Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: Interaction Move In to all sim ages

by pinhead Posted 13th Nov 2004 at 2:19 AM - Updated 14th Oct 2008 at 7:56 PM by Christy1077

196 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 193 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 8
Test Subject
#26 Old 15th Nov 2004 at 2:07 AM
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!
Test Subject
#27 Old 15th Nov 2004 at 4:40 AM
thanks this will come in handy,.. i've been using the SimPE which i dont really understand how to use the functions. I tried changing a townie child to a teen... it has the interaction of a teen but with a child's body. I dunno where i done it wrong.. hehe
Test Subject
#28 Old 15th Nov 2004 at 8:31 AM
As to the above on simPE, you must put them at the age below you want, then age them into their new body, unless you want adults in a kids body, which can be fun.

Has anyone said whether or not this is working for them? I am going to test it soon...
Test Subject
#29 Old 15th Nov 2004 at 9:53 AM
This sounds brilliant, I'll test it out A.S.A.P... I haven't thought much about it before, but getting the maid or paper-girl to move in would be fun! :D
Instructor
Original Poster
#30 Old 15th Nov 2004 at 4:33 PM
smacksim - This mod works very well so far. The paper girl when i moved for my house was generated a replacement by the game. I didn't have no problem so far. But the test phase still continues. I will now try to move the clerks and see if the game also creates a replacement with no problem.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 16th Nov 2004 at 2:44 PM
Works like a charm - albeit I'm not able to change the new family member's everyday clothing... the only options displayed by the wardrobe is the default nude skin, plus an empty skin (sim's head floats in air, no skin, nothing).

Me Englisch nicht verstehen. Let's speak dance!
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Instructor
Original Poster
#32 Old 16th Nov 2004 at 2:53 PM
what kind of NPC do you get? with the newspaper girl i didn't see any problem. I change the clothes and like the adults npcs, i have a extra option (special) in my wardrobe for the newspaper cloth. Well, did you buy some clothes for change? are you using any wardrobe hack with extra options?

[ Edited 16-11-2004 06:19PM ]
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 16th Nov 2004 at 3:09 PM
The NPC I moved in was Remington, the blonde teenage clerk. At first he didn't seem to age at all (yes, I had aging on), now he ages like the normal sims in the household, don't know what caused the glitch. Anyway, I'm able to change his every other clothing option minus the everyday clothing.

Me Englisch nicht verstehen. Let's speak dance!
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Instructor
Original Poster
#34 Old 16th Nov 2004 at 3:13 PM
i will see this! thanks for the info!
Test Subject
#35 Old 16th Nov 2004 at 4:41 PM
Thank you so much for this one!! I am using it like crazy!
Instructor
Original Poster
#36 Old 16th Nov 2004 at 6:07 PM
Ok! I made the test with clerks. Nothing wrong and the game generate other 2 clerks when i went to a community lot.

bruno - To change the clerks outfit and the newspaper girl/boy you have to Plan Outfit first (my game is in Portuguese so i guess this is the name for the menu in English). So, if you go only to Casual in Change Outfit menu they will change to the same outfit they have.

i have a little screenshot to you see:

[img]e107_files/public/4807_planoutfit.jpg[/img]
<span class='smalltext'>[ 4807_planoutfit.jpg ][/i]

They had aged normally for me. I don't know what was wrong with your game.

[ Edited 16-11-2004 06:28PM ]
#37 Old 19th Nov 2004 at 3:24 AM
it wont download for me. Says it can't find it or something like that.
Test Subject
#38 Old 19th Nov 2004 at 8:16 AM
I would say that is one of the essential mods. Now Dora is with his teen clerk in household. Great Job! (Valeu, amigo , cabeça de alfinete! - pra não ficar com a gíria)
Test Subject
#39 Old 19th Nov 2004 at 9:46 AM
Great, thanks so much!
Since it requires a good relation, does it work for kids inviting other kids? So they could invite their best friend to live with their family, instead of needing an adult in the family first to get a good relation too with the kid that should be invited to move in?
Test Subject
#40 Old 19th Nov 2004 at 1:54 PM
Warning...to all you who's teenager has fallen in love with Orlando Centrowski. He grows up ugly. LOL!
Instructor
Original Poster
#41 Old 19th Nov 2004 at 8:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grx915
Great, thanks so much!
Since it requires a good relation, does it work for kids inviting other kids? So they could invite their best friend to live with their family, instead of needing an adult in the family first to get a good relation too with the kid that should be invited to move in?

yes! kids and teens can ask their friends to move in.
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 20th Nov 2004 at 2:02 AM
It doesn't work for adults inviting kids to move in. The option is there, but you get a really stupid error saying "What are you trying to do here?! You can't leave children alone in a house!" (or something like that... not an exact quote). I was attempting to move kids out of their mom's house and into their dad's house.

