Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Designable modular stone stairs, with shape options

by marvine Posted 16th Mar 2008 at 10:39 PM - Updated 21st Mar 2008 at 5:32 PM by marvine : Added manual install instructions

159 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 147 Feedback Posts, 11 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 7
Instructor
#76 Old 22nd Mar 2008 at 1:26 AM
What a perfect, brilliant idea! This (and of course a dozen hair does and hats) is just what my medieval hoods were screaming for. Thank you so much!
Field Researcher
#77 Old 22nd Mar 2008 at 1:57 AM
I have never felt the desire to install a custom modular stairs untill now. Thank you. This is unbelieveably amazing. I am in awe of your awesomeness.
Instructor
#78 Old 22nd Mar 2008 at 9:11 AM
Beautiful! These will look great on so many types of lots. Thanks!
Field Researcher
#79 Old 22nd Mar 2008 at 1:43 PM
Test Subject
#80 Old 22nd Mar 2008 at 2:15 PM Last edited by fsh23 : 22nd Mar 2008 at 2:21 PM.
It's me again! I downloaded the scriptorium and redownloaded your stairs again but still I can't see them in my game properly. I tried to upload an ingame picture of them,but in case it doesn't show I'll try to explain: First, they are perfectly smooth (not crooked like yours), identical steps. Second, there are no recolors.

Has anyone else encountered the same problem or am I the only one

Anyway, they are still very nice the way they are in my game and I'm gonna use them but I wish I had the real thing

thanks in advance
Screenshots
Instructor
Original Poster
#81 Old 22nd Mar 2008 at 2:57 PM
Fsh23,

This is how the stairs will show when you first put them on your lot - this is the default step shape.

As explained on the first post, you then need to use the design tool (circled in red on the attached pic) to select the shape and colour for each step individually.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#82 Old 22nd Mar 2008 at 3:32 PM
Oh! I thought those instructions were for people who wanted to recolor your steps

Thank you for your patience I can't wait to try them now!
Lab Assistant
#83 Old 22nd Mar 2008 at 6:13 PM
Wow these are wonderful thank you
Lab Assistant
#84 Old 22nd Mar 2008 at 9:00 PM Last edited by Canoodle : 14th Apr 2008 at 7:58 PM. Reason: Converted to a 'thanks' post.
These stairs are just great, the stone textures are so nice that you've the feeling that you're walking trough the real mountains and not in some tourist park. I really like that because it's nothing compared to what you've got and had in the sims2.

GREAT JOB I Love it!
Scholar
#85 Old 22nd Mar 2008 at 11:32 PM
C'est superbe Marvine !!! Bravo !
It's a wonderful job, so neat in a natural setting ! Well done !!!

And congrats for the featuring, this new version of your splendid spiral stair deserve it !

All of nature is within us and we are part of all nature (Chief White Cloud)
Field Researcher
#86 Old 22nd Mar 2008 at 11:59 PM
I have been wanting something like this for a very long time!! Thank you Marvine! They are incredible!

Can't. Stop. Downloading.!!!
Inventor
#87 Old 23rd Mar 2008 at 12:47 AM
These are wonderfully, outstandingly amazing *grins* and are just what I need for my mountain lots. Thankyou Marvine

Please call me Laura
"The gene pool needs more chlorine."
My Site
Test Subject
#88 Old 23rd Mar 2008 at 4:15 AM
I followed your directions assiduously. Can't wait to open my game and install these! How wonderful! I am having visions of a waterfall park with mossy stone steps! Thank you!
Test Subject
#89 Old 23rd Mar 2008 at 4:35 PM
I've wanted these type of stairs forever. Thank you for all your hard work and for making my game much more enjoyable.
Test Subject
#90 Old 24th Mar 2008 at 2:16 AM
Ok, looks like I got them to work. It's just that silly vista wanted to make it particularly challenging for me... Well, problem solved now. Thanks a lot!
Wiki Wizard
#91 Old 24th Mar 2008 at 1:47 PM
This is excellent definitely deserves to be featured:D

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Lab Assistant
#92 Old 24th Mar 2008 at 6:51 PM
GORGEOUS! OMGAH, this is a friggin' mastahpiece! xD I gotta download this!

Thanks, doood!

Don't hate me for my negative personality... It's in the blood.
Lab Assistant
#93 Old 26th Mar 2008 at 12:22 AM
Beautiful! Beautiful! Beautiful! Gotta tell you, you are amazing. Thank you.

[
Lab Assistant
#94 Old 26th Mar 2008 at 1:10 AM
YES!!!! This is exactly what I'm looking for! I've been driven up the wall by the fact that i can't find some stairs like this!! Thank you times infinity xoxoxo

My favourite heavy metal is the one you can wear...
Test Subject
#95 Old 26th Mar 2008 at 5:36 AM
Nicely done. Thanks so much . This looks much better then the traditional when you want a little rocky staircase
Field Researcher
#96 Old 26th Mar 2008 at 8:59 AM
I... Love you!

My 100% free site Carnaby Sims
Test Subject
#97 Old 29th Mar 2008 at 12:32 PM
Wow! Thank you for this fantastic stairs! I can't wait to install them in my game!
Forum Resident
#98 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 5:37 AM
These stair are just absolutely gorgeous, I really love them, many many thanx.

Sylvon
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#99 Old 15th Apr 2008 at 2:24 AM
So beautiful! thank you! :D
Test Subject
#100 Old 15th Apr 2008 at 4:55 PM Last edited by ragus29 : 15th Apr 2008 at 5:10 PM. Reason: redo
Default can't open file.
Love the stairs, just can't seem to get the .txt file. I have used the Q-Xpress install, that didn't work and so I tried to just manually put it in a folder and do a local install. Just won't open for me. I did a search on My Computer and no file is there. Any input would help. (I have downloaded the stairs with no problems with Q-Xpress. Q-Xpress shows that it did download the .rar, just won't open it.)
Page 4 of 7