Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

[OUTDATED] Changing Lot size after building and/or playing (Archived)

by Andi8104 Posted 19th Jul 2006 at 3:03 PM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 9:20 PM by Nysha

Closed Thread Locked by: Reason: Go to: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=175884
363 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 362 Feedback Posts
Page 7 of 15
Lab Assistant
#151 Old 14th Sep 2006 at 8:36 PM
Danke Andi for this wonderful tool! XD I'm just starting to learn German. This is something I've always wanted to do. I think I need to experiment with some humongo lots now.

Hey fellow simmers, I'm not here at the moment. I've left the simming community for other hobbies in life. Eventually I will be back. Until then, don't expect any of your questions to be answered. Until I come back....

Happy simming!
Test Subject
#152 Old 14th Sep 2006 at 9:28 PM
I know they are in the houses bin-the problem is they are not showing up in my houses bin, that's what I was saying. Any idea on what I, specifically, may have done wrong? I want these SO BAD it's not even funny.
Field Researcher
#153 Old 14th Sep 2006 at 11:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cerunnos3600
I know they are in the houses bin-the problem is they are not showing up in my houses bin, that's what I was saying. Any idea on what I, specifically, may have done wrong? I want these SO BAD it's not even funny.

well, how did you download it? i downloaded each of the lots with winzip, then each lot/simpack with cleam installer and extracted them...that worked for me
Test Subject
#154 Old 15th Sep 2006 at 1:25 AM
Thank you for this I truly need this tool
Test Subject
#155 Old 15th Sep 2006 at 1:48 AM
I've been waiting for a mod like this forever! This is the best, it makes the inner cities look like cities!! Thank you very much Andi! Dankeshen!! I especially like the 1 x 1 lots!

One of the best downloads here, in my opinion. Thank you for sharing it!
Field Researcher
#156 Old 15th Sep 2006 at 4:04 AM
Damn I can't get it to work.. what is Windows Netframe???!!
Field Researcher
#157 Old 15th Sep 2006 at 5:47 AM
Thanks so much!
I actually asked for this a while ago
Test Subject
#158 Old 15th Sep 2006 at 6:02 AM
Quote:
Isn't this neat?! 8-29-2006 @ 7:55 P.M.
Posted By: Judhudson

This has been sitting in my email for awhile, but I'd like to thank PixelHate for sending me this info. Over at Mod The Sims 2, you can find a new tool that will expand your lots for Sims 2. That's pretty darn cool. I read thru the LotExpander thread from the MTS2 forum (the program can be found there or on Sims 2 Programs - Misc. Section) and I got a kick out of the new possibilities you can do with the neighborhood. Check it out!

Sim Programs
And Better yet its right on Top...
WAY TO GO... Now your popular, LMAO

Finially things are getting setup.
eMail me [email protected]
or visit RepublicOfTheSims.com or SimsSecretSociety.com for my upcoming line of stuff.
Lab Assistant
#159 Old 15th Sep 2006 at 3:25 PM
Impressive...

*Presses thank button*
Field Researcher
#160 Old 15th Sep 2006 at 5:47 PM
Thanks so much! I've been wanting a mod like this for some time.
Forum Resident
#161 Old 16th Sep 2006 at 1:41 PM
AWESOME! 5 Stars and tanks! Errm... Thanks of course!
Test Subject
#162 Old 17th Sep 2006 at 2:03 AM
Well, first I downloaded it the same way as everything else-with Winrar. Then I tried the cleanpack install. Nothing's worked.
Test Subject
#163 Old 19th Sep 2006 at 10:09 PM
I'm really looking forward to using this, it'll really help me, Thanks
Forum Resident
#164 Old 22nd Sep 2006 at 5:21 AM Last edited by Makai : 22nd Sep 2006 at 7:57 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by starman4016
Hmm...This is weird. I don't know whats up but everytime I try and start the program this comes up. Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click quit, the aplication will close immediately.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Hmm I clicked continue and nothing happens...so could someone please help me?

**Fixed**

There was a corrupted neighborhood in my folder. I just had to delete it and then it worked. Thanks again this mod is amazing!

This is what is happening to me... How can I find which nghbhd is corrupted??

Thanks,

Makai

**FIXED**

And this program works like a charm.

Thank you for sharing,

Makai

Live Well
Laugh Often
Love Much

"If you don't live for something...You'll die for nothing.."
Test Subject
#165 Old 23rd Sep 2006 at 3:51 AM Last edited by Sim55 : 23rd Sep 2006 at 3:58 AM.
I have found an issue ...and the solution!

The problem (to me) is with Microsoft's ever-changing web pages when one goes to get the .NET Framework 2.0. I usually use the Mozilla FireFox as my default browser. Microsoft MANDATES that a person use Internet Explorer. If you do what I do (start IE6 without making it the default browser) then none of the .NET Framework links in this thread work (because they call FireFox).

Because of this, if you manually search microsoft.com for the .NET Framework, you can accidentally download .NET Framework 2.0 Beta 2
(if, that is, you aren't paying attention to the screen and you're getting this download while doing two other things, and talking on the telephone.... shame on me).

This marvelous LotExpander from Andi8104 DOES NOT WORK with 2.0 Beta2.

