Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#226 Old 2nd Apr 2023 at 12:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AedanStarfang
THUM 0x16CCF748

Thanks!

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Advertisement
Test Subject
#227 Old 29th Apr 2023 at 12:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Thanks!

So is there anyway I can fix it so I can save as .png again?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#228 Old 29th Apr 2023 at 1:06 PM
So is there anyway I can fix it so I can save as .png again?

I just tried it and the export to PNG works fine in the current version of s4pe.

Please describe exactly what you did and any error messages.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
#229 Old 30th Apr 2023 at 9:49 AM
I just tried it and the export to PNG works fine in the current version of s4pe.

Please describe exactly what you did and any error messages.

I never get any error messages, the option to save as or export to .png just doesn't exist for me anymore for some reason. I think I'm using the installer version (I think), if that matters.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#230 Old 30th Apr 2023 at 11:25 AM
I never get any error messages, the option to save as or export to .png just doesn't exist for me anymore for some reason. I think I'm using the installer version (I think), if that matters.

There is no installer version. Can you upload a screenshot of the options when you right-click the thumbnail?

Test Subject
#231 Old 6th May 2023 at 3:00 PM
There is no installer version. Can you upload a screenshot of the options when you right-click the thumbnail?

When I right click the only options for exportation of images is to file or package, I should also note there is an error message stating that its failed to update whenever I first launch S4PE.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#232 Old 6th May 2023 at 4:39 PM

When I right click the only options for exportation of images is to file or package, I should also note there is an error message stating that its failed to update whenever I first launch S4PE.

Are you saying NO images will export to PNG or just this type?

Those PNG options should be there. You can try downloading again in case you're missing a component, and make sure you're downloading from the s4ptical GitHub. If that doesn't fix it I have no idea why they wouldn't show up

Just ignore the update error. I haven't been able to fix it or even disable it.

Test Subject
#233 Old 6th May 2023 at 4:59 PM
Are you saying NO images will export to PNG or just this type?

Those PNG options should be there. You can try downloading again in case you're missing a component, and make sure you're downloading from the s4ptical GitHub. If that doesn't fix it I have no idea why they wouldn't show up

Just ignore the update error. I haven't been able to fix it or even disable it.

No image option for any file types
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#234 Old 6th May 2023 at 10:59 PM
No image option for any file types

I don't know what would cause that except a missing component. Try downloading again. If that doesn't work I'm out of ideas.

Test Subject
#235 Old 8th May 2023 at 11:28 AM
I don't know what would cause that except a missing component. Try downloading again. If that doesn't work I'm out of ideas.

I redownloaded S4PE from the github page, I'm now seeing an "import from PNG" option, but still no export to PNG. I think at this point I'm just going to delete it and move on.
Test Subject
#236 Old 17th Jul 2023 at 1:12 PM
Hi, I am having the same issue. When I go to download s4pe_V0.6.07z it is showing up as a '7z file' and not an application. I have tried to download it a few times and restarted my pc and it still downloads the same way. Is there anyway to fix this? thanks in advance
Mad Poster
#237 Old 17th Jul 2023 at 7:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bonnielove
Hi, I am having the same issue. When I go to download s4pe_V0.6.07z it is showing up as a '7z file' and not an application. I have tried to download it a few times and restarted my pc and it still downloads the same way. Is there anyway to fix this? thanks in advance

That's because it's a .7z file that you need to extract before you can run the .exe that is inside. The github page does explain this in bold lettering.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
#238 Old 9th Aug 2023 at 5:10 PM
A friend had a problem opening s4pe, and as I was walking them through the process, I had to see if there was an answer online. Since there wasn't a clear answer, here you go:

1) Download from Github link OP shared;
2) When file opens in 7z, drag s4pe folder to desktop;
3) Open folder & sort via type;
4) Drag s4pe.exe to desktop;
5) Run s4pe.

I would keep the folder you dragged to desktop somewhere you know you won't forget that it's there, just in case.
Hope this helps!
Test Subject
#239 Old 5th Jan 2024 at 1:08 AM Last edited by Fenestron : 5th Jan 2024 at 9:27 PM.
For starters, I am using SteamDeck Desktop mode because It is more conveniant at this time. This is the only program I can't seem to get running, everything else works through Proton or I use "Protontricks" to install additional libraries like .net framework. For whatever reason I cannot seem to get S4PE to actually stay running. I used 7zip for extraction on the SD as well as on a windows machine, same result.

When I install it (using Proton via Steams "Add a non Steam Game" which works for Blender, S4Studio, Photoshop, sims 4, everything else, etc) I get the automatic update prompt, then I get two quick pop ups, "Refreshing Wrapper List" followed by "Initializing Form". Then the program stops running. No additional information.

I have tried v6 v5.5 & v5.4 of S4PE. I have also tried running the exe (s4pe.exe) with the included native linux Wine as well as different versions of Proton.

Does this program require .net framework or any other libraries?

Anyone got any ideas shy of just using a windows computer?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#240 Old 5th Jan 2024 at 2:03 PM
Yes, according to the github page it needs .net 4.0:
https://github.com/s4ptacle/Sims4Tools
Test Subject
#241 Old 5th Jan 2024 at 9:04 PM Last edited by Fenestron : 5th Jan 2024 at 9:34 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Yes, according to the github page it needs .net 4.0:
https://github.com/s4ptacle/Sims4Tools

You know what the problem was? The front size of [Requirements.NET 4.0] was 9000 instead of 9001, then maybe I would have seen it, lol. I swear my own stupidity amazes me somtimes.

Sincerely, thank you VERY MUCH! I added the .Net 4.0 dependancy and it worked like a charm.

While troubleshooting I tried running via Bottles for more configurability, especially though the cmd line via console and it spit out some crazy error that made absolutely zero mention of .Net ...

For anyone else that ends up doing this, I ended up needing to run this program through Bottles because going the traditional steam proton route and using Protontricks to install .Net 4.0 wasn't working, I was getting an error that suggested .Net 4.0 was 32bit and I was trying to install on a 64bit system which would then terminate the installation. Additionally, simply adding the S4PE.exe to steam via "add a non steam game" from the Bottles path [/home/deck/.var/app/com.usebottles.bottles/data/bottles/bottles/S4PE/drive_c/Program Files/s4pe/] does not work as its seems it might not use the .Net 4.0 dependancy so I have to run S4PE.exe through Bottles.

Thanks again!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#242 Old 5th Jan 2024 at 10:17 PM
Glad you got it working, thank you for the tips! Well done.
Page 10 of 10