Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#4476 Old 26th Apr 2012 at 2:19 PM
After reinstalling them, your configuration for the either of those two mods probably needs to be set back up. On Twallan's SP, those stories are set to show up by default for some reason. IIRC, this can be changed by clicking on the active sim, going to Nraas > Story Progression and finding the setting for Stories and setting it to Nobody.
It could also be AM, like Zokugai said. If you're using it, try checking the configuration by typing "showconfig" into the console and looking for "InformOnStoryAction" in the windows that pop up and see if it's set to true.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#4477 Old 26th Apr 2012 at 4:29 PM
I learned today that you can plant carrots with Pets installed. It makes me happy that my gardener Sim can grow something new (in addition to bananas, which I already knew about).
Instructor
#4478 Old 26th Apr 2012 at 11:58 PM
A few weeks ago, I discovered that if you held down the alt key, you can move an object off-grid. That freakin' blew my mind Took me like 2 years to realize this? x__x

♥ ❤ ❥ Tumblr (which I never update) ♥ ❤ ❥
My Blog
Field Researcher
#4479 Old 27th Apr 2012 at 6:52 AM
That pets can "Harass Death" when a member of their household died. It was cute but it was a little annoying cause I had been waiting forever for my elder to die (that sounds so horrible but the house was getting really crowded and I didn't want to move her out when she was 2 days away from dying) and she finally did and then the damn cat goes up and starts meowing at the Reaper. So now her family has 2 memories of her dying/seeing her ghost and 0 memories of her being resurrected. Oh well.
Inventor
#4480 Old 27th Apr 2012 at 7:57 AM
I didn't realise that kids can play peekaboo with toddlers or hug them, that was quite sweet
Field Researcher
#4481 Old 27th Apr 2012 at 8:27 AM
Yeah, it is. I had a birthday party for the baby who aged to a toddler. The parents were socializing with the guests when one of the guests stole his candy. He started to cry. His older brother wasn't doing anything so I had him hug his little brother and then play peekaboo with him. Crisis averted.
Field Researcher
#4482 Old 27th Apr 2012 at 11:51 AM
This:

The pictures says it all... a little happiness points from the ice cream maker and deep fryer

Hope, it is the only thing stronger than fear. A little hope is effective, alot of hope is dangerous.- President Snow
Field Researcher
#4483 Old 27th Apr 2012 at 2:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Misanthrope
A few weeks ago, I discovered that if you held down the alt key, you can move an object off-grid. That freakin' blew my mind Took me like 2 years to realize this? x__x

Oh. My. God.
Scholar
#4484 Old 27th Apr 2012 at 3:44 PM
I discovered that I want to go back in time to the release of the TS3, and with knowing what I know today, to start all over.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#4485 Old 27th Apr 2012 at 9:38 PM
Immediately after updating to the most recent patch from 1.24 I noticed that all the Sims I played in order to test the patch suddenly began to look out of the window when idle, something I've only known from neurotic Sims. Is this new?
One Minute Ninja'd
#4486 Old 27th Apr 2012 at 10:42 PM
They're all afraid you'll Simport them somewhere.
#4487 Old 27th Apr 2012 at 10:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
They're all afraid you'll Simport them somewhere.
I'd rather think that they finally realised that I always play offline and that they are trapped in my computer.
Scholar
#4488 Old 28th Apr 2012 at 5:02 AM
Sometimes the name generators make hilarious names. I just got a mailman named "Muhammed Christian" and a dancer named "Paris Diamond" Long long long ago, I saw a Sunny Dee and a David Ramsey (but I think he was premade)
Mad Poster
#4489 Old 28th Apr 2012 at 4:45 PM
Playdates! One of my Sims with a child got a phone call from his best friend, also with a child, asking if he wanted her to come over with her sprog, so the two could play together. I'm guessing this came with Generations? Either way, this is the very first time I've gotten it. Super awesome :3
Mad Poster
#4490 Old 28th Apr 2012 at 10:41 PM
I just discovered that the picture frame of the photos taken with the SHT photo booth can be recoloured with the CASt tool!

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Top Secret Researcher
#4491 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 12:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by morphius1
I discovered that I want to go back in time to the release of the TS3, and with knowing what I know today, to start all over.

If I did that, I'd be playing TS2 and not play TS3 at all.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Field Researcher
#4492 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 1:13 AM
That with an FPS limiter and Game Boost my computer no longer sounds like it's trying to kill itself when I play the game.
Mad Poster
#4493 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 2:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Alliteration
That with an FPS limiter and Game Boost my computer no longer sounds like it's trying to kill itself when I play the game.

I've clocked mine running up to 1200 fps without FPS Limiter. I nearly had a heart attack.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Field Researcher
#4494 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 2:21 AM
Why wasn't your computer on fire yet?
#4495 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 9:34 AM
I discovered that all my playable ghosts now have voices, no moaning anymore. But now they sound as if they are in some giant public restroom.
Instructor
#4496 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 6:20 PM
That if you have a mid-life crises you can pay for therapy :') It amused me.
Top Secret Researcher
#4497 Old 30th Apr 2012 at 11:53 AM
That imaginary friends and other dolls get placed in the bed if it's in your toddlers inventory (and stares your baby to death while they are sleeping )

And that the mailman/woman can freak out about dogs (and possibly cats?) and run away with letters falling out of their bags!

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Field Researcher
#4498 Old 30th Apr 2012 at 12:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ive
That imaginary friends and other dolls get placed in the bed if it's in your toddlers inventory (and stares your baby to death while they are sleeping )

And that the mailman/woman can freak out about dogs (and possibly cats?) and run away with letters falling out of their bags!

When I played my first Generations family and I saw that doll in my toddler's bed I almost pissed. I thought it was like some sort of weird ghost creature they added to the game that I didn't know about. I usually put a teddy bear or something in that slot so they can't have their Imaginary Friends there staring them down. They're so damn creepy looking!
Instructor
#4499 Old 5th May 2012 at 4:33 PM
If you hold down Shift+A or Shift+D while in camera mode, you can tilt the angle!

That made me really dizzy.

And cats could eat turtles, apparently.

♥ ❤ ❥ Tumblr (which I never update) ♥ ❤ ❥
My Blog
Top Secret Researcher
#4500 Old 5th May 2012 at 4:39 PM
You can woohoo in one of the hay stacks (of course!)

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Page 180 of 490