Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Portal Revealer

by Inge Jones Posted 4th Oct 2007 at 10:09 PM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 4:49 PM by Nysha

63 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 59 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Instructor
#26 Old 11th Oct 2007 at 7:35 PM
I'll try this one out. Not sure how useful it will be, but I suppose every little bit helps. The bigger challenge for me will be developing a bus interior for the showdown-with-assassins scene. (The buses in the game are not useful for fighting, obviously.)

You can find me on the Sims 4 Gallery as DozerfleetProd. If you have XBox One or PS4, please test out my creations, and let me know if / how well they work on consoles.
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 13th Oct 2007 at 5:47 AM
Man Inge, you rock. I love that you not only thought of it (huge) and executed it (woot!), but were kind enough to share (Awww...). Thanks ever so much. Muah!
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 5th Nov 2007 at 4:27 AM
Thanx for this - very useful.

"Stirred sheep and whirreled peas don't mix. In order to mix these two things you would have to puree the sheep." -JoJo
Test Subject
#29 Old 1st Feb 2008 at 7:19 AM
Finaly a way to fix the Mailbox/trashcan blocking sims from getting on a bus or in a car. That is without Moving them...
Test Subject
#30 Old 28th Feb 2008 at 4:17 PM
has anyone had problems with lots crashing the game after using this (bon voyage).. i used this and the make a beach/where no beach portal from simalogical and bought waves...

anyone do that?

i also found the portals were not working after they were revealed...
Test Subject
#31 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 9:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lauraannq
has anyone had problems with lots crashing the game after using this (bon voyage).. i used this and the make a beach/where no beach portal from simalogical and bought waves...

anyone do that?

i also found the portals were not working after they were revealed...

I had a bit of trouble with this on one lot that I had. I seem to have it working ok now though.
What I found was best was to add the portals, sell the flamingo again then save to the neighbourhood and re-enter the lot and that seemed to iron out the bugs.

Make sure you have the portals facing the right way round and if you want them to swim you need to lower the terrain enough for them to be able to get in.
Check out a beach lot first to an idea of what you're aiming for.
Sockpuppet
#32 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 5:33 PM
Is it FreeTime compatible ???
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
Original Poster
#33 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 6:23 PM Last edited by Inge Jones : 5th Apr 2008 at 8:44 PM.
There are some differences but I don't know what actual effect it would have. I'll check it out soon.

Later: The slight difference was EA fixed the waves and swimming portal so they don't get deleted when a family moves out. I updated the files. They are backwards compatible with BV still.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Original Poster
#34 Old 7th Apr 2008 at 9:52 AM
All the information you have just asked is in the first post of this thread. If there are any specific phrases you don't understand there, then ask me to explain them another way.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Sockpuppet
#35 Old 7th Apr 2008 at 11:48 AM
ok, i'm sorry, I missed some lines, thanks !
Forum Resident
#36 Old 30th Apr 2008 at 7:22 PM
Hi Inge,

I apologize if you have already answered this question somewhere. I have read through this thread and the one you reference with buyable portals. I am dyslexic and have trouble the posts. Is there a step by step, with or without pictures, tutorial on what can and can't be done with portal revealer and buyable portals?

Thank you for your time,

Winterhart

Sometimes the Dragon wins and I AM the Dragon!
Original Poster
#37 Old 30th Apr 2008 at 8:53 PM
Not as far as I know. What did you want to do with them?

Field Researcher
#38 Old 24th May 2008 at 5:05 AM
Can u make the Cars(Carpool & Buyable Cars) come in the other way???

I am MOHAAPlayer on Discord
Original Poster
#39 Old 24th May 2008 at 8:35 AM
Yes I think you can do that just by reversing the portals. Or put them on the other side of the road or something, to make them drive on the left.

Test Subject
#40 Old 8th Jun 2008 at 4:31 PM
In my game with the FT patch installed buyable beach portals don't work. When sims try to use them I get the error message:
Invalid pop: locomotion stack is empty.

Жизнь пройдет, это только минута,
Тонкой струйкой бегущий песок,
Красноватая мякоть грейпфрута,
Горько-сладкий дающая сок.
Original Poster
#41 Old 8th Jun 2008 at 9:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dukasha
In my game with the FT patch installed buyable beach portals don't work. When sims try to use them I get the error message:
Invalid pop: locomotion stack is empty.

Oh Were they ok before you installed the patch?

Test Subject
#42 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 10:06 AM
I tested them earlier in FT without patch, but at the other computer. Everything was OK.

Test Subject
#43 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 11:57 AM
Now I have two FT versions at the same computer: with the patch and without the patch. The saved games folder is the same for both versions. Buyable beach portals work fine only in the game without patch. In the pathed version I get the error message again.

Original Poster
#44 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 2:31 PM
Try using the portal revealer to reveal them on and off a couple of times and see if that clears them up. They may have been stuck in an ambiguous state, since lots of things reset when you install a patch or EP. I would be quite surprised if the patch fundamentally changed a beach portal.

The ModFather
retired moderator
#45 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 10:06 PM
I can confirm that neither of the two FT patches has modified anything in the GroupID 0x7F03C064 (Beach - Portal). Only the original FT modified some resources, but Inge has already taken care of those changes.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#46 Old 21st Dec 2008 at 7:15 PM
Cool flamingo pic. I don't think I need this YET, but thank you because others who do need it have it.

(()) Pass the ribbon. You must've done something to
//\\ deserve it.
Thanks everyone who contributes to this site! It makes my Sims game so much funner!
Test Subject
#47 Old 1st Jan 2009 at 4:37 PM
Default For Thieves
Can I make the "NPC - Controller - Burglar" Visible?
Original Poster
#48 Old 1st Jan 2009 at 5:19 PM
No, this hack will not do that for you.

Original Poster
#49 Old 2nd Jan 2009 at 12:20 PM
VulcanSun, please can you stop cluttering this thread with off-topic posts. Your comments are absolutely nothing to do with a portal revealer hack.

Test Subject
#50 Old 21st Sep 2009 at 12:40 PM
i was playing the sims just then and i was getting pissed off at all these random sims walking past my house..
ive had this b4, so i knew it was good
thanks man
Page 2 of 3