Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
#8276 Old 14th Jul 2014 at 9:50 PM
Hey guys I think I have a pretty good idea what the neighborhood theme song should be: It's a small world after all lol
Advertisement
Scholar
#8277 Old 14th Jul 2014 at 9:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
Everybody keeps talking about how laggy TS3 was / is, but they never talk about how much cc is boogering up their game.

With no cc whatsoever. Depending on which EPs I install, I can have the base game and up to 4 EPs before I get lag. With all EPs SPs (except KPS) I have lag.

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
Mad Poster
#8278 Old 14th Jul 2014 at 10:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by QueenJimmyIV
I was talking about the skin textures. I was able to find decently shaped lips in the presets that didn't have McDonald's arches in the middle but the skin's texture (?) still presents a very defined and deep nasal labia. With my own, I can barely feel it when I run my finger across it and it doesn't show in photos. My sister also shares this facial feature.

Sims 3 did have a slider for nasolabial crease - I couldn't find a sims screenshot that showed it very well; should probably have used a picture from the real world.

Top Secret Researcher
#8279 Old 14th Jul 2014 at 10:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Original_Sim
Or something.

It's supposedly called "Oasis Spring."

The next town will be Hidden Oasis. Followed by Pleasant Spring.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Inventor
#8280 Old 14th Jul 2014 at 10:41 PM Last edited by crinrict : 14th Jul 2014 at 11:05 PM.
Hey guys,

since the feedback thread at the officials is pretty useless for bugs, I made a thread for it at AHQ: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4...mo/td-p/3126348

I'll compile on the first page and the AHQ staff should be monitoring too. You can log in there with your Origin account.

Please only post bugs, not feedback. Feedback (you want ignored by EA) still goes into the Feedback thread over at the official

@HystericalParoxysm: Do you think you could add the link to the link thread ?
Theorist
#8281 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 12:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
Everybody keeps talking about how laggy TS3 was / is, but they never talk about how much cc is boogering up their game.

Hmm... I have WA, LN, AMB, GEN, SEASONS and 12GB of Store and 3rd party CC installed. I don't get lag. Loading time for CAS takes about 5 min and CASt takes about the same. After I've loaded both, it doesn't take as long if I open either up again. From my experience its the initial load that takes time.

Those are the only EP's I have for now, and no SP's. I'll be getting IP and UL later on since I know I won't be getting TS4 for a bit so I got time.

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Inventor
#8282 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 12:51 AM
To be honest if I had to have the sims 4 my way when launched it would include this:
1. Babies, toddlers, child,teen, young adult, adult and elder stages available in CAS.
2. Pools- both in ground and above ground
3. cars, and bikes.

For the neighborhood I would do anything to see Twilight Town from Kingdom hearts in the game. In this so called "world" it would include/be:
1. Much bigger than Willow Creek, but smaller than Sunset Valley.
2. A working tram/train system especially since Twilight Town has trains/stations etc.
3. Space for about five community lots of your own, and ten residential lots you build.
4. Different sections of Twilight Town like Sunset Terrace that work similar to sub- neighborhoods in The sims 2.
5. Rotational game play.

This would be my dream sims game, but just having space and a reasonable sized neighborhood is enough for me, as that was the real deal breaker for me with the Sims 4.
Top Secret Researcher
#8283 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 12:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lisfyre
Hmm... I have WA, LN, AMB, GEN, SEASONS and 12GB of Store and 3rd party CC installed. I don't get lag. Loading time for CAS takes about 5 min and CASt takes about the same. After I've loaded both, it doesn't take as long if I open either up again. From my experience its the initial load that takes time.

Those are the only EP's I have for now, and no SP's. I'll be getting IP and UL later on since I know I won't be getting TS4 for a bit so I got time.

TS3 UL is less than satisfying. Maybe EA will get it right in TS4, but I wouldn't count on it. I don't think any of the devs at EA actually went to a real university.

Top Secret Researcher
#8284 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 12:58 AM
The actual university in TS3 is undesirable, but it did come with pretty cool items, hairs, and clothes. Great content, poor focus.

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
Field Researcher
#8285 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 1:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by David Poston
To be honest if I had to have the sims 4 my way when launched it would include this:

In this so called "world" it would include/be:

3. Space for about five community lots of your own, and ten residential lots you build.

This would be my dream sims game, but just having space and a reasonable sized neighborhood is enough for me, as that was the real deal breaker for me with the Sims 4.

I'm confused, are you saying 15 lots per world in your dream game, but TS4 isn't big enough for you? Cuz I'm fairly sure Willow Creek had ~25 lots that could be eithoer community or residential. I don't think that enough, but I'm confused your dream game seems to have less? :P

Quote: Originally posted by David Poston
1. Babies, toddlers, child,teen, young adult, adult and elder stages available in CAS.
2. Pools- both in ground and above ground
3. cars, and bikes.

