Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#501 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 11:36 PM
I understand completely. I get confused easily.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#502 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 11:42 PM
I'm sorry to say this at the last round, but I won't be able to post anything. I'm going out of the country and need to do a bunch of stuff to prepare, I can't drag my PC with me and my game seems to hate me and doesn't want to be fixed so I can't just do something quickly. So I'll probably just look at the final scores on my laptop when I have everything finished. So good luck to everyone in the final round

One bright day in the middle of the night...
An apple a day will keep anyone away, if thrown hard enough.
Forum Resident
#503 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 12:30 AM
Sorry I didn't mean that in a mean way, just a like "nudging with my elbow and lifting one eyebrow" kind of way.
Didn't mean to offend anyone

Facebook! | Find more of my stuff at my blog! | Tumblr | Donate
Forum Resident
#504 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 12:32 AM
Ok score time. weeee. I know wah wah wah my score sucked. And I lost my 3rd place - BUT NOW IM 5TH YAY. lolz

However I AM REALLY HAPPY with my comments this round. Do you guys no how hard to think of something that was Mainstream/ trendy??? lol
And my Theatrical - A cage its not really going to be dark and gloomy is it???? she is dancing with it. and I specifically stated it was the opening scene so after that all the lights
cranking into action.

and last but not least. My backstage shot. I agree, was fully shit. no creativity went into it. But I lost 20 points because of it?? seems odd.

But I am rather happy. This has been oh so fun. Thank you very much judges

Official Foundation Challange Contestant. R1-R2-R3-R4

BLOGGER A Random Legacy - Vasher
Lab Assistant
#505 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 2:05 AM
To whoever was interested, the cobwebs I used in Round 3 are by Luna.

Also, the "extra" in the photo was the stylist (she was standing near the styling equipment, although the angle made it kind of hard to see) and the reason why she wasn't laughing was because, as explained in the comment, she was used to Danny's antics and no longer found them amusing.

@traelia: I'm sorry, I didn't catch that you were only saying that in jest (damn interwebz!). I just didn't want ng to feel like she was being ganged up on, so please accept my apology.

The Dawson Diaries
(A Random Legacy)
Lab Assistant
#506 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 2:05 AM
I'm in high school D:
It's supposed to be holiday here but I came to school almost everyday from 8 a.m until 8 p.m.
yes, I admit, my time mangement is sooooooo f***ing bad
I'm not mad at anyone because it's true, I should've finished my entry now

At least now, I'm finished with the sets :D
I'll take my pics tonight

My girl was in MAKE ME A MODEL! contest by missroxor

check out my facebook rp account and my tumblr for pictures
Forum Resident
#507 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 2:39 AM
I was just joking... because I am not done either lol

Forum Resident
#508 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 3:01 AM
Ah no problem Chloro, I should have thrown some smileys in there or something. I have a tendency to sound catty when I don't use smileys.. Weird I know.
And to the judge who said I should upload Lily, she is on my blog here: http://traelia.blogspot.com/2011/06/lily-cho.html

Lab Assistant
#509 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 3:07 AM
wow! the scores are up?! I didn't realize that!
again at the bottom
oh well, I'll do better this round
Traelia on top! congrats
Love lily, I downloaded her the second u upload her

Forum Resident
#510 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 3:08 AM
Haha thanks Ng!
If it's any help, I loved your Danny Bishop shoot

Forum Resident
#511 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 4:28 AM
lol what you on about NG you got more then me lol.

Lab Assistant
#512 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 4:41 AM
but in total I'm at 8th place D:
I have to do extra hard this round!!!

test pic for this round
http://i55.tinypic.com/22m39i.jpg
Looking at this u know which theme I choose :D

Forum Resident
#513 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 10:17 AM Last edited by LadyAwesome : 18th Jul 2011 at 12:00 PM.

Designer/Shop:
Idol Fashion

WOW. These group of people are amazing. It was good to work with a TEAM of people, who all seemed to flow. My gymnastic background come into play here. The sportswear also had a good variety, AND, I got to keep my new workout get-up. All in all, I would love to flaunt my stuff, with Idol fashion again.

Designer/Shop: Roman B ~ Bridal Couture

I had the most amazing time dressing up as a bride. We took this shot in Queenstown, at sunrise to capture the purple hues. Everything was soft and flowing.
The hair, the make-up. I am just so speechless. This was a great ending to my time, with Roxor Models. Thank you xx.