However, it works perfectly for other age groups, like teen inviting teen, kids inviting kids, etc.

Thanks!

geocities.com/saramkirk
Merge Pleasantview, Strangetown, Veronaville. Keep terrains/deco, houses, relationships!
Instructor
Original Poster
#43 Old 20th Nov 2004 at 3:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by saramkirk
It doesn't work for adults inviting kids to move in. The option is there, but you get a really stupid error saying "What are you trying to do here?! You can't leave children alone in a house!" (or something like that... not an exact quote). I was attempting to move kids out of their mom's house and into their dad's house.

However, it works perfectly for other age groups, like teen inviting teen, kids inviting kids, etc.

Thanks!

You have the option to get the others members of the kid's house? You tried to move in others sims with this kid? maybe you get this error because you're leaving only kids in the house. I did not change anything about this. The kids can't live alone in a house. Sorry.
Well, i will have to check this out to see why you get this error. Thanks for your info.
[ Edited 20-11-2004 03:25AM ]
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 20th Nov 2004 at 4:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pinhead
You have the option to get the others members of the kid's house? You tried to move in others sims with this kid? maybe you get this error because you're leaving only kids in the house. I did not change anything about this. The kids can't live alone in a house. Sorry.
Well, i will have to check this out to see why you get this error. Thanks for your info.

The mom is still left in the house with the other kids, so they are not being left alone.

I have even tried moving all the kids in at the same time, so that no kids are left in the house with the mom.

The only way to move the kids in is to invite the mom to move in with the dad, and have her bring all the kids. The dad can't invite the kids to move in.

Maybe it's just this family. I will try with another family and let you know if an adult can move a child in.

geocities.com/saramkirk
Merge Pleasantview, Strangetown, Veronaville. Keep terrains/deco, houses, relationships!
Instructor
Original Poster
#45 Old 20th Nov 2004 at 5:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by saramkirk
The only way to move the kids in is to invite the mom to move in with the dad, and have her bring all the kids. The dad can't invite the kids to move in.

Ok! This is strange. Since my first attempts i could move kids to my house. But used Teen to invite them. Anyway i will look at this more carefully. Thanks!
[ Edited 20-11-2004 05:08AM ]
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 20th Nov 2004 at 5:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pinhead
Ok! This is strange. Since my first attempts i could move kids to my house. But used Teen to invite them. Anyway i will look at this more carefully. Thanks!

Never mind. I think this is an incompatibility with another hack.

I removed all other hacks, and now my adults can invite children to move in.

I will try to figure out which hack is doing this.
[ Edited 20-11-2004 06:08AM ]

geocities.com/saramkirk
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 20th Nov 2004 at 1:42 PM
Seems to work ok for me so far. Thankyou.
I got Meadow Thayner to move in and then I aged her with wintermuteai1's cube. She seems pretty normal!
Thankyou for this cool hack.
Test Subject
#48 Old 20th Nov 2004 at 3:17 PM
i did exactly the same thing Shnorlick. She's now married to my sim Owen

Damn Sims 3...Im addicted all over again!
Instructor
Original Poster
#49 Old 20th Nov 2004 at 3:55 PM
I'm very happy that it is working for all. But I am worried about the problem found by saramkirk. I don't have many hacks in my game. Although that i'm not having much time to play in the last days, I will wait to know which hack can cause this issue and i will try to see if this could be fixed.
saramkirk - You could see which hack is causing this for me? Any help would be greatly appreciated
Field Researcher
#50 Old 20th Nov 2004 at 5:37 PM
I tried this once so far...my computer crashed before I remembered to save anything and haven't tried it since (No I don't think your hack did it!) It worked fine, except it gave me the option of moving in her 3 family members with her...this is a girl my teen was trying to score with...Once I had her in the house and could access her abilities and stuff I wasn't sure I wanted to keep her! *laugh* d- grades and absolutely no skill points...*blah* She was kinda a gothic style character not sure if maxis is trying to say something about that or not! *laugh* I am teasing!! Good job so far!
Page 2 of 8