1. Much bigger than Willow Creek, but smaller than Sunset Valley.
2. A working tram/train system
4. Different sections of Town like Sunset Terrace that work similar to sub- neighborhoods in The sims 2.
5. Rotational game play.

These I agree with :P
Although to have cars, bikes, AND a working tram/train system seems a bit excessive

Check out The Moore Legacy, a Sims4 legacy blog.
Also - Stranded on Sixam Challenge... Can your sim live long-term on an alien planet?
Alchemist
#8286 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 1:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jendra9311
Although to have cars, bikes, AND a working tram/train system seems a bit excessive

Wow, you actually like not having more options?
Inventor
#8287 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 1:19 AM
[QUOTE=Jendra9311]I'm confused, are you saying 15 lots per world in your dream game, but TS4 isn't big enough for you? Cuz I'm fairly sure Willow Creek had ~25 lots that could be eithoer community or residential. I don't think that enough, but I'm confused your dream game seems to have less? :P

I'm saying there would be fifteen open lots where you could build your own community lot/ house. But there would be about 30 other lots already made
And for your other comment I would give up bikes, but I'd want cars, and a working train system.
Forum Resident
#8288 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 1:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
https://twitter.com/SimGuruAzure/st...721676947816449

Azure Bowie-Hankins
‏@SimGuruAzure
@wensimmie @SimGuruLyndsay @SimGuruGrant Kids can gain certain skills in the game. They can play the violin and the piano!

Cool. That's not new, tho.

And when they say play the violin and the piano, they really mean play THE violin and THE piano! 'cause if you want more than one you'll need to pay extra.
Theorist
#8289 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 2:40 AM Last edited by tangie0906 : 15th Jul 2014 at 3:14 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by lovcat
Did they actually say when they'd release the 15 minute scripted gameplay video? I thought it was supposed to be this week but not sure on which day to expect it.

The sad part about it is the article that puts a name to the desert town is also using fan made photos as official photos. Remember that photo of Ollie and whats her name.. Sophia? and the child render/art/crud.

I thought the whole article sounded like it was written by someone from EA's marketing department. They must have used the fan photo because they don't have much else to go on since they're also waiting for the game to be finished.

I don't know what to expect or when to expect it from the gameplay video. I'm sure eventually they will show some things that look fun, and then the forums will probably explode again with oohs and aahs.

But personally, I'm not going to forget what they've done to this game. After some EPs come out and after it finally all gets down to a price I consider fair considering all they've messed up, then maybe I'll consider buying it. I'm definitely not going to reward them by buying it at full price right out of the gate. I resent that they're trying to push off the cost of their poor decisions onto consumers. But the price will come down and as long as the gameplay is not horrible, hopefully by then some of the bugs will get fixed and some needed mods and CC will come out.

Anyway, none of that last part if directed to you, I'm just really disappointed. I wanted to like this game but they've made that damned impossible. :/

Quote: Originally posted by Jendra9311
I'm confused, are you saying 15 lots per world in your dream game, but TS4 isn't big enough for you? Cuz I'm fairly sure Willow Creek had ~25 lots that could be eithoer community or residential. I don't think that enough, but I'm confused your dream game seems to have less? :P

These I agree with :P

Yeah, I don't see why having more options would be "excessive". But at a minimum that tram would have been awesome as a way to travel between neighborhoods if they had only utilized them that way.

If each neighborhood in the TS4 world had 15 lots, that would still be about 1/3 the size of a small world in TS3. That should have been small enough to function better on lower end PC's. Even 12 lots per 'hood would have been better. Having sims show up on public and commercial lots shouldn't be an issue even with larger hoods/more lots since they created a pool of NPC's who have no other commitments other than to show up when your sims are out and about.

These minuscule neighborhoods they've created for this game are completely ludicrous for an offline PC game, even considering the open public spaces. The only way I can make sense of them at all is to believe this design was intended for the online game where you invited friends' sims to visit your 'hoods. Tiny hoods for an online game that you share with other people are a lot more understandable to me.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Theorist
#8290 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 3:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zigersimmer
TS3 UL is less than satisfying. Maybe EA will get it right in TS4, but I wouldn't count on it. I don't think any of the devs at EA actually went to a real university.

Quote: Originally posted by happycowlover
The actual university in TS3 is undesirable, but it did come with pretty cool items, hairs, and clothes. Great content, poor focus.

So... don't bother with it? Is that what you're both recommending?

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Top Secret Researcher
#8291 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 3:24 AM
You aren't missing much. Save your money on something useful, like a blender or something.

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
Lab Assistant
#8292 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 3:31 AM
i am thinking now i will just watch let's plays of TS4 on youtube i will get to see everything the game has without buying it!

