Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Apr 2011 at 12:40 AM
Random Question for Sims 3 Store: If you get all games right when they come out will you get 1000 simpoints?
'Cause I remember I got WA and base game right when they came out and i got the sim points but I didnt get AM and LN when they first came out, and I got no poins for then, or is it just the first ep and base game? 'Cause I was hoping that since I was gonna get Generations when it first comes out, and it would be a cool bonus for those simpoints because thats the only way I ever get them

Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling.
Advertisement
transmogrified
retired moderator
#2 Old 19th Apr 2011 at 12:47 AM
No, the registration "gift" for Ambitions and LN was downloadable content, not points. As far as I know, neither the points (for TS3 and WA) nor the downloads are a preorder bonus.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Apr 2011 at 12:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mangaroo
No, the registration "gift" for Ambitions and LN was downloadable content, not points. As far as I know, neither the points (for TS3 and WA) nor the downloads are a preorder bonus.

Ohhh.... but will Generations come with points or downloadable content? I mean, what is the highest probability? I hope points

Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling.
transmogrified
retired moderator
#4 Old 19th Apr 2011 at 1:03 AM
I don't work for EA, so I can't answer that question. Given that the first two games came with points and the second two did not, I could make an educated guess about EA's policies.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Apr 2011 at 2:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mangaroo
I don't work for EA, so I can't answer that question. Given that the first two games came with points and the second two did not, I could make an educated guess about EA's policies.

It's ok, I didnt think you worked for EA, I just thought you were an expert and probably could give a good guess... lol u dont have to though...

Mad Poster
#6 Old 19th Apr 2011 at 2:30 AM
I'm willing to wager around 10 dollars that Generations won't come with simpoints. And the reasoning behind my bet is that EA gave away the simpoints in the beginning to get people to visit the Store and get them hooked on shopping there. But since then they've become very stingy.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 19th Apr 2011 at 11:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoseCity
I'm willing to wager around 10 dollars that Generations won't come with simpoints. And the reasoning behind my bet is that EA gave away the simpoints in the beginning to get people to visit the Store and get them hooked on shopping there. But since then they've become very stingy.

besides this, i never even liked the content in the store. its user created content that i have to pay for. why would i do that when i can get better CC for free from here?

I'm cooler than cool! I'm stupid!
Forum Resident
#8 Old 20th Apr 2011 at 2:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rcranger9
besides this, i never even liked the content in the store. its user created content that i have to pay for.

Uh, by definition, it is not "user created." It's official content the same as what you'd get out of a stuff pack. (Well...more or less. Not getting into the nuances of store content here.)
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 20th Apr 2011 at 5:41 AM
By reading this post, it reminds me that I might have missed out some free downloads by EP registrations or whatnot. EA store isn't exactly to navigate: try searching for the Prius (complimentary download from Toyota), but you will find none under transportation. I ended up searching through google for a link, instead of within EA Store. So I wonder is there a way I can check for freebies I might have missed?

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
transmogrified
retired moderator
#10 Old 20th Apr 2011 at 6:20 AM
There's a sticky post of freebie links at the top of the forum.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 20th Apr 2011 at 11:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tomomi1922
By reading this post, it reminds me that I might have missed out some free downloads by EP registrations or whatnot. EA store isn't exactly to navigate: try searching for the Prius (complimentary download from Toyota), but you will find none under transportation. I ended up searching through google for a link, instead of within EA Store. So I wonder is there a way I can check for freebies I might have missed?

There's a thread on the Sims3 Forums about free stuff at the store.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/301961.page
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 20th Apr 2011 at 2:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by crocobaura
There's a thread on the Sims3 Forums about free stuff at the store.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/301961.page

oh thanks so much. Btw, I feel TS3 website is very slow (not in loading speed, but in scrolling speed) like it is entirely running of Flash or has tons of Flash objects on it. Weird.

I just notice, the original TS3 games, upon registered, give you 1000 or 2000 points to spend freely. I still have 1250 points unspent and I know myself that I would never consider paying cash for items on TS3 store. Some are good, but all of them are too expensive, I would rather spend on Stuff pack first (which bought my first stuff back Fast Lane today, in all of my TS2 and TS3 history).

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 12:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoseCity

Ya, your probably right..... *sigh* but the thing that i wanted from the store really was just some deacent(i dont know if i spelt that right:P) hair with a veil for weddings, for like generations has real weddings, but i <3 CC, does anybody know where I can get like a veil accessory or some nice cc hair with a veil? thanks, i probably should post this is WCIF though... too lazy, lol but I might try posting there is no one helps me... p.s. I'm sad about the JCP Teen Set its no longer available all i wanted was the sundresss*whines*.....

