Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Feb 2021 at 6:45 PM Last edited by Train_guy : 17th Feb 2021 at 8:53 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Wall hangings won't place next on wall next to basement stairs hole? HELP!!!
The Problem that I have with certain CC wall objects is that they won't let me place them on the wall next to the open hole of a set of basement stairs, and I tried everything, from placing the objects first and placing the basement stairs in the basement (which was built using the basement tool) second but ended up with that old "Stairs can't intersect other objects" routine, to placing the stairs first and placing the objects second but the objects stop half a tile on the hole at both ends of the hole for the basement stairs, ALL theories of which with the "moveObjects" cheat set to on, and NOTHING has worked!!!

PLEASE HELP!?!?
Advertisement
Scholar
#3 Old 17th Feb 2021 at 10:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Train_guy
The Problem that I have with certain CC wall objects is that they won't let me place them on the wall next to the open hole of a set of basement stairs, and I tried everything, from placing the objects first and placing the basement stairs in the basement (which was built using the basement tool) second but ended up with that old "Stairs can't intersect other objects" routine, to placing the stairs first and placing the objects second but the objects stop half a tile on the hole at both ends of the hole for the basement stairs, ALL theories of which with the "moveObjects" cheat set to on, and NOTHING has worked!!!

PLEASE HELP!?!?

There might not be any help for this, as Sims 3 stairs are really awful about this subject. If it's only CC objects, then my guess is that the creator made mistakes in the process of creating them: perhaps they used a cloned floor object for a base, and just chose the flags allowing them to be put on a wall, leaving the floor footprint: or maybe some other error.

Me, I'd revisit my decorating plans, because to me no decoration is worth this kind of headache.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 18th Feb 2021 at 2:42 AM
Yes, pictures please as well as a picture of the wall object. I've had some wall art from obscure creators not work very well. I tend to uninstall them. Just not worth the headaches.
Alchemist
#5 Old 18th Feb 2021 at 12:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KatyFernlily
Yes, pictures please as well as a picture of the wall object. I've had some wall art from obscure creators not work very well. I tend to uninstall them. Just not worth the headaches.

I agree with this because about the "moveobjects on" cheat being unusable in these situations... I use it constantly - and always have - to place either wall lights or paintings on a wall above the hole of any kind of stairs, without ever having a single problem.