Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#4501 Old 5th May 2012 at 5:04 PM
1. One of the songs from the singer career is a remake of a Sims 1 Superstar song, the one that goes like "Oogie Oogie Ooh". I think it was from the "House" music channel.

2. Sims can now burn their fingers when cooking. No moodlet, just a new animation.

3. My freed Genie has red hair only for everyday. For all other clothing categories she's got that spinach poo colour. And her outfit does not show as unlocked in CAS

4. If you add the Genie trait with cheats, the affected Sim will completely change their genetics and be pudding face no. 1 in blue. This can be remedied by changing back into their other everyday clothes. But if you take the transformed Genie into CAS while still blue and hit the accept button, the change will be irreversible.
Advertisement
Instructor
#4502 Old 5th May 2012 at 6:20 PM
Wow. I've been playing The Sims since the very first Sims 1 came out and have played every single expansion and stuff pack since then and an external hard drive dedicated to Sims 2 CC. I've got mods to make skills go up faster, get rid of pixelation censors, used boolproptestingcheatsenabled true like crazy in TS2 and now somewhat in TS3, but after reading through these things I've learned today that there is still a whole world of things I'm missing out on! Like, there's magic and a genie in TS3? When did that happen and how do I find it?
Field Researcher
#4503 Old 5th May 2012 at 7:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by melbrewer367
Wow. I've been playing The Sims since the very first Sims 1 came out and have played every single expansion and stuff pack since then and an external hard drive dedicated to Sims 2 CC. I've got mods to make skills go up faster, get rid of pixelation censors, used boolproptestingcheatsenabled true like crazy in TS2 and now somewhat in TS3, but after reading through these things I've learned today that there is still a whole world of things I'm missing out on! Like, there's magic and a genie in TS3? When did that happen and how do I find it?

The magic is just a rumoured future EP and the genie comes with the new EP Showtime :--)
Mad Poster
#4504 Old 5th May 2012 at 8:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sierrakusterbeck
The magic is just a rumoured future EP and the genie comes with the new EP Showtime :--)

Not quite true, there are magic objects available already if you are prepared to purchase them from the Store: A couldron, voodoo doll, and crystal ball.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
#4505 Old 5th May 2012 at 8:57 PM
My sim hums while he gardens.
Mad Poster
#4506 Old 5th May 2012 at 9:32 PM
I discovered child Sims can't watch Showtime performers! I sent the whole family to watch a visiting Sim only to have the child stand around doing nothing with no options to "Watch Show".

Top Secret Researcher
#4507 Old 5th May 2012 at 11:53 PM Last edited by Ive : 6th May 2012 at 5:10 PM.
I know that critters can run away if you keep them in your inventory for too long, but not that they just run around your house if you do.
It said my snake disappeared, but I could hear the hissing. Had to look for ages before finding it!

Edit: Sure finding out a lot lately

If a sim goes fishing, you can drag the icon out so it lasts until they catch 5 fish. Or drag it out more so that they fish until they gain a skill.

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
#4508 Old 7th May 2012 at 4:20 PM
I just discovered that one of my Sims lost all his Martial Arts outfits. Now if only I knew how I achieved that, because it's something I've always wanted to be able to do...
Mad Poster
#4509 Old 8th May 2012 at 3:10 AM
Two things:

The SHT Port-A-Party Warehouse is a callback to the Port-A-Party Costume Trunk from The Sims 1.

That you can drag an entire set of recolours onto another object and have it beautiful in less time! THIS IS A BIG DISCOVERY FOR SEEMINGLY THE ONLY TS3 PLAYER WHO HATES CASt.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Lab Assistant
#4510 Old 8th May 2012 at 9:09 AM
I have discovered that I take a lot of features in this game for granted sometimes, I'm very quick to complain about what's not there but don't really appreciate what is there! It is actually a wonderful game, really.
Alchemist
#4511 Old 8th May 2012 at 7:27 PM
That my sims love to break everything.and my sims keep getting a dusty blonde hair colour even though none of my heir sims have had that colour

Whatever people consider to be normal, it never is.
My Simblr
My Youtube
Scholar
#4512 Old 8th May 2012 at 8:11 PM
There's a particular shade of haircolor. Like...a sort of medium brown with greenish olive hints? Bluntly, it's poop-colored.

Probably 50% of every kid born in my Sims install has that hair color. No matter what. Blackhaired parents, blond parents, redheads, fantasy colors, whatever. I always wind up with poop-colored babies.

Snickerson: a Random Legacy Challenge. There are zebras involved. Zebras.
Mad Poster
#4513 Old 9th May 2012 at 12:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Alliteration
Why wasn't your computer on fire yet?

The kicker is that I only bothered to clock it in 2012. I'd been playing with that framerate since launch day 2009. It had no issues with the rate either (which is extraordinary) but it did kill my main fan twice when I thought it just got too hot from it being summer and all.

