Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Feb 2021 at 1:17 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Origin has removed the Sims2 :'(
I just learned the Origin has removed the Sims2 (after trying to load the game for two days after the last Origin update).

I no longer have the discs. My computer doesn't even use discs.

I don't expect there is a work around on this issue but am asking anyway before I delete content.

Very upset - Unemployed due to Covid and don't really have funds to by Sims4 (very expensive games). I had Sims2 Ultimate. Also - if they removed Sims 2 what is to stop them from removing the Sims4?

Thoughts?
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 20th Feb 2021 at 2:18 PM
Hi, it shows up for me on my Origin account (although I have the discs installed). I sent you a private message, maybe you could contact Origin help also.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Feb 2021 at 3:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Hi, it shows up for me on my Origin account (although I have the discs installed). I sent you a private message, maybe you could contact Origin help also.

Hi - yes, it shows up for me on my account. It also offers to have Origin launch it but it goes no further than "play" (screen disappears as if to load) then the same "play" screen comes back. I have read on EA and watched a youtube - they have pulled it from Origin. It worked yesterday morning. When I went on last night I had to run an Origin update and after that update the above happens.

No "public" warning, message, email from either Origin or EA Games. It certainly makes me consider their business practices and untrustworthy behavior. It's "funny" if Origin is down you can play on your computer so why can't they just set the game that way for those of us who don't want or need their customer support? They did not assist me in getting the game running on my new computer - that's the last place I would expect to help.

Rambling . . . - replied to your message. Thank you
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 20th Feb 2021 at 5:45 PM
Maybe it's a glitch with the Origin servers? I would try again tomorrow in case that's what it is. Maybe any others who are having issues with Origin could post here.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 22nd Feb 2021 at 4:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by momshavinfun
Hi - yes, it shows up for me on my account. It also offers to have Origin launch it but it goes no further than "play" (screen disappears as if to load) then the same "play" screen comes back. I have read on EA and watched a youtube - they have pulled it from Origin. It worked yesterday morning. When I went on last night I had to run an Origin update and after that update the above happens.

No "public" warning, message, email from either Origin or EA Games. It certainly makes me consider their business practices and untrustworthy behavior. It's "funny" if Origin is down you can play on your computer so why can't they just set the game that way for those of us who don't want or need their customer support? They did not assist me in getting the game running on my new computer - that's the last place I would expect to help.

Rambling . . . - replied to your message. Thank you

If it goes back to the Origin screen... have you tried deleting groups.cache and accessory.cache in Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\?
Forum Resident
#6 Old 22nd Feb 2021 at 7:26 PM
Try the RPC program here: https://modthesims.info/d/648220/si...borderless.html
Aside from some other great improvements, it also doesn't require Origin to run.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 5th Mar 2021 at 12:29 AM
More advice here (shhh!): https://www.reddit.com/r/sims2help/
Test Subject
#8 Old 23rd Jan 2023 at 6:08 PM
I have contacted EA multiple times and they say that they don't have Sims 2 anymore on Origin... But that must be a lie, because other has it? Is it only available to some people/countries? I'm so confused!
Mad Poster
#9 Old 23rd Jan 2023 at 6:17 PM
The EA app is taking over from Origin. There has been some issues with the Store version being up there instead of the proper UC non-Store version, but I think that was recently fixed? Anyway, here's the link:

https://www.ea.com/ea-app

If you still have your Origin game installed, you can continue using that version if you detach it by using a no-CD patch (the "George" patch is fine). You really only need your game to be connected to Origin/EAapp when installing or fixing it.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#10 Old 23rd Jan 2023 at 6:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Suryhi
I have contacted EA multiple times and they say that they don't have Sims 2 anymore on Origin... But that must be a lie, because other has it? Is it only available to some people/countries? I'm so confused!

They will no longer give it away, the time for that has come and gone. But for those who redeemed the UC during the giveaway still have it and it's still on Origin as well as the new EA app.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#11 Old 23rd Jan 2023 at 6:30 PM
There's some helpful info on the new EA app and the UC here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/sims2help/comments/10bc4ij