Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#1551 Old 2nd Feb 2021 at 2:31 PM
Any ideas how to populate it?
Screenshots

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#1552 Old 2nd Feb 2021 at 4:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ScaryRob
Speaking of roofs, here's another idea, entirely doable for TS2...
Kind of a fast-food restaurant style. Kind of rare to see this IRL on a residence - even rarer with Sims houses.

LOL - I call those roofs 'dentist office' roofs. But yeah, fast food clearly works too
It goes against every grain of sense I have to put that on a house! But, I've seen it done - have a few in my RL neighborhood, in fact. ...clearly from the 70's!

I did this one yesterday:

Floor plans are here: https://www.coolhouseplans.com/house-plan-81914
I'm hoping to get it photoed today...

But, I'm also working with the Grid-Adjuster on a suburban ranch (80's era) with garage and a walk-out basement lower level. I want to give it a 2-click foundation - but with the garage, it will give me trouble, I know!

@Floraflora2 - Interesting thoughts on that modern I posted! It *is* a "new" floor plan, but who knows where the architect's inspiration came from? The Din - Kitch distance didn't bother me one bit (I tend to prefer more formal dining rooms IRL) And I completely agree - the [what I call] ADU over the garage would be perfect for the live-in help

Oh - and Vic: I don't populate... I build. So, nope. Absolutely no ideas on how to populate it. LOL! But, it looks like it is coming along quite nicely, build-wise!
Screenshots

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Theorist
#1553 Old 2nd Feb 2021 at 5:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
ping to get it photoed today...

But, I'm also working with the Grid-Adjuster on a suburban ranch (80's era) with garage and a walk-out basement lower level. I want to give it a 2-click foundation - but with the garage, it will give me trouble, I know!

Oh, please share!

Oh - and Vic: I don't populate... I build. So, nope. Absolutely no ideas on how to populate it. LOL! But, it looks like it is coming along quite nicely, build-wise!

How come, Cat? o_O I see you in neighborhood builders group. I thought it means you have knowlege of building, as well as sims making and neighborhood decorating.

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Mad Poster
#1554 Old 2nd Feb 2021 at 5:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Victor_tor
...I thought it means you have knowlege of building, as well as sims making and neighborhood decorating.

Well, I have done it in the past - with the group - LOL!
And I've made a few sims to share... but, it is not my forte (making sims.)
I get too caught up in their stories - and not everyone wants to play the story as I've set it up... I tend to make everything into a who-dun-it mystery

So, when I make hoods - I usually leave them UNpopluated. My 1920's hood is completely unpopulated. (I can't even test my lots without making a copy of the hood.)

and Vintage Stuffeths
Theorist
#1555 Old 2nd Feb 2021 at 7:10 PM
U made a story with couple and Balin I am so upset to discover that you are not experienced in sims making. Maybe anyone else has ideas. I was started thread for this neighborhood here: https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=652170. If you has any ideas, please welcome.

Guess that was bad idea to make neighborhood for Sims 2. But I will finish it anyways. Even if nobody could help me.

Mad Poster
#1556 Old 2nd Feb 2021 at 11:06 PM
I did it! WooHoo! Took me ALL day, but i got the G-A to cooperate
Screenshots

and Vintage Stuffeths
Mad Poster
#1557 Old 3rd Feb 2021 at 3:45 AM
Sorry to double post - but... *Excited!*
I learned a bit more about the Grid-Adjuster today - and proved it to myself after dinner tonight.
I've had this one on my to-do list forEVER but couldn't figure out how to do the garage until today. Yay! .
Screenshots

and Vintage Stuffeths
Forum Resident
#1558 Old 5th Feb 2021 at 2:46 AM
I usually start off with a simple floor plan as such

sketch it out on graph paper
Sometimes I keep to the plan if i want it to be as historically accurate as possible or i just go with the flow
Screenshots

C.T.HOLKO88
Theorist
#1559 Old 6th Feb 2021 at 10:58 AM
After all sims 3 pics I see that Sims 3 is still my favourite. So Sims 2 is just second. I was drawn to Sims 2 by Catherine's words about test myself. But I decided to finish my current neighborhood project https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=652170, even it's too hard, and freeze the second one:
https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=651282 I guess that whoud be freezed forever due to those fact I just failed to start it right way. And this neighborhood was marked as corrupted since there.

Mad Poster
#1560 Old 6th Feb 2021 at 4:11 PM
I guess that whoud be freezed forever due to those fact I just failed to start it right way. And this neighborhood was marked as corrupted since there.

