Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Design Kit (Version 1.10, updated 01-08)

by Fat D Posted 24th Dec 2005 at 10:02 PM - Updated 25th Mar 2007 at 12:03 PM by Fat D : Updated

90 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 85 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Test Subject
#2 Old 24th Dec 2005 at 10:04 PM
Thank You!
#3 Old 24th Dec 2005 at 10:11 PM
that rocks.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 24th Dec 2005 at 10:24 PM
Thank you for you beautiful gift! Exchanging gifts on christmas eve is tradition in Hungary too . It's a great idea and amazing job! I loved your old half-wall set too, so it will be one of my favorite soon, I sure. I'll try this ASAP. Thanks, and Fröhliche Weihnachten!

I'm a hungarian guy, so please, do not shoot me for my poor and rusty english, and yes, you can correct me, you can teach me, I will be very grateful :).
Forum Resident
#5 Old 24th Dec 2005 at 10:34 PM
Thank you! And Merry Christmas! :santa:
Test Subject
#6 Old 24th Dec 2005 at 10:39 PM
Default Cool
Needed some arrow walls Thanks.

Jack : If we want to find out who's behind this, we have to do what the Asgard do.
Daniel: You mean bluff?
Jack: Yep. We just need to do it without revealing what we know.
Daniel: Which is nothing.
Jack: Right. But they don't know we know nothing.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 24th Dec 2005 at 10:41 PM
the arrow is 2-story
Field Researcher
#8 Old 25th Dec 2005 at 2:17 AM
Very creative, as usual. Thank you and Merry Christmas.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 25th Dec 2005 at 3:15 AM
Thankyou very much for both the wall set and the wonderful seasonal sentiment (I hope You have a very Merry Christmas and a happy new year).
Test Subject
#10 Old 25th Dec 2005 at 8:01 AM
thanky very much and I hope you have a holly jolly christmas.
Instructor
#11 Old 25th Dec 2005 at 4:42 PM
First of all I want to thank you for this wonderful set, and apologize for being a nuisance on Christmas day, but I have a few questions (and I really think I followed the instructions!) so sorry if this post is a bit long!
:umm:

-First of all I have your older half wall set, I have a sub folder with the following files:
- fatd-halfwall-base.package
- fatd-halfwall-counter-corner.package
- fatd-halfwall-counter-helper-otherside.package
- fatd-halfwall-counter-helper.package
- fatd-halfwall-counter-main.package
- fatd-halfwall-counter-open.package
This I've used in a few houses and works fine

I downloaded the set in this thread:
- MTS2_194425_Fat D_fatd-designkit + the color options
and tested it on a version of my game without downloads (I use it for testing only, not to play) and this worked fine too (I could actually use it, it is really a great set!)
Then I tested it in my "real" game, that has many downloads in it, and it crashed!
I tried downloading the legacy files too and deleting the old folder, but it still didn't work...
Maybe it's an ID conflict with another download or something?
What files must I keep from your old set and what do I get rid of?

Another funny side-effect is that after crashing the game one of my USB ports is dissabled!
:nod:

Another question: in your screenshots I can see you use "helpers" of differenty heights to finish of your windows, but I only can find the counter ones (from the old set, I guess). Do they need an EP or did you use a cheat?

Thanks again, and hope you can help me!

(Note: I have only the original game, and I play it on a Mac, but this shouldn't be the problem...)
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#12 Old 25th Dec 2005 at 4:58 PM
they should be in the new collection. you will have to delete your previous set before installing the new one (that's why I included the legacy files) as the lower half-wall board, the inside corner and the color options are the same as on the half-walls, just slightly remade as I found som issues. There shouldn't be any conflicts if you delete the old stuff, as they all have registered GUIDs andunique CRES names. The only file you should keep if you have it is the "fatd-halfwall02.package", if you had ever had it. I suggest deleting and redownloading any files starting with "fatd-". This way, you can make sure you don't have any of my half-walls left. then, download the main part of this set, any number of recolours (but at least the white one) and the legacy files (if one or more houses in your game include my helpers or the open part). The new helpers are all in the new collection (green background with blue lines, yellow writing on it) after the main boards and their corners (I think) and look like copies of my old helper with variable thickness.
Test Subject
#13 Old 25th Dec 2005 at 5:00 PM
thank you, really really great!!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#14 Old 25th Dec 2005 at 7:50 PM Last edited by Fat D : 25th Dec 2005 at 8:25 PM.
I spotted a really big problem, it will be fixed soon. I forgot to include the helpers. Thanks to alexpligrim for mac test. I also did a x86 NoEP-Test and it worked fine.