Inventor
#14 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 11:27 AM
With Sims 2 the Store points just bought you stuff you got anyway when the expansions came out. I understand that is not the same with Sims 3. I will say that the Vaindenburger set was well worth the free points I paid for it, cause I use the stuff in almost every house.
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 12:34 PM
I can't even redeem the gift that came with ambitions. I just get site don't exist and I have ever since launch.

GJ EA!

Generations will probably have a gift too (pre-order one) but not simpoints.

Quote: Originally posted by ~lilly~
Ya, your probably right..... *sigh* but the thing that i wanted from the store really was just some deacent(i dont know if i spelt that right:P) hair with a veil for weddings, for like generations has real weddings, but i <3 CC, does anybody know where I can get like a veil accessory or some nice cc hair with a veil? thanks, i probably should post this is WCIF though... too lazy, lol but I might try posting there is no one helps me..

I would wait for Generations. As there seems to be some more wedding things there maybe we get more wedding themed stuff too

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 22nd Apr 2011 at 2:31 AM
SIMPOINTS? You must be on crack They'll probably give us a different waterslide (new mesh) and maybe a few outfits for CAS, just like the job reward whatever that came with Ambitions.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 22nd Apr 2011 at 4:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kaospilot
I can't even redeem the gift that came with ambitions. I just get site don't exist and I have ever since launch.

GJ EA!

Generations will probably have a gift too (pre-order one) but not simpoints.

I would wait for Generations. As there seems to be some more wedding things there maybe we get more wedding themed stuff too

Thanks, your probably right, I'll just wait and see , ah the suspense is killing me for this ep!!!

"SIMPOINTS? You must be on crack They'll probably give us a different waterslide (new mesh) and maybe a few outfits for CAS, just like the job reward whatever that came with Ambitions."
Uh, thanks for the joke, although that would be stupid and illegal of me, cause im only thirteen, but ya theyre probably give a registration reward, now I'm over wanting simpoints, nothing that I want now unless genreatiosn doesnt come with any wedding hairstyles.... ok im done guess somebody can close this post if this gives them joy, lol jk....

Inventor
#18 Old 22nd Apr 2011 at 12:32 PM
I had to call EA to get my licensing straightened out. The time they fixed it with Sims 2 all my stuff said sample at the top for about 5 minutes and then it redrew. With Sims 3 I had to tie both my accounts together, but EA still doesnt see my Late Night as mine, Maxis does and I have to register with both pages. I got the Late Night gift because Maxis saw it, but I have emailed EA several times.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 22nd Apr 2011 at 9:34 PM
What? Illegal? what you talkin' 'bout girl? I didn't literally mean, you know, that illegal thing you thought I said. I meant crack as if your crazy! Gawd, never mention "that illegal thing" again, it's against the rules you little naughty
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 24th Apr 2011 at 2:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JackJess
What? Illegal? what you talkin' 'bout girl? I didn't literally mean, you know, that illegal thing you thought I said. I meant crack as if your crazy! Gawd, never mention "that illegal thing" again, it's against the rules you little naughty

I knew u werent serious, and ew! im not stupid, thats um nice....*barfs* wow.... anyway what i meant was your post really didnt help me and the joke really wasnt that funny cause i dont know ea and if theyre greedy or not! Geez.... cause no body really knows for sure and btw the way u wrote that stuff up there make u sound like a dirty person... gross.... but now i want cc hairs with veils or veils as an accessory!! >.< I wish someone would tell me on here so i dont have to start a WCIF thread.. but I also have to wait for Generations!!! I dont want to wait *pity cry* ..... ugh...

Mad Poster
#21 Old 24th Apr 2011 at 2:25 AM
You'll have to start a new thread over in WCIF! That's what that section is for.

And JackJess was referring to the fact that EA don't like to give too much away for free with the 'crack' joke. Y'know, joking that you must be mad to think EA would give away virtual money (which is essentially what SimPoints are) when they like to milk customers for all they're worth. It was just a joke. Doesn't sound dirty to me!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 24th Apr 2011 at 3:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by el_flel
You'll have to start a new thread over in WCIF! That's what that section is for.

And JackJess was referring to the fact that EA don't like to give too much away for free with the 'crack' joke. Y'know, joking that you must be mad to think EA would give away virtual money (which is essentially what SimPoints are) when they like to milk customers for all they're worth. It was just a joke. Doesn't sound dirty to me!

When I said 'what you wrote sounded dirty' I wasnt preferring to the crack joke but what he/she said after that but lol i was just exaggerating, lol "drama queen moment" but yes, but after generations!!! Because that will determine if I need some or not, but thanks for the help! lol sorry 'bout the mix-up!