Wow - Trio Lake looks spectacular! I hadn't seen that one before. Nice ideas there
You prolly just need to take a nice break from TS2 hood creating.
Later - you can save/recreate the hood's terrain. Clean the buildings easily with Chris Hatch's Lot Cleaner and move them over to your newly recreated terrain. Do not add sims until everything is in place. Maybe upload it as an empty hood?

and Vintage Stuffeths
Forum Resident
#1561 Old 7th Feb 2021 at 3:08 PM
I love working with real floor plans sometimes i stick to them others a veer off a bit like i did with this one
https://www.dreamhomesource.com/pla...garage-sp103519

C.T.HOLKO88
Theorist
#1562 Old 10th Feb 2021 at 2:16 AM
Sorry to double post - but... *Excited!*
I learned a bit more about the Grid-Adjuster today - and proved it to myself after dinner tonight.
I've had this one on my to-do list forEVER but couldn't figure out how to do the garage until today. Yay! .

That picture made me wonder.
We know that placing a Lot will always level out the street in front of the Lot. But if it's placed on a corner, a hillside slope along one side will remain. I don't wee why the sloped side could not be used as the actual front of a house, using Mootilda's and HugeLunatic's mods for functional sideways driveways and garage doors:

Or, a person could just bring the garage in from the front of the house, off the level street.
I might try something like this sometime.
Mad Poster
#1563 Old 10th Feb 2021 at 2:52 AM
...But if it's placed on a corner, a hillside slope along one side will remain. I don't wee why the sloped side could not be used as the actual front of a house...

Ooooh! Good thought - I'm not building it again though... Maybe next time, on the next lot?
The problem with that would be that you can't "pave" the swale/verge of the driveway - and, of course, you will not have the driving animations...
I've turned a lot of houses sideways in my 'career' - but never thought of it with this one. Thanks! ...and great idea .

and Vintage Stuffeths
Theorist
#1564 Old 10th Feb 2021 at 9:52 AM
Wow - Trio Lake looks spectacular! I hadn't seen that one before. Nice ideas there
You prolly just need to take a nice break from TS2 hood creating.
Later - you can save/recreate the hood's terrain. Clean the buildings easily with Chris Hatch's Lot Cleaner and move them over to your newly recreated terrain. Do not add sims until everything is in place. Maybe upload it as an empty hood?

I am bad as neighborhood builder. I really feel myself like this. But if anyone cares, sure I can share it unpopulated somewhere in future with all appropriate links to creators' houses I used there.
But I won't share it now because I have one miserable issue. That's based on facts from Victorian times. I was placed there a gas station. I still think that's not good so much cause there was no fuel there and most vehicles were moved by steam or cerosene. I need to know more about mights were used for vehicles that time. To make it more... Victorian suitable.

Theorist
#1565 Old 10th Feb 2021 at 3:58 PM
The problem with that would be that you can't "pave" the swale/verge of the driveway

Don't know what you mean by "swale/verge".
Theorist
#1566 Old 10th Feb 2021 at 6:04 PM
@CatherineTCJD I like your Florida set of houses. I currently making neighborhood that's based on Georgia. I am actually not from there, I am living in nothern half of our planet, so I really don't know how houses do look like there. I placed there two houses from Lot bin, but maybe you could help me to improve this hood. Are you live in southern states? Would you show resources where to see the info about mansions of Georgia, Florida or any southern US? If I'll make houses according to my country, that will be just unappropriate, if I'll let lot bin houses stay, my neighborhood could look much poor, then it could be.
I need two houses for 3x4 lots with least side to road. Somethin with driveways or garages for one or two vehicles.
Regards Vic ^_^

Mad Poster
#1567 Old 10th Feb 2021 at 7:30 PM
@ScaryRob  - By "swale/verge" I mean that part between where the driveway meets the road. It drives me nuts, when that isn't paved like the driveway. That's why, a lot of the times, when I do a sideways drive/garage, I actually plant the house sideways, not the garage. Like in this one from my Dramatic Contemporary. Otherwise you get this mess from my Bohemian Bungalow lot bin remake - which I didn't rebuild from scratch or I would've fixed it.

@Victor_tor - Some very popular Southern USA builders are: https://southernheritagehomes.com, https://www.adamshomes.com, https://www.tollbrothers.com, https://www.kbhome.com, and https://www.lennar.com - just to name a few... Now, these are "New Home" builders. I'm not sure that is what you want?

Now Georgia, which is one of the original 13 colonies in the USA, has a lot of colonial style homes too ...and gargantuan plantation houses along the riverways - like what you'd find in Natchez, Miss. the "Antebellum Capital of the World". I think your best bet is to spend some time researching the area you're interested in. Google maps/street view can be your guide. Have fun!

and Vintage Stuffeths
Theorist
#1568 Old 10th Feb 2021 at 9:12 PM
@ScaryRob  - By "swale/verge" I mean that part between where the driveway meets the road. It drives me nuts, when that isn't paved like the driveway. That's why, a lot of the times, when I do a sideways drive/garage, I actually plant the house sideways, not the garage. Like in this one from my Dramatic Contemporary. Otherwise you get this mess from my Bohemian Bungalow lot bin remake - which I didn't rebuild from scratch or I would've fixed it.

