Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers wanted: Ultra-Gnome 3000 **UPDATED**

by fwiffo Posted 12th Jun 2005 at 2:21 AM - Updated 21st Jun 2005 at 12:01 AM by fwiffo

66 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 64 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Field Researcher
#26 Old 18th Jun 2005 at 4:17 AM
Hmm Who doesn't like Lillith Pleasant? She's awesome...
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 20th Jun 2005 at 4:35 AM
Can you make a list of the effects or something? I'd like to put it in my game, but I'm worried about some of these effects (sometimes my sims come home from work with other sims in a bad mood....y'know?)
Test Subject
#28 Old 20th Jun 2005 at 4:46 AM
lol Revenge of the Gnomes!!!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#29 Old 20th Jun 2005 at 5:36 AM
Well, they're supposed to be a surprise... As it stands, there are seven possibilites, chosen at random. One is a guaranteed fatality. Another is a possible fatality and possible property damage. Another is a non-fatal but definately a long term consequence. Another is a very stringent, short-term, non-fatal deterrent. The remaining three are all pretty mild and should be non fatal.
Field Researcher
#30 Old 20th Jun 2005 at 9:17 AM
fwiffo, you are quickly becoming yet another amazing, talented, creative and trust worthy hack0r. I love your twisted little mind. Heheh. Well... so far, just by hearsay, as I have yet to actually use either of your hacks in game. I definately will drop your two toys into my hack testing game just to play around with them. :D

I would also hope that you might eventually add configuration options that include lethal and mild settings. It would be nice also (if you haven't done so already), to put in checks for family members/residents (so they can kick them for fun still without any, hopefully, permanently harmful effects) and possibly include checks for friends at least. Maybe the more severe effects, as you say, would be reserved for the meaner/grouchier/annoying sims or townies. Unless you have the non-lethal setting on, would it possible to allow certain things to happen, such as electrocution, fire, etc. occur but still somehow guarantee that death not result?

On a side note, these gnomes probably have unique GUIDs and therefore probably would not be used by Pescado's Kick Stuff Macro? Just want to be sure. If I do install these in my game, that my sims don't suddenly get directed to kick them for fun and get more than they bargained for. :P

Similarly... I also imagine that sims probably wouldn't autonomoulsy kick them? I had the feeling that autonomity is a setting on objects. It would seem wrong to have it set if this is meant more as a countermeasure to visitors who might steal it? Is there a way that autonomity is distinguished between playable/resident sims versus non-controllable/visiting/thieving sims?

Thanks. Can't wait to give this a try. :D

Ste
Test Subject
#31 Old 20th Jun 2005 at 10:52 AM
Weird! i downloaded this, then i played one of my girl sims in college. made hey kik the gnome a couple times. She got shocked and now her face is stuck burnt and she's 1st stage pregnant (i thought you couldnt get preg in college)..... and she has no maternity clothes she just naked....... its weird but cool at the a same time
Test Subject
#32 Old 20th Jun 2005 at 11:01 AM
this hack is full of surprises
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#33 Old 20th Jun 2005 at 2:14 PM Last edited by fwiffo : 20th Jun 2005 at 4:30 PM.
OK, that's definately a bug in the object. Young adults aren't supposed to get pregnant (it's bad.) I'll get a fix as soon as I can. In the mean time, I strongly advise against using the gnome on university lots, and against inviting over any young adults to a lot where the ultra-gnome is accessable.

The gnome is cloned from the standard gnome, so it has identical autonomy. Your sims and your neighbors will kick it on their own. I assume the kick stuff macro looks for the gnome and flamingo GUIDs, and if so, they would not kick my gnome. However, it is in the same semiglobal group, so if it checks that, they would.
Test Subject
#34 Old 20th Jun 2005 at 10:08 PM
ok. that seams to be the only bug. I cant wait untill your next update. Keep up the good work!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#35 Old 21st Jun 2005 at 12:01 AM
The new version is uploaded. Everyone using this object should upgrade.
Test Subject
#36 Old 26th Jun 2005 at 6:18 PM
This is awesome! Can't wait to teach that gnome stealing friend a lesson!! LOL Thank you for this
Field Researcher
#37 Old 26th Jun 2005 at 7:45 PM
Heh, heh, now they won't steal my gnomes. Thank you!
#38 Old 26th Jun 2005 at 9:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by macmaniac
Thanks dude, finally those pesky neighbors can't take this puppy, the only problem is MY sims kick it and die. Just wondering if it is possible to design it, so that sims in the current family don't die from it. Either way, this thing is awesome :D

That's possible with SIMPE. Open the Ultra Gnome and go to Pie Menu Functions. Go to Plugin View and UNcheck Elders, Teens, Children, Adults.
I guess that's it? What does "Demo Child" and "consecutive" mean?
Greeeeeeeetzahh Meee
Field Researcher
#39 Old 28th Jun 2005 at 11:53 PM
lol this is perfect cuz i made a band, I called them the exloding gnomes...lol funny joke, and uh, i had gnomes all over the lawn to represent the band but people kept on stealing them at parties. My sims are always wanting to steal them back but the theives are gone.
Perfect thanx a lot
i hope u enjoyed my very much so true story
lol
Instructor
#40 Old 1st Jul 2005 at 3:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fwiffo
As much as possible, I want to make it feel like a gnome with various booby traps. One right now is a swarm of flies that kills your sim. The electric shock is another. I want to add a "poison gas" which kills the sim and has some sort of green smoke effect like on plates gone bad. Another will set the sim on fire.

