Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Oct 2020 at 11:47 AM Last edited by porkypine : 27th Oct 2020 at 10:53 AM.
Default Oh Cmar.... I have another related issue... Between Morphmaker and TS4SimRipper. :D
Hello!

Ah! The adventures of meshing! I've been busy mashing meshes and practicing making SLIDERS!    I had wanted to do a full face mesh but morphmaker only does parts.  Got the nose done ok  and am happy that I can change the width of the nose tip independently from the width of the nostrils along with a teeny nose hump on the bridge,  which is something the game wasn't letting me do.
but I've been having problems with the eyes.  Been working on some custom sins (lol  yea, that too!)  I meant custom SIMS and needed some fine tuning for their eyes mainly because the game just won't let me the fine tune the given presets the way I want  them to look.  This was as best as I could get with the game's presets:

I want to lift the outer lower eyelids and make a definite epicanthic eyefold where the down arrow is and tighten up the lower inner eye.
Trying to make eyes like this:  

I used Morphmaker  and the mannequin that comes with it (Which is not an asian mannequin) to work on the eyes.  Just getting started so I wanted to check and make sure I was on the right track. Using a dds of a skin so I don't have blank eyeballs staring at me. The mesh still needs a lot of work but looks good so far in Milkshape: 

Still need to make them narrower and work on the shape.  Got the epicanthic fold the way I wanted it to look. so before i spent another 6 days on it like I did the nose, to test it, I ran it in the game and they are HUGE eyes and not what I was expecting.  lol     
The inner fold did not render and also the game put in the dark coloring above the eyes to represent double eyelids, I don't want that either.   Yea, and those busy eyebrows suck but I haven't found CC that I want so I will have to get my fingerpaint kit out and work on those too.  Ah well, this is why I learned how to mod in the first place.  :D

Is there a different base model I can use with Morphmaker?

Thank you for your help.  :D

(And if you want to know what I'm working on. you'll have to wait.  I don't want to advertise if I can't make it work.   :D  )
Screenshots
Attached Images

Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 19th Oct 2020 at 1:37 PM
The base model MorphMaker exports is the base model the game uses. Trying to use a different one would give unpredictable results.

Did you use the original base when making your morph? If not, maybe that's why it's not working right. If so, please upload base and morph. Are you using a BGEO morph? They're more accurate.

A shortcut would be to clone an Asian preset face, preview it, save the morphed head, tweak it, and use that as your morph mesh with a standard base mesh exported from MorphMaker. Keep in mind that presets link to an overlay texture that can define those folds and shadows, so you may need to make your own.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Oct 2020 at 7:42 PM
Hello,

Yes, I am using the original BGEO morph exported as an .ms3d file as the base mesh.  

Ah,  I hadn't thought of cloning a base sim...   I'll try that!  Thanks for the heads up!  :D  I'll get back to you if I have any weird problems.    

THANK YOU for all your help!  I appreciate it.   
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 26th Oct 2020 at 12:20 AM
OooO!  Lookie what I found!  I just have to see if one of these hundreds of presets will work!

Zerbu's More CAS presets mod!
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Oct 2020 at 10:39 AM Last edited by porkypine : 27th Oct 2020 at 5:16 PM. Reason: removed the morph files so people don't try to download them
Oh Cmar!... :D  I've been mashing meshes again.  lol

I built my sim in CAS and then I used your TS4SimRipper and extracted my sims mesh to tweak it a bit. It's the full face preset I wanted for the most part even though the mesh is a bit distorted from what it looks like in CAS. I want to modify the mesh using MS3d but I don't know how to get it back into the game.    Morphmaker chokes and dies when making the BEGO. I'd surmise that it does not like the base model coming from the ripper. I'd much rather fiddle with the mesh directly than work the awkward CAS controls.  Is this possible or just something I should put on my future tools wish list?  The sim set I'm working on are difficult to model/sculpt with the CAS tools, especially J-Hope.  The whole shape of his face changes when he turns.  He is very hard to sculpt in CAS.  and somewhere between all the tools used his mouth is very downturned so the mesh changes between Milkshape and CAS and then the game changes it again.  But I am stubborn and not giving up yet.  :D  The sculpt so for is not bad but I am going to attempt making a facemask to make the sim look more like the real person...  and I need to make eyebrows too.

I've attached my sim's mesh and the game save file if you want to look at them.  Oh!  In the games' save file the name was in Korean so the sims' mesh shows up near the bottom in the Ripper with ?? where the Hangul letters were.  호석 J-Hope  정 - Jung, 정  호석 = Jung Hosoek

Unhandled exception error:
See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.
************** Exception Text **************
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at MorphTool.Form1.BGEOgo_button_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4250.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
TS4MorphMaker
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///H:/BACKUP/Desktop/Sims4-tools/TS4MorphMaker_4_3_0_0/TS4MorphMaker.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4250.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4200.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4084.0 built by: NET48REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
s4pi.Package
    Assembly Version: 2002.10.2050.28502
    Win32 Version: 2002.10.2050.28502
    CodeBase: file:///H:/BACKUP/Desktop/Sims4-tools/TS4MorphMaker_4_3_0_0/s4pi.Package.DLL
s4pi.Interfaces
    Assembly Version: 2002.10.2049.28497
    Win32 Version: 2002.10.2049.28497
    CodeBase: file:///H:/BACKUP/Desktop/Sims4-tools/TS4MorphMaker_4_3_0_0/s4pi.Interfaces.DLL
PresentationFramework
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4220.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/PresentationFramework/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/PresentationFramework.dll
WindowsBase
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4220.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/WindowsBase/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/WindowsBase.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
PresentationCore
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/PresentationCore/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/PresentationCore.dll
System.Xaml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xaml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xaml.dll
System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4190.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
WindowsFormsIntegration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/WindowsFormsIntegration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/WindowsFormsIntegration.dll
PresentationFramework.Aero2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/PresentationFramework.Aero2/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/PresentationFramework.Aero2.dll
PresentationFramework-SystemXml
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4084.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/PresentationFramework-SystemXml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/PresentationFramework-SystemXml.dll
s4pi.Settings
    Assembly Version: 2002.10.2049.28496
    Win32 Version: 2002.10.2049.28496
    CodeBase: file:///H:/BACKUP/Desktop/Sims4-tools/TS4MorphMaker_4_3_0_0/s4pi.Settings.DLL
************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.
For example:
<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>
When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#6 Old 27th Oct 2020 at 11:49 AM
You can't use SimRipper meshes in MorphMaker, they're appended together and their format may be changed. I suppose it might be possible if you save it in all separate meshes as an obj and then separate the head to use as the morph, but SimRipper isn't made to export compatible meshes so I doubt it.

When I said you can use an exported mesh as the morph I meant a mesh exported from MorphMaker's previews. You can't use just any head mesh. Try searching for an Asian preset, clone it, preview it, export the head mesh, and use that as a starting point.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th Oct 2020 at 4:59 PM
ok. I'll try to do that.  thank you for your patience.