Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jul 2020 at 9:08 PM
Default I'm very new to this, so I don't know what I'm doing.
I'm trying to make an override for the NanoCan Touchless Trash Can so that it can give money again. The recent patch completely disabled getting money from it.

What is the string for earning money?

I've never made mods before so.... if someone could link me to a tutorial, that would be great.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 3rd Aug 2020 at 1:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Epierc32
I'm trying to make an override for the NanoCan Touchless Trash Can so that it can give money again. The recent patch completely disabled getting money from it.

What is the string for earning money?

I've never made mods before so.... if someone could link me to a tutorial, that would be great.

Good news is that it's not to hard (I mocked one up, and it seems to be working fine), so I figured I'd explain how to go about it. Not sure if you still need the help, but it might be useful for the future, and it's still an issue in game (I tested), so yeah.

In short, the loot which runs when you drag something into the can which adds the money (97144, loot_LiveDrag_PutInTrashcanHitech) doesn't have a value in it anymore. No idea when EA decided to remove it, but alas it doesn't. So it's fairly solveable.
You simply need to replace where it has the "money_loot" section with this
Code:
    <V t="money_loot">
      <U n="money_loot">
        <V n="amount" t="literal">
          <U n="literal">
            <T n="value">10</T>
          </U>
        </V>
        <E n="subject">LotOwners</E>
        <L n="tests">
          <L>
            <V t="test_set_reference">
              <T n="test_set_reference">229195<!--testSet_Venue_Residential_Allow_LiveDragTarget--></T>
            </V>
          </L>
        </L>
      </U>
    </V>

Afaik, the money gets added when you throw away the stuff normally, so it's only the live-drag stuff which you need to worry about.

Since you're new I'll explain how I did it:

Hopefully that helps and makes sense. Let me know if you have any questions, I'm not an amazing modder by any stretch, but I can do a decent amount.