Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Postcards Galore! *UPD 05 Nov 2008*

by MaryLou & Numenor Posted 20th Nov 2007 at 12:55 AM - Updated 4th May 2014 at 2:37 PM by leefish : fix broken images

198 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 189 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 8
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 20th Nov 2007 at 5:55 PM
Amazing!!!
#52 Old 20th Nov 2007 at 7:35 PM
Holy crap this is amazing!

AbstractSIMmer187 Has Retired From Sims 2 Creating
All Of My Creations Are Found Here
Scholar
#53 Old 20th Nov 2007 at 9:00 PM
Test Subject
#54 Old 20th Nov 2007 at 9:13 PM
This is just unbelivable! Amazing! Thank you!
Forum Resident
#55 Old 20th Nov 2007 at 9:41 PM
Cool. Thank you!

«Kindness - quality, which surplus does not harm».
John Golsuorsi.
"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."
Dorothea Lange
Forum Resident
#56 Old 20th Nov 2007 at 10:42 PM Last edited by CynicalChick : 21st Nov 2007 at 4:07 PM.
you always amaze meeeeeee. thank you!
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 20th Nov 2007 at 10:52 PM
I am also not seeing any pictures, aside from the thumbnail loaded to MTS2 - shows a "No Hotlink" animated gif instead. =)

(But great idea! Thanks for this awesome backwards compatible item!)
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 20th Nov 2007 at 10:58 PM
It's nics, but I'd like Simli-*gets shot*
Field Researcher
#59 Old 20th Nov 2007 at 11:01 PM
Please don't take this as criticism--I am seriously in awe of this! But...

May I please ask if they're supposed to be so fascinating that the sims ignore everything else on the lot in order to browse through them? I don't know if I've done something wrong...when Sims won't even stay in a hot tub or bowl, or busk or skate or poke their enemies, because they want to look at post cards, it changes everything about a community lot....

At any rate, don't put these near doorways or stairways as businesses do in real life...they'll totally obstruct traffic! It's a wonderful new item and brilliant, but I wonder if you could balance this out just a bit, please, so my Sims are willing to eat and play and buy cell phones with these on the lot.

It also might be helpful if you clarify that customers don't actually buy them from the racks but only browse--a cash register is required for them to buy.
Alchemist
#60 Old 20th Nov 2007 at 11:13 PM
Awesome idea Sims *should* be able to send postcards indeed...and you two have done a wonderful job, as always!

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Instructor
#61 Old 20th Nov 2007 at 11:25 PM
Yet another thing that was missing and I didn't realize it you made it. THanks
Mad Poster
#62 Old 20th Nov 2007 at 11:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nelson340
It's nics, but I'd like Simli-*gets shot*

Was that going to be "Simlish"? I fancied them in Simlish as well so I've edited the textures with English text on them in SimPE.

Anywho, fantastic work to the both of you!

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Instructor
#63 Old 21st Nov 2007 at 12:52 AM
This is awsome, very brilliant and nice. How can I thank you?
Your ideas gives the game soo much extras!

/Lisen
Field Researcher
#64 Old 21st Nov 2007 at 12:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Silky-M
May I please ask if they're supposed to be so fascinating that the sims ignore everything else on the lot in order to browse through them? I don't know if I've done something wrong...when Sims won't even stay in a hot tub or bowl, or busk or skate or poke their enemies, because they want to look at post cards, it changes everything about a community lot....

I just play tested these and they function perfectly but I am experiancing the same thing with the attractiveness of this item. Within a short time every single sim (townies and controlable sims) on the lot was "browsing" the racks and doing nothing else.

