Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#51 Old 15th Sep 2008 at 3:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LostSaggatarius
Oh Man! I just made a legacy and mine is dumb! Oh Man! Do you have to have a dog or cat?

You don't have to have any pets. If you take on the challenge to have a breed then you do need a pet, but if you're not playing for the legacy breed points, then you don't have to have any pets at all.

My newest downloads are on Simified.
Older downloads and stuff that didn't get transferred to Simified are on my Livejournal.
Say NO to ugly square shadows in TS3! Grab the fix today!
Advertisement
#52 Old 20th Sep 2008 at 7:10 AM
I have a question for some legacy writers, . . . :smash:
haha. So,

When you publish your legacies and whatnot, who prefers using livejournal and who prefers having a whole freewebs site.
Most of the legacies I have read have been on livejournal. I really want opinions, pleasee - Where do you think the best place to put MY legacy would be?
Test Subject
#53 Old 20th Sep 2008 at 12:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dainaasims
I have a question for some legacy writers, . . . :smash:
haha. So,

When you publish your legacies and whatnot, who prefers using livejournal and who prefers having a whole freewebs site.
Most of the legacies I have read have been on livejournal. I really want opinions, pleasee - Where do you think the best place to put MY legacy would be?

I'm considering starting a legacy, and I'll probably use a Wordpress blog. For me it's the easiest since I already have 5 blogs on Wordpress (well, 3 technically, the other 2 are group blogs where I write, but they're not mine). I know Wordpress through and through, and I don't have to register any new accounts for it.

If you already have a Livejournal, I guess that's the best place to start. If not, look at whatever you are most familiar with.
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 16th Nov 2008 at 3:02 AM
Default how do you play the legacy challenge?
i was just wondering how do you play your legacy family to keep them all balanced?

i play my family like this: i do three days or a week in the main home then i branch out to the other family members for the same amount of time to keep the lives balanced.

what about you?
Field Researcher
#55 Old 16th Nov 2008 at 5:33 AM
Hehe, as of now (I'm very early in my legacy), all my legacy simmies are in the same large household. However, when the time comes, I'm probably going to end up ignoring the spares, unless I have a strong connection with them.

potterhead
call me bria
Test Subject
#56 Old 16th Nov 2008 at 2:10 PM
I usually do the same as you with 3 days per household. Sometimes I'll give them a couple extra if I'm waiting for a baby to be born or something. For college, I do one semester each round.

I don't get very far in my legacy challenges though so I haven't had to do many different households. I alway get bored around the time when I have a bunch of sims in college or when I have a household or two of elders.
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 16th Nov 2008 at 2:45 PM
i use the synctimer from MATY (http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/al/hacks/) It is wonderful for when you just can't get on for a long period of time, and forget which house you were playing! It keeps track of the number of days you've played.
with that, i play each house (starting with the main, then going from sim who first left all the way down to last sim that left) about 3 days, sometimes longer. but each equally.

#58 Old 4th Dec 2008 at 11:17 PM
I have a kind off weird question.

I started a new Legacy today. My founder fell in love with the Contessa. Never having played around much with NL, I let her move in with him. She then rewarded him by turning him into a vampire, too (I wasn't aware they could do that autonomously...).
The question is, should/can I keep playing this legacy or should I just trash them( I don't wanna cure them)?
I'm a little worried they'll start turning their kids.
i'm sorry if this doesn't belong here, it seemed the most appropriate place.
Scholar
#59 Old 5th Dec 2008 at 12:10 AM
If you're worried about them turning their kids, etc (which will most likely happen), I think I saw a hack at MTS2 that stops the autonomous vamp biting. Check out the global mods in their Downloads section.

Older downloads and stuff that didn't get transferred to Simified are on my Livejournal.
#60 Old 5th Dec 2008 at 12:15 AM
Thanks for that tip,I'll check it out. I'm starting to really like this family.
Scholar
#61 Old 5th Dec 2008 at 12:35 AM
I found another thread that said that the no autonomous vamp bite was by Squinge. With the current state of the InSim site, unfortunately that's inaccessible now. I checked my Squinge AL collection and it's not in there. Maybe someone can upload it for you.

There's a no turning into vamp after bite hack in this collection: http://nene.modthesims2.com/download.php?t=287983 Maybe you can use that until Squinge finds a new home.

#62 Old 5th Dec 2008 at 1:09 AM
Thanks for that link. I'll use that for now
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 13th Dec 2008 at 8:11 PM
I started a legacy two days ago and my heir just got taken by the social worker! He was so precious, too! I want him back!
#64 Old 13th Dec 2008 at 8:49 PM
I started my legacy yesterday and so far I have .5 points!
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 18th Dec 2008 at 2:41 AM
My new Legi-fam is doing well. The Kronos family, still in gen - 1, but all of the kids seem to be growing up properly this time!
#66 Old 19th Dec 2008 at 3:11 PM
Does anyone know if there's an update somewhere for Apartment Life? I read on the BBS that Pinstar was not doing an update, but maybe someone had done it instead?
Top Secret Researcher
#67 Old 20th Dec 2008 at 12:38 PM
I'm going to start a legacy and actually stick with it, because this is my first try, i'm not really playing for points but am going to follow some rules. (not the lot rule though, i'm trying to stick to the smallest i can possibly have)
Because i'm not playing with the points and rules do you think i should use downloaded sims, or is it best to sitck with ~the not so nice looking/genes~ maxis townies?

Previously known as 'simcharley1990'
Theorist
#68 Old 20th Dec 2008 at 12:41 PM
I've started a Legacy Style family in my hood. I'm not counting Points or (to be true) following the rules (strictly..) , But I just wanted to get back into Playing

Thus; The MICRO-CY!

You can find it on mah LiveJournal! But I doubt your that interested~

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Top Secret Researcher
#69 Old 20th Dec 2008 at 12:55 PM
Omg. Petchy Has Legacy.
*stalk, Stalk, Stalk*

Theorist
#70 Old 20th Dec 2008 at 1:09 PM
*Is scared*

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Top Secret Researcher
#71 Old 20th Dec 2008 at 2:07 PM
I didn't mean in that way, :]

#72 Old 20th Dec 2008 at 9:37 PM
I'm in the process of updating the legacy spreadsheet to fit with the rules until Freetime. If anyone wants it and knows how I can get it up on the Internet, PM me and I'll get you a copy.

The spreadsheet will add up your points for you and includes handicaps as well as updated ghosts, NPCs, and careers.
Top Secret Researcher
#73 Old 22nd Dec 2008 at 12:40 PM
Posted my first bit here; http://simcharley.livejournal.com/
No one will read it but i though i might aswell post it.

#74 Old 3rd Jan 2009 at 9:44 PM
I have such a noob question lol. I just started this challenge and my girl is looking to get married and start having a family. My question is what exactly counts as a townie?

I live in Riverblossom Hills. I know that obviously it is a sim not created by myself lol. But can it be any sim living in the town or does it have to be a sim that is not living on any of the lots? I am confused by this as I heard it both ways.

Thanks!
#75 Old 4th Jan 2009 at 5:00 AM
Townies would be the ones that you can't play unless you move them in so the ones that don't live on any lots. This includes the playables in any subhoods.
Page 3 of 7