Also, TS4 is looking like a TS3 rehash to me. Traits are still in, their descriptions haven't changed. Lifetime aspirations - or do they mean "lifetime wishes?" - haven't changed. They say everything is new but they take from TS3, so you know we may be getting little behavior buffs...

i bet emotions aren't even shown a whole lot...they're just little "moment" buffs too. Wow i am becoming very negative about this
Lab Assistant
#8293 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 3:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CrystalBits
Also, TS4 is looking like a TS3 rehash to me. Traits are still in, their descriptions haven't changed.

I always thought that the best combination for the next sims game would have been to bring back the personality points system from 1 & 2 AND have the traits system from 3. The neat/nice/playful/outgoing/active scale feels more like a "core" personality to me, whereas things like "computer whiz", "vegetarian" and "family oriented" seem like they would build off of that system better than they can stand up as a "personality" on their own. I probably worded that all wrong, but hopefully you guys get what I mean.

They should use The Sims 2 in psychology....it could work wonders.
Mad Poster
#8294 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 3:59 AM

I say bother with it :D
It comes with lots of very neat content that makes a great addition to the work place for example all the science stuff. It also comes with annoyances like the social skills but those can be toned down. I've only sent one sim to EA uni, after that I started using twallan's mod to have the uni in the main hood.
If I'd uninstal uni I know I'd miss the items. Like the coffee bar, all the harvestables :lovestruc tagging walls and much more.
Forum Resident
#8295 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 4:01 AM
Yeah, on my latest install I haven't installed Pets, IP or Uni because I rarely use those features or they're bugged as hell, but I found myself reinstalling Uni pretty quickly because I missed a lot of the stuff that came with it, even though the actual Uni gameplay was tedious as hell.
Top Secret Researcher
#8296 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 4:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
I say bother with it :D
It comes with lots of very neat content that makes a great addition to the work place for example all the science stuff. It also comes with annoyances like the social skills but those can be toned down. I've only sent one sim to EA uni, after that I started using twallan's mod to have the uni in the main hood.
If I'd uninstal uni I know I'd miss the items. Like the coffee bar, all the harvestables :lovestruc tagging walls and much more.

Wait...wut? Twallan made a mod to run university in the base town? How'd I miss that?

Instructor
#8297 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 4:32 AM
Wait, so we really won't get bikes? Loading screens...okay, but why can we have a bike to ride just for fun in that big lot aka park aka extra zone whatever it's called?
Can't my sim just go for a walk, sit at the bench, read a book while watching her kids playing at the park and sometimes riding their bikes? Can't athletic/romantic sims enjoy a couple riding in the afternoon?
Meh...I think I'm going to spend my money in some Disney Infinity characters so I can play with my cousin's son, his face is priceless when he plays it. :lovestruc He's 5 and liked TS4 trailer, but even him thought some stuff on it looks ludicrous even him is going to miss toddlers 'cause he played TS3 once and took care of a baby. It's funny that one thing that always get him "impressed" is the way sims change clothes He's always like: "how did they do thaat?!!"
But I can't simple allow him to play any sims game, anytime a sim eats something he start asking for the same thing:
— What is he eating?
— Salad.
— I want salad.
— You already had dinner.
— What is she eating?
— Pie.
— I want pie.
— Sorry, no pie this time.
— I want salad.
— No salad for you, little boy.
— I want pie.
— See, just click here and put him to sleep, baby.

I'm also tempted to buy Dragon Age Inquisition, but it's EA too...

PS: Is there anything new at all about TS4 this monday? Piano and violin for kids isn't new anyway...it would be new if kids could play all sorts of musical instruments, you know like in real life.

Let's just agree to disagree.
Mad Poster
#8298 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 5:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zigersimmer
Wait...wut? Twallan made a mod to run university in the base town? How'd I miss that?

Careers Mod- http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Careers+Phase+Fifteen

I haven't played the University world since this mod was updated to Uni and MargaretPendragon's Uni RH rugs. All my sims live at home, get married, have babies, while going to a community college. There are a few uploaded here and you can find others in the community, especially by MySimsRealty.

You can find the unlocked student welcome table and group science project items here too.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Top Secret Researcher
#8299 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 5:41 AM Last edited by Margaret Pendragon : 15th Jul 2014 at 5:51 AM.

UL was a good EP for things like new harvestables, new lot types, interactions, extra traits (even though the social influence system is ick...but there's mods for that). University itself was kind of a hassle, and I only ever sent a handful of sims. I've yet to try university in the homeworld (with NRaas mod), I'm sure that's a lot better.
Inventor
#8300 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 6:58 AM
A recorder for kids to play would be good but I'm not holding too much hope for wind instruments in Sims 4 . I want singers to be able to play with whole bands in this new one but I have zero confidence in them having the ability or inclination to put anything that advanced in. The whole thing reeks of maximum gain for minimum effort by EA to me.
Locked thread
Page 332 of 920