Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

"Independent Expressions" - Expansion Set - DOORS and ARCH

by MaryLou Posted 29th Aug 2007 at 10:06 PM - Updated 6th Jun 2009 at 3:55 PM by MaryLou : Fixed images' url

74 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 67 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 3
Test Subject
#51 Old 14th Nov 2007 at 9:43 PM
I agree with the others, this is very great content. Its creative and yet EA couldn't make doors to match their own windows lol I love them both and I have used them a lot in my houses. Thanks for this universal download.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#52 Old 6th Dec 2007 at 10:09 PM
Default Update
Update 06 Dec. 07 - Update the collection files
Added to both the collections, residential and community, the new "3tiles shapes" that are placed in the middle of 4 tiles.
The update file is IndependentExpressionsCollections.rar, available in the main post

For more details see the "Independent Expressions" - Expansion Set - PART II

If you like my creations, you may consider to make a little donation to support my site and my modding activity.
MaryLou's Sims 2 World - MaryLou Sims 2 Forum (Italiano)
Test Subject
#53 Old 2nd Jan 2008 at 1:50 AM
Your windows have been my favorite for so long I can't wait to put in matching doors
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 24th Mar 2008 at 3:21 AM
I love these expansions so much! Thank you Marylou!

I'm having a problem with the doors though. I can't seem to lock them with the OFB feature. Is anyone else having this problem?

Thanks again,

Matt
Test Subject
#55 Old 24th Mar 2008 at 4:54 AM
I Am So Thankful To Actually Have A Full Set Of Windows And Doors Match. Thank You So Muck!
Instructor
#56 Old 7th Apr 2008 at 12:28 AM
Fantastic set and it's so nice to have
some different doors/windows. :D
Thank you for sharing, Mary Lou!
*Pickles*

* Pickles *
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 23rd Apr 2008 at 3:37 AM
I love all of your Independent Expressions items. They're not only beautiful, but highly functional and usable.

I have everything in this collection. I started with each set in its own subfolder, then combined them in a single subfolder. But I still get some of them listed as duplicates using Delphy's organizer. Any ideas? Do the files in each subsequent collection contain the files from the previous collection? Also, what are the "collection" files names? The duplicate files are appearing in the "collections" subfolder. I've spent the last 4 days cleaning up my CC and downloading the things I wanted.

Albert - 2/14/1990-6/2007 He was no dog, he was my short, furry, four-legged, person. And I miss him.
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 1st Jun 2008 at 11:42 AM
These windows are like a dream for a dreamhouse. I'm so happy to see them them matched with these...Thanks so much.
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 8:10 PM
Nothing to see here, just the best windows and doors you'll ever find for The Sims 2! You did a lot of work on these, and they look great in the game. I've got a house that was red, white, and blue with red doors over white stucco, then it went to white brick on the first floor and the rest red stucco with white doors and windows, and it looks awesome!
Test Subject
#60 Old 9th Aug 2008 at 11:17 AM
Awsome! Your windows are the ones I use most in my houses and it's great to have the matching doors, now. And the doors look great! Well done and thanks for sharing them.
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 2nd Sep 2008 at 7:48 PM
The Independent expressions windows are my absolute favorite of the entire game, so the more matching things the better. Thank you for these, they are just perfect!
Test Subject
#62 Old 7th Sep 2008 at 8:29 AM
I can't seem to build anything anymore without using this set. Without a doubt, the most beautiful build set I've ever used. Many thanks, MaryLou!

Max
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 29th Sep 2008 at 4:57 PM
Thank you for creating these! I always thought that the Maxis doors and windows were lacking and this is what the game definitely needs. Thank you!
Test Subject
#64 Old 16th Nov 2008 at 9:10 PM
These are awsome looking TT_TT I can make antique houses probably... But is there files in ZIP. ...?
(RAR. files are my enemies!! >:0 lol~!)
Test Subject
#65 Old 25th Jan 2009 at 11:47 AM
Yay! I have finally found some doors and an arch to match! Great attention to detail. Thank you for creating these.
Test Subject
#66 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 4:27 AM
This whole set is absolutely beautiful! Thank you so much for making it! <3
Now I actually have a set of doors and windows that match. XD
I seriously love this set, however I've found what appears to be a glitch in the double doors. (I'm not sure if it does this with all of the doors, but the one that is messing up for me is the double door with the glass and chequered frame.) When my sims walk through one of the doors, it stays open. o-O I thought that it might just be a one time thing so I tried selling the door and buying it again. I ended up having to use the move_objects on code to sell the door because it said that it was still in use and then when I bought it back, it did it again.
Anyway, it doesn't bother me very much as I'm not an extremely picky player, but I just thought that you should know about it. ^-^ (And if anyone has any advice to fix this, I wouldn't mind that either. XDD)

Again, thanks for the awesome door set! <3
Forum Resident
#67 Old 28th Sep 2009 at 10:03 AM
I love this set and use it all them time in my lots. Thanks!
Test Subject
#68 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 2:28 AM
I absolutely love your sets. I was sad after I did a clean install when I played a day without it. Thank you for these!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#69 Old 6th Nov 2010 at 5:21 AM
What a wonderful set and just what I'm looking for. Thank you so much for sharing!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#70 Old 19th Jan 2011 at 1:42 AM
I have to thank you again for these sets that I absolutely love. It is still the set I primary use in my house building.

I have noticed a bit of a bug, though.

The 2-tile arch isn't compatible with apartments. Whenever I use it in custom apartments, I get an error stating that my apartments are invalid. If I cheat and force my Sims into an invalid apartment with this arch, then I cannot use anything beyond the arch properly. For example, I usually use it for kitchens, but then in an apartment, I am unable to place anything in the kitchen and I cannot use the stove and fridge for anything but the "Make..." or "Make Many..." functions. I will attempt to figure out the issue in Simpe, but I thought I should inform you. I do not know if anyone else has these problems.
Field Researcher
#71 Old 6th Apr 2014 at 5:44 AM
I've been using these wonderful things in my sims' home for, quiet literally, years now - thank you so much! - and I just noticed the same thing as avitous (I hardly ever make apartments), so thought I'd swing by and report the problem. Using the double-arch means anything beyond it as being unusable in an apartment; I had one leading to a kitchen, which led out into a sealed-in garden and both kitchen and garden were 'located out of bounds' when the sim family moved in. As it reports you've not logged in for ages, I doubt you even support these any more and fair enough! Just thought it was worth adding a heads-up, if you do come back, or if anyone else is having a problem. Thanks for all your hard work - I'll still keep using these in almost every single home I build, just not the apartments
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#72 Old 19th Aug 2014 at 11:30 AM
Beautiful expansion, thanks muchly.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#73 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 2:59 AM
Thank you so much for these!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#74 Old 3rd Jan 2015 at 3:13 PM
thanks
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#75 Old 3rd May 2022 at 12:38 AM
Thank you for your unique Custom Content, but I'd like to make a formal inquiry & request!
I've noticed no one is making door glass in Clear, I'm sick and tired of that Maxis blue-tinted Door and Window glass, so could you make Clear glass versions of ALL the Double Doors and Windows from Base Game to Apartment Life, pretty please?

I'm limited to the kinds of doors, single or double, and windows that I can use because of that god-awful Maxis default-blue tinted glass, when Clear is more realistic and pleasing to the eye!
Page 3 of 3