Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Nov 2020 at 6:59 PM
Default Leg tattoos on mermaids
Heya!

I'm new over here and I'm not sure if someone asked this before but...

Recently I installed some cool CC for one of my mermaid sims with amazing body patterns. The thing is that they are allocated into the leg tattoo category... and guess. Leg tattoo's doesn't appear in CAS while in mermaid shape, and it's quite annoying to have that specific CC in human shape for it to dissappear in mermaid shape.

Does any of you know about a mod that unlocks leg tattoos for mermaids, or either a way to do it by myself?

Thank you!
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 24th Nov 2020 at 11:09 PM
IMO the only way would be to reclassify the tattoo as makeup or a skin detail or whatever, or maybe as a tattoo for a different area. You can do that in CAS Tools or Sims 4 Studio. If it's actually on the leg it may not show up correctly on a mermaid, however, since the structure is different from a leg.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Nov 2020 at 3:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
IMO the only way would be to reclassify the tattoo as makeup or a skin detail or whatever, or maybe as a tattoo for a different area. You can do that in CAS Tools or Sims 4 Studio. If it's actually on the leg it may not show up correctly on a mermaid, however, since the structure is different from a leg.

It's actually a fullbody tattoo, a body pattern, I'm thinking about modyfying the texture around the tail/fin area so it doesn't look too weird, but first I need to make it work. ;-;

May I ask how can I reclassify the tatto for a different bodypart? I already made a try with TS4 studio and it's still not appearing, maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks for your help!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#4 Old 25th Nov 2020 at 8:23 PM
In Sims 4 Studio:
Open the package in My Projects
Warehouse tab
Click on each CASP, scroll down and change the BodyType.
Save.

In CAS Tools:
Open the package in Clone Package Editor tab
General CAS Part Properties tab
Change the Part Type. Commit. The change will automatically apply to all swatches.
Save.
Screenshots

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4