EDIT: Fixed.
Test Subject
#15 Old 25th Dec 2005 at 9:34 PM
Thank you soooo much fore this set!!!! It looks realy cool in the game!

And a marry christmas to you! :wave:
Field Researcher
#16 Old 25th Dec 2005 at 10:23 PM
Thank You!
Instructor
#17 Old 25th Dec 2005 at 11:46 PM
Thanks!
Test Subject
#18 Old 26th Dec 2005 at 12:39 AM
Very well done, thank you and a merry christmas to you too
Fluffy
retired moderator
#19 Old 26th Dec 2005 at 8:54 AM
this would make some great modern houses,
what a nifty idea
thank you!
Test Subject
#20 Old 26th Dec 2005 at 11:03 AM
koolio, me likey likey, THANKYOU!

big whoop ur posting a few windows on christmas eve....
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#21 Old 26th Dec 2005 at 11:35 AM
I got permission from numenor to use his Wall-Window mesh for the glass bit, so it was uploaded.
Test Subject
#22 Old 26th Dec 2005 at 12:27 PM
In which one of the sets is the half walls in? Do they work so you can build U and L-shaped stairs without boolProp?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#23 Old 26th Dec 2005 at 1:55 PM
not stairs, only windows.it's no replacement for boolprop, and they are among the others in the collection. look under windows or into the collection.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 26th Dec 2005 at 5:32 PM
Hi, Thank you for this kit, but I'm confused and I just have to know so I don't mess up. I ran a search and I have the following files:

fatd-halfwall-base.package
fatd-halfwall-counter-corner.package
fatd-halfwall-counter-helper-otherside.package
fatd-halfwall-counter-helper.package
fatd-halfwall-counter-main.package
fatd-halfwall-counter-open.package
fatd-nightlife-halfwall-fence.package
fatd-nightlife-halfwall.package
fatd_numenor_halfwall_brick.package
fatd_numenor_halfwall_wood.package
fatd_numenor_door_tpl.package
fatd_numenor_rgiles_blue.package
fatd_numenor_rgiles_green.package
fatd_numenor_rgiles_red.package

Which files do I have to keep, or are they all outdated. I think the nightlife and numenor labeled ones are okay to stay, am I right? Then which should I download. I want all the recolors but I'm confused with the version info. I'm sort of lost.
Thank you again for making them and sorry to be of a hassle, and have a happy new year :D
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#25 Old 26th Dec 2005 at 7:36 PM
the nightlife halfwalls are independant of this set, as are the ones which have numenor right after my name (Wall-Window recolors). All fatd-halfwall files are outdated, fatd-numenor-halfwall files were my first attempt at halfwalls, they have been replaced by both of my sets. you can get rid of them if you don't have them in any house. However, they won't conflict with my design kit. I will give an explanation to all of your files:

fatd-halfwall-base.package - outdated, you can still use it, it's the same as the three color options.
fatd-halfwall-counter-corner.package - outdated, new version in the main package. please delete.
fatd-halfwall-counter-helper-otherside.package - outdated, still in the legacy files, delete, download legacy files if still used in a house.
fatd-halfwall-counter-helper.package - outdated, still in the legacy files, delete, download legacy files if still used in a house.
fatd-halfwall-counter-main.package - outdated, new version in the main package. please delete.
fatd-halfwall-counter-open.package - outdated, still in the legacy files, delete, download legacy files if still used in a house.
fatd-nightlife-halfwall-fence.package - no relations to design kit
fatd-nightlife-halfwall.package - no relations to design kit
fatd_numenor_halfwall_brick.package - no relations to design kit, outdated
fatd_numenor_halfwall_wood.package - no relations to design kit, outdated
fatd_numenor_door_tpl.package - no relations to design kit
fatd_numenor_rgiles_blue.package - no relations to design kit
fatd_numenor_rgiles_green.package - no relations to design kit
fatd_numenor_rgiles_red.package - no relations to design kit

Recolours for the halfwalls also work for the design kit, the thread is already renamed and reassigned.
Page 1 of 4