site don't appreciate me and I'm not crazy about modding self. Thank you.

Talking about the "dresser" functions of the Coat Hook, they work exactly like a normal dresser, which means that the portrait (thumbnail) of the sim is never updated.
In any case it's impossible to update the thumbnail just planning the outfit. On the other hand, we could expect that using the "Change to..." interaction should create a new thumbnail, but this never happens, neither in standard Maxis dressers, nor in our Coat Hook.
The only way to regenerate (in game) the thumbnail is to Plan a new everyday outfit, then Change to the everyday outfit, then direct your sim to a mirror and Change his Appearance. The mirrors always generate a new thumbnail; dressers, never.
And of course, there is the old good method of exiting the game and deleting the thumbnails by hand (so to force the game to regenerate them): they are located in (documents)\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods\N00X\Thumbnails ("N00X" is the number of the neighborhood where your sim live).

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 24th Mar 2007 at 2:41 PM
one more briliant thing from numenor !!! luv ya thanks for sharing
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 24th Mar 2007 at 3:15 PM
Wow, amazing work. Luv woodwork & coat choices you u'd. Thank you so much for sharing your combined brilliant talents, again with us.
Page 2 of 19