Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: Harder Grades - Version 2.12 (Updated 3/8/2007)

by syberspunk Posted 17th Feb 2006 at 10:55 PM - Updated 14th Mar 2007 at 1:17 AM by syberspunk : updated for seasons

37 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 35 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 2
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#26 Old 18th Feb 2007 at 6:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TOV
I am having a problem with your hack. I have downloaded this mod twice now, and both times I my sims will not get on the school bus, no matter what I do. When I uninstal this mod, the problem resolves.

Can you try turning on debug mode, see if you get an error log, and if so, post it here so I can take a look at it.

I see that you only have the base game. You should also scan your hacks to see if you have any other potential hacks that might conflict with this one.

Ste
Test Subject
#27 Old 19th Oct 2008 at 3:58 PM
Does this work with AL?
Field Researcher
#28 Old 24th Oct 2008 at 6:18 PM Last edited by DemonOfSarila : 24th Nov 2008 at 1:13 PM. Reason: updating
Ok... it looks great and fun and stuff...

I'm going to try downloading the 'hardergrades.zip' file and see if it works with up to FT / cel stuff, and the proper inteen/insim hacks. Anyway, thanks for keeping that one up, because i'm guessing it's the one that uses only the logic... their aren't any 'dumb jocks' in my hoods, and if they were i wouldn't want them getting through school by playing football xp . Anyway... we'll see if things implode....

Oh, and I has a question - what's the difference between hardergrades.zip and harderhardergrades.zip? just wondering.... I mean I'm guessing it's even harder, I'm just wonder just how it's made to be even harder.
----------------------
No problems so far (some sims' grades took a small dip at first, but that's expected).
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 7th Dec 2008 at 9:22 PM
I love it
I use AL EP and it works nice. Just the sim option "go to school" when they miss the bus dont work. they just dont do it. But maybe thats not because of THIS mod

Really nice

Ich bin bereit, meinem Schöpfer gegenüberzutreten.
Ob mein Schöpfer ebenso bereit ist,
diese Begegnung über sich ergehen zu lassen,
ist eine andere Sache.
Top Secret Researcher
#30 Old 8th Jan 2012 at 2:40 PM
Could you possibly make the opposite? Maybe even an object or something you could place and the kids would study at home instead of going to the school?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#31 Old 23rd Jan 2012 at 10:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick
Could you possibly make the opposite? Maybe even an object or something you could place and the kids would study at home instead of going to the school?

That's already available on Simlogical. http://drealm.info/simlogical/sl/Si...ims2_School.htm It takes a bit of time to work it all out as there are a number of different options included, but it's a lot of fun.
Field Researcher
#32 Old 9th Apr 2013 at 2:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by K-C
I love it
I use AL EP and it works nice. Just the sim option "go to school" when they miss the bus dont work. they just dont do it. But maybe thats not because of THIS mod

Really nice

It is because of this hack. I removed it and then my child was able to walk to school.
Theorist
THANKS POST
#33 Old 31st Aug 2013 at 1:06 AM
Is it still not fixed? I've got AL+M&G and use harder grades 2.0, my children and teens can't walk to school.
Field Researcher
#34 Old 2nd Sep 2013 at 7:47 PM
I looked at the updated versions katalina522 mentioned on the forums - the ones at MATY - and the readmes say the 2.0 and harderharder grades there are AL compatible. If you're still having an issue with one of those it might be M&G causing the problem.

Myalgic Encephalomyelitis is a severely disabling neurological, cardiac and metabolic disease.
The Hummingbirds' Foundation for M.E. is fighting for patients to be given recognition and appropriate medical care.
Please visit hfme.org for more information.
Theorist
#35 Old 3rd Sep 2013 at 10:22 AM
Rielynn71, I installed the latest version from MATY and now in addition adults can't walk to work. I guess you're right, it's M&G. Silly me, syberspunk hasn't been on MTS for two years, but I wonder if I could ask for an update at MATY. But I think I have to test it first, to determine 100% that it's the fault of this hack alone. Even though people above said so, they didn't say whether they fully tested it.
Field Researcher
#36 Old 4th Sep 2013 at 12:18 PM
Oh dear, that's not good. I'd test it myself with AL and no M&G (don't have it anyway) but I'm just beginning to reinstall on my new PC and it's probably going to take several weeks to get all the EPs in. If you don't have any answers by then I'll test it and post my results.

Myalgic Encephalomyelitis is a severely disabling neurological, cardiac and metabolic disease.
The Hummingbirds' Foundation for M.E. is fighting for patients to be given recognition and appropriate medical care.
Please visit hfme.org for more information.
Theorist
#37 Old 20th Sep 2013 at 1:31 AM
I tested further and it turned out that something was causing the conflict. Right now everything works ideally. Except that I can't use harder harder grades with my custom slow skilling hack, as it becomes impossible for sim children to get an A with such slow skilling. They waver between C- and D. I don't think sim schools should be that hard...

According to the MATY link, harder grades got an update for AL since version 2.14, the one that is already harder harder grades. So my guess is all versions below will introduce a bug.
Theorist
#38 Old 23rd Sep 2013 at 4:27 AM
Ok I have tried the version 2.0 from MATY. Strangely, it doesn't work the same way.

Previously I had no trouble with children getting an A+ as long as they complete homework and go to school in platinum mood (teens were a different matter, they required skilling). MATY's version makes it impossible, my sim child has C and that's it!

I tried making him skill up all four basic skills and that didn't help at all. I looked into interests and his primary interest is entertainment = charisma, well, he does have points in charisma and still a C. I'm at a loss how the MATY version works.
Page 2 of 2