They really are wonderful but is there a way to make sims want to something other than browse them when they are on a lot?
Top Secret Researcher
#65 Old 21st Nov 2007 at 2:14 AM
Um, I guess these work for other people, but both times I have downloaded and installed them (all the files, because I wanted all the versions, and it looks like that was okay to do) they didn't show up in the correct place in the catalogue. Instead, a cardboard-looking picture showed up under wall hangings. The catalogue description for that was in Italian, though judging by my rough internet translation it was about postcards. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Well, obviously there is, but do you know what it is?
Field Researcher
#66 Old 21st Nov 2007 at 4:18 AM
I think I'm going to make sure that when I use these, they are the ONLY thing on the lot. They are just too attractive. Here's a screenie:

This is one of my best community lots, my tweaked version of MUSICAL OASIS, a lot I apparenty didn't get here but which is a cool guitar-shaped building. There is a lot to do on this lot, particularly music, which is ordinarily a high-interest thing, but nobody is performing now, and Sims who can't get to the postcards because of the mob just leave the lot. I understand the buzz! but please tweak this so that it becomes part of the community lot instead of taking over? Or offer a second version. Since there is no "buy a postcard" want, and I play heavily for the aspiration points...well, you get my drift.

The WTC vacation card caught my eye this last time I was playing, and all I can say is the world would sure be a much, much better place now if we could all still vacation there. 'Nuff said on that. Thanks for including that...I do like the cards you have in the collections I've seen so far.
Mad Poster
#67 Old 21st Nov 2007 at 4:32 AM
Wow, this is truly amazing, I never even thought of such a thing to be able to exist! I'm not surprised that this is featured. Thank you for your work!
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 21st Nov 2007 at 4:58 AM
I bow to your greatness! Thanks for this, I thought it was a fun idea in Sims 1, but you two have made it even cooler!
Field Researcher
#69 Old 21st Nov 2007 at 5:27 AM Last edited by Silky-M : 21st Nov 2007 at 9:05 AM.
I don't mean to belabor the point here but, wow, in two days of testing this--it hasn't malfunctioned once despite too much other CC. Not one Sim on two community lots with postcards went to buy themselves or a friend coffee, usually the most-desired amenity of any lot:

This is a double screenshot while paused at the same moment. Nobody was anywhere near the bar or the cappacino machine, or doing anything else, and my active Sim Serafina was buying herself a postcard. Some minor photoshopping was done to "illuminate" the postcard and generally spiff up the scene.

I edited this to make that clear...and again this isn't criticism, just an aspect of this set that may be undesireable on the typical multi-activity community lot. I think these racks need to be placed carefully so that the throngs they draw won't kill your traffic flow, and I am not seeing any Sims moving away from them.

Did you dust these cards with something highly addictive?
Field Researcher
#70 Old 21st Nov 2007 at 7:39 AM
@ cnj6768, Rainncandy,Zelia Theb:
I think you can have a block for the referrer information.
Usually this happens because the images are stored on a different web server than the one you are visiting (MTS2), in this case the MTS2 server sends a request to my web server to obtain the graphics, this request includes the referrer information.
Do you have a security internet or a personal firewall like "Norton Internet Security and Norton Personal Firewall" that could block the referrer information?
Try to enable MTS2 to receive the referrer information, creating a rule that permits this in your security internet sw.

In the meantime you can visit my site (link in the signature), and look at if you can see all the relative images.

If you like my creations, you may consider to make a little donation to support my site and my modding activity.
MaryLou's Sims 2 World - MaryLou Sims 2 Forum (Italiano)
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 21st Nov 2007 at 8:48 AM
go to simwardrobe.com there can you find more things for ofb
Field Researcher
#72 Old 21st Nov 2007 at 11:16 AM
MaryLou, i dont have any firewalls or security, and i can only see the no hotlinking gif. (Using Firefox too)

And.. I love the postcards they are awesome :D

My wiki with 1100+ links to the community! Also in categories! Click here!

"Whether it's good or bad, it's so unfortunate to wake up during a dream." - Judeau [Berserk]
Field Researcher
#73 Old 21st Nov 2007 at 11:28 AM
You two make us mere mortals drool with envy, amazing! Thankyou

You're lying to Sam like he's your wife. Which kinda makes me your mistress.
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 21st Nov 2007 at 12:25 PM
This is absolutely perfect for my Baleen Island hood (a SUN site) for the visitors center...I may even attempt recolors for the locals!!! Thank you so much!
Test Subject
#75 Old 21st Nov 2007 at 1:58 PM
What a great, amazing work, thank you so much!!!
Page 3 of 8