OUCH.

I discovered that in the career outfits with SHT is a bunch of stuff marked Late Night that I've never even seen . . . like a headset and a few sunglasses. When I played on AGS3 without SHT, they didn't show up.

So yeah, they either 1) left those out of LN to include with SHT and didn't bother changing the thumbnails or 2) had them in game but just badly categorised.

This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Instructor
#4514 Old 9th May 2012 at 1:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DigitalSympathies
So yeah, they either 1) left those out of LN to include with SHT and didn't bother changing the thumbnails or 2) had them in game but just badly categorised.

Hmm someone should look into that because if that is the case they can be re-categorized I think.

Also I discovered that CC magic is the most useful thing I've downloaded in years my game is running much more smoothly.
Alchemist
#4515 Old 9th May 2012 at 11:05 AM
@Zokugai --- yeah that sort of colour but not so greenish it also has a hint of red.
in my 2nd gen 2 children out of 7 got that hair colour even though there parents had black hair and dark brown hair.
in the 3rd gen one of the child out of 3 got it and it was very greenish.
in the 4th gen none of the 3 children got it which i was very glad about.
in the 5th gen 2 out of the 5 children got it. the thing is i keep seeing a pattern it is always the first born boys and if they have any other boys it will be the 3rd boy that gets that same colour.it is really strange

My Simblr
My Youtube
Field Researcher
#4516 Old 9th May 2012 at 11:31 AM
There's a mod for that over at MATY.
Theorist
#4517 Old 9th May 2012 at 3:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ive
That imaginary friends and other dolls get placed in the bed if it's in your toddlers inventory (and stares your baby to death while they are sleeping )

And that the mailman/woman can freak out about dogs (and possibly cats?) and run away with letters falling out of their bags!

I got Generations in December as a Christmas present and to date, I have yet to see an imaginary friend with any baby/child that is in my game - born in game or EA sim baby/child.

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Mad Poster
#4518 Old 9th May 2012 at 5:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DigitalSympathies
{snip}

I discovered that in the career outfits with SHT is a bunch of stuff marked Late Night that I've never even seen . . . like a headset and a few sunglasses. When I played on AGS3 without SHT, they didn't show up.

I BELIEVE that the earpiece is supposed to be worn by bouncers so that would actually make sense that it only shows up for career clothing. I have seen the bouncer outfit in the careers outfit section too.
I can't say I've noticed any sunglasses but then I don't pay much attention to those to begin with.

Mad Poster
#4519 Old 10th May 2012 at 2:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
I BELIEVE that the earpiece is supposed to be worn by bouncers so that would actually make sense that it only shows up for career clothing. I have seen the bouncer outfit in the careers outfit section too.
I can't say I've noticed any sunglasses but then I don't pay much attention to those to begin with.

It was an accessory, though. I'll try and get some screenshots of what I mean when I have time, but IIRC the bouncer outfit was one full thing (which doesn't show up anyways in career outfits AFAIK) and this was just an earpiece that looked like it would be used for singers.

Lab Assistant
#4520 Old 10th May 2012 at 3:45 AM
That when your sim makes a simbot it is seen as the child of the sim who created it. Once it came to life it even fulfilled the wish for my sim to have a daughter as well as her husbands even though it only registers him as the simbot's step-dad. The simbot also can get a job and converse with appliances lol. I've been playing Sims 3 for such a long time yet there are still so many things I have yet to do and learn, I move so slow haha.
#4521 Old 10th May 2012 at 4:29 PM
Two things:
1. My teen Genie cannot ensorcel other Sims while on vacation
2. When there's a Genie on the lot and you tell children to dream about something, if the dream turns out to be good, it seems that they now get a new moodlet, "Peaceful", and says the cause is the Genie. Too bad that the Genie himself has only nightmares

Oh, and a third thing: I just created a Sim with the Diva trait. Never ever have I hated a Sim so quickly like this one, because of the Compliment Self animation. I might even have to delete that clown from the Saved Sims bin to get rid of that memory.
Alchemist
#4522 Old 10th May 2012 at 4:52 PM
That my two asian sims no matter how hard they try they cant have an asian looking child.

My Simblr
My Youtube
Top Secret Researcher
#4523 Old 10th May 2012 at 7:50 PM
You can adjust the height of things on the walls!

This also taught me to actually read the tips on the neighbourhood loading screen...

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Mad Poster
#4524 Old 10th May 2012 at 8:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ive
You can adjust the height of things on the walls!

This also taught me to actually read the tips on the neighbourhood loading screen...

I have seen that tip too, but I can't remember how to do it. How does one do it exactly??
Mad Poster
#4525 Old 10th May 2012 at 8:45 PM
Hold down the left mouse button, and drag. ^_^

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Page 181 of 490