It's always been my understanding that flooring placed on the squares between the street and the sidewalk do not "stick" with the Lot if the Lot is moved. Players have always needed to replace them manually after moving a Lot. From my Lot maker's perspective, this isn't a problem.
Mad Poster
#1569 Old 10th Feb 2021 at 9:39 PM Last edited by CatherineTCJD : 10th Feb 2021 at 10:09 PM.
It's always been my understanding that flooring placed on the squares between the street and the sidewalk do not "stick" with the Lot if the Lot is moved. Players have always needed to replace them manually after moving a Lot. From my Lot maker's perspective, this isn't a problem.

Yes... but, in this situation, it is impossible for anyone to put flooring down on those tiles.

As for the bar in the Alexandria house - it works fine! It's the KB Romantic Bar.
Screenshots

and Vintage Stuffeths
Theorist
#1570 Old 10th Feb 2021 at 11:05 PM
@Victor_tor - Some very popular Southern USA builders are: https://southernheritagehomes.com, https://www.adamshomes.com, https://www.tollbrothers.com, https://www.kbhome.com, and https://www.lennar.com - just to name a few... Now, these are "New Home" builders. I'm not sure that is what you want?

Now Georgia, which is one of the original 13 colonies in the USA, has a lot of colonial style homes too ...and gargantuan plantation houses along the riverways - like what you'd find in Natchez, Miss. the "Antebellum Capital of the World". I think your best bet is to spend some time researching the area you're interested in. Google maps/street view can be your guide. Have fun!

Thank you for answer. Southern houses are really beautiful. Not those coloured boxes we have in north.
Guess I begin to understand wht do Sims 4 creators were inspired by New Orlean. It is so beautiful! Is that typical for Georgian houses to have such variable finishing ? Looks marvelous.

Mad Poster
#1571 Old 11th Feb 2021 at 12:05 AM
...such variable finishing? Looks marvelous.

Some - yes... it depends on the builder. That is their "style" If your not careful, it can get to be a mish-mash real quick!

and Vintage Stuffeths
Theorist
#1572 Old 11th Feb 2021 at 2:17 AM
Yes... but, in this situation, it is impossible for anyone to put flooring down on those tiles.

Ah, I didn't know that. Makes sense, since it's the side of the Lot, not the front.
I bet an actual corner Lot would work though. There's a small one in Pleasantview, I think, and Mootilda's Lot Adjuster can make them any size.
Hmm, on second thought, an actual corner Lot would probably level out both streets.
Oh, well.
Theorist
#1573 Old 11th Feb 2021 at 10:07 AM
Some - yes... it depends on the builder. That is their "style" If your not careful, it can get to be a mish-mash real quick!

Oh. You are right! If I'll not careful, it can get to be a mish-mash. So I'll not do that
I need just two simple houses. As simple as even possible to create with Mansion and Garden stuff. With no awnings, with no relief, with NO CC used, and with no foundation cause I won't be able to attatch it to master's house.
adamshomes is not open for me. I guess caused by country restrictions. But I'll try to look through other links. I hope to find anything suitable.
Regards Vic ^_^

Theorist
#1574 Old 14th Feb 2021 at 4:58 AM Last edited by ScaryRob : 14th Feb 2021 at 5:18 AM.
Sometimes, the things people do with Lots are inadvertently funny.
Here's a new upload for TS2 that has a curious choice for bathroom fixtures: https://modthesims.info/d/652468/po...ject-no-cc.html
From a realism perspective, there would never be more than 1 person using this bathroom. So why three sinks?
It reminds me of this picture:

I remember a couple of years ago someone uploaded a restaurant Lot that had a funny bathroom arrangement, like 2 toilets in the same room or something, lmao.

I almost landed in a similar conundrum once when I was making a Lot. It called for public restrooms and at first I was going to have a Ladies and a Gentlesim's room, but then decided to go with just one unisex bathroom. It took a few minutes of messing around with the toilet stalls before I realized that if it's a unisex bathroom there better never be more than 1 person/Sim using it.
Mad Poster
#1575 Old 14th Feb 2021 at 5:37 AM
I used to subscribe to Preservation Magazine (is it still in circulation?)
Anyway - it was a magazine about preserving architecture around the world, but primarily in the USA.
I'm reminded of it by your comment, Rob... they always had a "Yikes!" feature
That's a whole lotta sinks goin' on up there!

and Vintage Stuffeths

Page 63 of 98