Field Researcher
#514 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 4:54 PM Last edited by Astraea Nevermore : 17th Jul 2011 at 11:31 PM.
Oh, scores! :D

...Yep, the background on the Mary Cho pic was pretty weird, that's true. My main idea for it was to mainly create a coloured atmosphere (with the lasers/lights), with all sort of strange stuff in the background, hence the statues+egyptians columns. Didn't really intend to make it have any particular meaning, just went for something that could include "theatrical" and at the same time look awkward enough to be "out" of the common idea of a background
Glad the Danny Bishop one had a such a good feedback!

Nooooooooow... round 4. This one is giving me hell, literally. I have a hundred of ideas and can't find the right poses for any of them. I really wanted to do Winter Wonderland, as Jorn would perfectly fit the theme, but all my attempts failed D:

So, have a "I'm not really sure of what I'm posting, but I already went crazy enough to think of anything else" kind of pic for the first part of my round 4:

Jorn Ilvonen - Round 4

Roman B

When I was told that I was going to do a bridal wear photoshoot, the "free lover" in me shivered a little. I've always seen marriage as a needless prison (c'mon, do you *really* need a ring to demonstrate eternal love?), however, I kept all the comments for myself and still went for it. After all, Roman-B is *the* bridal wear designer, refusing such a huge offer would have been very stupid of me. What to say... I definitely had a good amount of fun XD
While I still don't really dig the whole marriages/formal wear things, the setting was really beautiful. We *did* actually go to the countryside, it wasn't just a fake background. Sure, preserving my clothes from looking like a total mess after a few hours around grass and haycocks was hell -not to mention how the photographer went literally crazy to make me sure I didn't *touch* anything- but it was still funny seeing all of those super-serious professionals going all crazy to take the pictures without destroying their oh-so-precious outfits

Kissy Chicks

This was literally hell to make. Take a psycho photographer, add a bunch of wrong coloured lights, a ton of pose changes... and you'll get an idea of what I went through to take this "simple" picture.
Basically, the idea was already there since the start. Problem was that, according to the photographer, there was always something wrong. Put that hand up, no, not *that* much, look straight at me, turn your head on the side... nah, not like that, I mean the *other* side... mh, no, I still don't like it. Gosh, I need a coffee. We'll have to do everything from scratch.

...Yeah, that was just a short summary.
Luckily, the psycho guy really appreciated the final result and asked for this pic to become the official one to be published on magazines. At least the whole thing was worth the suffering!

P.S.: the "psycho photographer" story is not so far from the real life happenings I *really* went crazy to find an angle to take the pic(s) of Jorn and I *really* went crazy with the lights: I wanted to add some coloured ones, but none of them seemed to fit the atmosphere, so I had to use white ones XD unlike Jorn's photographer, I'm still not 100% satisfied with this one, but I don't think I'm gonna have the time to redo it, sorry D:
Forum Resident
#515 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 9:51 PM
Astrea, I never thought about the challenges a male model would face in this round! I think you did a great job however, given the limited male poses there are. Jorn looks cute when he's in contact with his feminine side And I totally feel you on the crazy photographer thing, it has to be THE perfect angle and lighting haha. Also sorry if this is too late for you, but you can choose custom colors for lighting by copying the colorcode and then choosing custom in game.

The other one
Original Poster
#516 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 10:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Traelia
you can choose custom colors for lighting by copying the colorcode and then choosing custom in game.

Whaaaa...?! Oh ffs, wish I'd known that earlier! lol. Thanks Trae.

As per request there is a 24-hour extension.

I'm just about to do all the updates so I'll be adding the latest entries (usuming the note book doesn't have a meltdown and die), good work guys Can't believe it's nearly over ...though I bet some of you will be glad to get back to normality for a bit, lol.

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Field Researcher
#517 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 10:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by traelia
Astrea, I never thought about the challenges a male model would face in this round! I think you did a great job however, given the limited male poses there are. Jorn looks cute when he's in contact with his feminine side And I totally feel you on the crazy photographer thing, it has to be THE perfect angle and lighting haha. Also sorry if this is too late for you, but you can choose custom colors for lighting by copying the colorcode and then choosing custom in game.

Aaaw, thank you so much! Yep, I'll admit it wasn't easy to find poses that could suit him, especially with this round! But I'm really glad you liked the result! (Btw, using the occasion to tell you that I love your poses, I find myself using them very, very often :lovestruc )
Also glad we're on the same page as for picture taking sessions, lol.

Aaaand... huge thanks for the tip on custom coloured lights! Can you believe I never understood how they worked? D:
Off to make all sorts of experiments with the lights, now!
Forum Resident
#518 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 11:17 PM
Lol Those pics made me pee my pants. So funny and cute hahahahaha Go Astrea!!