I've got some other, more complicated ideas but I want to see if they'll actually work before I make too many promises.

Hey fwiffo,

How about the Exterminator's can of poison - or is it the regular spray can of poison - for your toxic gas? I think that's a thick yellowish gas - don't remember for sure. Can't get much more toxic than that. Which brings to mind a killer swarm of roaches with the Flu, too. Even baby diaper miasma animation could be used, you think? Help me my eyes are starting to burn just thinking of all the possibilities.

I wouldn't mind seeing a flock of killer Flamingos - Hitchcock style, no wait, I like the flamingos, but they are in alliance with the gnomes. Ummm, you could substitute the bunny/teddy bear instead. ~wink~

Could the gnome pelt the perp with toxic water balloons that would cause something like death by drowning?

Oh - I know...Do you remember the scary animal topiaries in The Shining? Maxis has the Llama hedge all ready to go, which needs a special purpose, but not in the same way that Steve Martin had in The Jerk. I felt the need to clarify that point. Anyway, Llamas have a nasty habit of spitting, maybe you could work with that.

HD
Instructor
#41 Old 1st Jul 2005 at 4:06 PM
I forgot to mention that someone posted the results of testing the instance of gnome theft by placing it with his back to the wall. In each test the gnome could not be stolen - I think it was on this site. The poster thought possibly that having his back up against a shrub or fence might do the same trick.

HD
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#42 Old 1st Jul 2005 at 7:20 PM
I think I posted about that at one point. I inadvertnatly discovered that gnomes are unstealable if their back is up against something because sims can't walk behind them to do the stealing animation. So if all you want to do is stop gnome theft, just arrange them like that. The Ultra-Gnome is only good if you wish to extract revenge.
Instructor
#43 Old 2nd Jul 2005 at 7:50 AM
I think I posted about that at one point. I inadvertnatly discovered that gnomes are unstealable if their back is up against something because sims can't walk behind them to do the stealing animation. So if all you want to do is stop gnome theft, just arrange them like that. The Ultra-Gnome is only good if you wish to extract revenge.

I suspected you were that poster, with all the testing and experimentation that goes on in your 'lab'. That's why you really like Strangetown - it suits you doesn't it? I like it because it suits my quirkiness, too.

So, you have suceeded in Gnome Pollination then? Did Jaedle ever come back with results on how the NPC RC Car-hybrid turned out?

Just wondering,

HD
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 2nd Jul 2005 at 6:02 PM
Originally it was going to be EP requried because one of the countermeasures was cribbed from an EP object, but I haven't gotten that one working yet, so it's stubbed out. I haven't tested it without the EP, so I'll be interested to hear any feedback from people that don't have it.

Sorry it took so long to reply back, Yes! it does seem to work well without the EP. In our game anyway. We have only seen 4 results, not sure what they all would be, but so far so good! love this object, been using it to help build a graveyard on a lot. Thank you!

Oh, roh bitah!
Looking for the graveyards?
There "All" Here! -> The Sims Graveyard - http://thesimsgraveyard.com, In One Place :)
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 9th Jul 2005 at 6:28 PM
I... this.... *giggle*

Someone with a warped sense of humor like mine. I love it.

I, however, think I'll wait until this can be, er.... turned down when needed.

But funniest idea I've seen yet! *snicker*
Test Subject
#46 Old 12th Jul 2005 at 1:56 AM
wow that's so cool I've never seen a swarm of flies before! (although I've tried!)
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 12th Jul 2005 at 10:59 PM
This is the strangest thread I've ever seen. I feel so much at home. *cries* Thank you for the Ultra-Gnome 3000.
Test Subject
#48 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 8:30 PM
Lol, I just wanted to say thanks. One of my CAS sims was found passed out in front of another house I was playing. When I went to play his house, a day later we both realized he would have a little reminder of the event. How funny and what a suprise.
Test Subject
#49 Old 30th Jul 2005 at 12:29 PM
Pitiful this does not seem to work for me, although I extracted it to the download folder as stated in the readme. I don't have University, though. Custem content has been activated in Options, but it still does not show up. What a pity, I really wanted to test it...
#50 Old 5th Aug 2005 at 8:55 PM
thanks..will try out..
Page 2 of 3