Here's your clues that this has happened to you too:

You have:
- Installed your new .Net Framework
- Run the LotExpander SetUp.exe and left the checkbox checkmarked which runs lot expander when the installer exits.

You then get an error message with the following message:
Quote:
"LotExpander.EXE - Fatal Error"
CLR error: 80004005
The program will now terminate.
OK

Here's the cure:
If you open the Windows Control Panel and run Add/Remove Software, the programs are listed in alphabetical order. Scroll down to the "N" listings and you'll see your:

.NetFramework 1.1 (which you need for the current 058b version of SimPE, as well as other non-game .NET 1.0 programs ...like ATI's video card "Catalyst" application)

and .netFramework 2.0 (which you need for LotExpander)

(Just so you know, it is perfectly okay to have both .NET 1.1 and .Net 2.0 on your machine at the same time.... in fact, it's required if you are running older .NET programs and newer .NET programs. Back to the Add/Remove listings...)

And .NetFramework2.0 Beta 2

- Click the button at the lower right of its hghlight and uninstall the Beta 2
- This will damage the older .NetFramework 2.0
- Go back to Microsoft (using Internet Explorer)
- Here's how to manually find the correct 2.0 (since their website seems to change daily)
- On the left hand menu of their homepage under "Resources" click "Downloads".
. - Just under the title banner across the top of the next page is a search box
. - Leave the left hand box at "All Downloads"
. - Type (or cut'n'paste from here)
. - .NET Framework 2.0
. - The blue-text link of the first result should read:
.NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package (x86)
(currently has Release Date as 3/22/2006)

If you download and run THIS installer, a screen will pop up (a page or two into the installation) which lets you bullet "modify" or "repair". Select "REPAIR".

After this completes, your LotExpander will work as Andi intended (and it is GREAT!)

I'd also like to emphasize something Andi said a few posts above this one:

If you're like me, you think about the lot sizes in terms of the grassy area only. THE GAME includes the street. So what we think of as a 3x2 the LotExpander calls "3x3" as the "old size" (because one unit's depth is the street).

Andi, this program is FANTASTIC!! I can't wait for the "LotEditor2.0" whcih will let us SHRINK and EXPAND our lots! Thanks, Andi! Danke

-Sim55
#166 Old 23rd Sep 2006 at 4:25 AM Last edited by Sorcerer : 23rd Sep 2006 at 4:58 AM. Reason: Update
The code has allot of Errors I had to remove the Manifest to get it to run. I have gotten all errors fixed that I was having.

Ok I have did some Updates to the Original Code added a custom Logo I made and fixed some English Grammer mistakes.

I also fixed some Coding Errors that where caused when using the code in VS 2005 Team Suite.

Anyone Interested in seeing the New Code PM me.

I got some Other GUI and code Idea's I may work on later
Lab Assistant
#167 Old 23rd Sep 2006 at 5:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sorcerer
Anyone Interested in seeing the New Code PM

Perhaps I'm biased since I write software for a living, but perhaps a better idea would be to just send your updates and suggestions to Andi8104 instead of hijacking her work as your own and then passing it on to others. Just a thought.

(And if you already have Andi8104's permission to do this, I apologize, but since you made no mention of that, I have no way of knowing.)
Instructor
#168 Old 26th Sep 2006 at 5:12 PM
I tryed the LotExpander.
But the ni choesed a number it count back to 0.
Why?
Sorry for my english.

Unauthorized incoming post!
Instructor
#169 Old 27th Sep 2006 at 5:59 PM Last edited by morten8035 : 27th Sep 2006 at 6:26 PM.
I found out the problem
But I have a new problem.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#170 Old 28th Sep 2006 at 1:09 AM
Well, the instructions state that you will need to make at least one structural change (just add a fence or something) so that the game engine registers the diminesion changes (or whatever).

What the instructions didn't state was that even after doing that, you still need to go to the neighborhood view and manually move the lot so that it properly snaps to the road. Have you tried that?
Forum Resident
#171 Old 30th Sep 2006 at 2:45 AM
This program has worked like a charm for me both versions! I don't ever want to play witout it again! Thanks so much Andi!
Lab Assistant
#172 Old 3rd Oct 2006 at 2:28 AM
Thanks so much for this. As a builder this will open new doors for my creations.

Builder delux.
Test Subject
#173 Old 7th Oct 2006 at 12:48 AM
I have a problem starting it

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at LotExpander.LotExpander.ZuScreen1()
at LotExpander.LotExpander.WeiterButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

this happens right after clicking the start button, NET 2.0 x64 is installed.
Test Subject
#174 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 4:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheCoffeeBear

The car don't work... need bigger lot to build the garage, plus.. now I can beautify the lot as well.

THANKS

speaking of the car, i can't even get a driveway put in mines when i extend it along the road! if someone can fix this or show me how to fix it i would really appreciate it.
tho!

Your Mother... 'Nuff Said...
Test Subject
#175 Old 15th Oct 2006 at 9:22 PM
Hey there, Andi8104, I have a little problem, I can't figure out for the life of me how to use the lot expander. Is there a particular directory that the information needs to be extracted into???Email me at [email protected] when you come up with one, because I really need that info
Closed Thread
Page 7 of 15