Lab Assistant
#519 Old 18th Jul 2011 at 3:17 AM Last edited by nhayes17 : 18th Jul 2011 at 1:18 PM.
aww y'all too good

mine is a bit crap but can't see me improving none as I have stuff to do

y'as all so good

Check out my sims blog - Monkeys with Technology
My pixels@SU

Lab Assistant
#520 Old 18th Jul 2011 at 4:21 AM
Whew! This was fun, bud hard. I think that this is my best round yet.

Winter Wonderland - Idol Fashion

For this shoot, we flew up to a ski resort in Montana to incorporate a sense of realism in the picture. I enjoyed wearing authentic Ikk® boots and wool stockings and throwing snowballs for the first time. The staff was extremely kind and hospitable, giving me tips and pointers.

Jungle Fever - Kissy Chicks

This shoot was actually done in my hometown, Twinbrook. I really enjoyed wearing the long orange wig they provided, because it was something bold and new. The only bad part about it was that the snakeskin underwear was extremely itchy and the heels hurt my feet. Otherwise, the crew was amazing and this was a great experience.
Scholar
#521 Old 18th Jul 2011 at 7:38 AM
Astraea, you had it harder than the rest and did such a kick ass job! EVERYONE has done great. This contest has been great fun, and even though I'm 9th out of 11...doesn't matter, it's been great entertainment both creating and seeing others entries.
Plus outing that scammer to HP is just icing on the cake!

I'm glad for the extension, as I just got home. Need to go to bed and then work 12 hours tomorrow. The 3 kids are no help...But I have one pic done and know what I'm doing for the next.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution." ~Albert Einstein
A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward.~F.D.R.
Lab Assistant
#522 Old 18th Jul 2011 at 9:36 AM
Extension thanks! I need to stayed in school for a night soo, I won't have time to make it today...

Forum Resident
#523 Old 18th Jul 2011 at 12:10 PM
Ok - now that I am done...
I want to shout out a HUGE Thank you to Missroxor - You done such a great job, doing up this competition. Putting up with all the drama (and me). And just being a generally awesome chick.
You are amazing and I am so glad to have you in my own sim pocket. XX LOVE YOU TWINNY!!!

Next is all the judges, Wicked_poppies, Sandymd, Lavaster and heaven. I know how much time and effort goes into judging. You guys are amazing, and I put it up to you. Thank you for the confidence and the feedback, that helps us all to learn.

Traelia - My own personal pose maker You are a machine, awesome. And I have no other words except for, THANK YOU FOR YOUR BRILLIANCE!! I love you.

And to everyone at #create expecially baka. Who helped me tweak my writing, and taught me how to use paint.net, because I am a complete weenie.

Last but not least, everyone who stuck in this competition. You people are my idols. I am not kidding. I am a total noob when it comes to sim making/ sim modeling. You all inspired me to do this. Hopefully one day I can compare

xx LOVE YOU ALL.

Lab Assistant
#524 Old 18th Jul 2011 at 3:35 PM Last edited by ngluvjj : 19th Jul 2011 at 6:35 PM.
Idol Fashion - Winter Wonderland

Idol fashion is cute cute cute!!! I love it, little bit of everything into cuteness!!!! :lovestruc In this photoshoot, they hire a sculpture artist to make many ice sculpture of me and the whole collection, he manage to make 10 of it in a week and go crazy because of it In the end the photographer only wanted 3 of it poor guy... The snow is all fake but the cold wasn't, the photoshoot is in a gigantic freezer and they change it into a photoshoot set, what kind of magic is that?!

Kissy Chicks - Naughty and Nice

This photoshoot is very hectic, I jump into one and another set, make up and wardrobes, ground, chairs, bed, sofa, car and many more. It's all worth it though! I'm a little bit embaressed having photoshoot with so many staff and not in a studio, walking around with lingeries is not that fun But I love working like this

At last... all done Not in my best condition and "no idea" week I work on those pic for hours at night, and I have to wake up 5 a.m. everyday for a shooting at school it's 1.30 a.m. here anyway

I can't believe this contest is about to end
I want to kiss missroxor right now :lovestruc for creating this amazing contest

Forum Resident
#525 Old 18th Jul 2011 at 7:40 PM
Awh Kayla Thanks you big weenie.
And I'd also like to thank missroxor, for her amazing job as a host. Although this is my first contest, I can tell she knows what she's doing
And to the judges, thank you for being kind and helpful, and also for taking on a contest with originally like 20 people in it and still offering valuable feedback to everyone.
And of course I'm happy to see such creativity here from my competitors! It's so cool to see the different things you all came up with.
Also just in general this contest pushed me to make use of my game and utilize new things that I would have never discovered, so thanks!

I'm so excited to see the final outcome! Whooooooo!
And I can't wait to see all of you in other contests!

Page 21 of 23