Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

UPDATED: Warrior Career (Custom Carpools, Uniforms, and Reward)

by FennShysa Posted 19th Jul 2007 at 10:58 PM - Updated 3rd Mar 2011 at 6:00 PM by whiterider

66 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 62 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 3
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#51 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 10:42 PM
"1: Any houses, furnitures and any jobs i download doesn't work so this one counts too."

I don't understand the nature of your complaint. Are you saying that some other downloads of yours are incompatible with my career? I didn't notice any problems when I tested the career. I don't know why it would interfere with houses in any event.

"2: Check clothes from Rose (www.rosesims2.net) go to download, clothing then swing around the pages to find cool warrior clothes."

I'm sure Rose's stuff is very good, in fact, I'm sure I have some of it in my own game. However, I would need her permission to use her clothes in my career, and I normally try to keep my stuff somewhat self-contained since I have had mixed success in getting permission from creators in the past.

"Cuz those clothes aren't for warriors. Nevermind, can u help me with installing?"

I'm not the best person in the world for making clothes by any means, but I thought I did pretty well. There's chainmail on the outfits and I removed zippers and modern features from the clothes as best I could without changing the mesh (I don't mesh). There are install instructions in the first post, where are you having difficulties?

"It's true? ok then can u try to create a work for FF?"

Yes, it's true. I have created careers by request before. But what is FF? If it stands for Final Fantasy then I don't think I have enough knowledge of the subject to create a career for it.

Feel free to PM me with career requests. I don't guarantee I'll do any particular one, but I'll consider each.
Test Subject
#52 Old 22nd Jan 2009 at 4:50 PM
Yea its final fantasy.

The instructions says that u need to extract the file. I cant extract .rar files

U can create p.e.:

1.Theif
2.Swordsman
3.Gunner
4.Mage
5.Ninja
Etc...U see what i mean?
Test Subject
#53 Old 22nd Jan 2009 at 4:51 PM
I mean that every work counts cuz any works can be downloaded by me ._.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#54 Old 22nd Jan 2009 at 8:45 PM
WinRAR is easily located on the internet and will allow you to extract the files.

I will probably not be creating Final Fantasy specific careers because I don't know enough about the subject to create a decent career based on it. However, I have been creating careers based on Dungeons & Dragons and they might serve as substitutes for some of the ones you've asked for. Fighter for Swordsman, Magic for Mage, etc. I'll probably do a Thief career at some point based on the thief class in D&D, but I don't know when that will be.

Feel free to PM me with career requests. I don't guarantee I'll do any particular one, but I'll consider each.
Test Subject
#55 Old 29th Jan 2009 at 6:39 PM
lol k.
Wel i have WinRAR but furniture dont apear in thegame when i paste the files to "downloads"
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#56 Old 30th Jan 2009 at 5:00 PM
Which furniture are you talking about? The career reward?

Test Subject
#57 Old 31st Jan 2009 at 9:45 AM
Any furniture V.V
Test Subject
#58 Old 31st Jan 2009 at 9:46 AM
can u tell me what do u need to create jobs?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#59 Old 2nd Feb 2009 at 9:18 PM Last edited by FennShysa : 2nd Feb 2009 at 9:26 PM.
Well, if you're having a problem with other creator's items you should probably ask them about it. Maybe they can help you out.

To create careers you will first need a copy of SimPE . Then you should check the Create section on this site. There are lots of tutorials there that can help you. That's how I got started.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#60 Old 16th Mar 2009 at 11:30 PM
I'm guessing you restored one of my files. Thanks. It's been a couple of days since I've logged on so you got to it before I noticed.

Test Subject
#61 Old 16th Aug 2009 at 12:04 PM
Hey there. The overview of this thing is fantastic, especially for my Oblivion themed neighbourhood (thinking of doing an Oblivion themed anything, perhaps? >>; Thought it'd give it a shot at asking...), trouble is I can't seem to get it to work.

Like Ninja before me, with the career properly installed, it freezes at the loading splash. Doesn't even scroll any of the "Reticulating Splines" blah.

I have the Double Deluxe version (Nightlife + Celebration Stuff) as well as University installed, so that clears the expansion factor out.

Was there something I missed in your replies to Ninja that could fix that up? Maybe one of the carpools needed a specific EP like Seasons or something?
Field Researcher
#62 Old 24th Oct 2009 at 3:43 PM
Some more compatibility-related information that might help...
I have the Deluxe edition (base game & Nightlife) and nothing else. Of course, when I downloaded this career last year, I didn't realize I needed Uni for it. D'oh. So, the next time I ran the game, it crashed at "Replacing Wheel Bearings," and I figured out it was the custom carpools that were causing the problem. I deleted those files, and then I didn't have access to a computer with a good enough graphics card to run the game until recently. I had forgotten what happened, so when I had a sim in my custom neighborhood take the job, naturally the carpool never showed up and I remembered pretty quickly So... I bought him a car, and now he's able to get to and from work. However, I earned the required skill points for promotion, and he's not getting promoted. I don't understand how not having Uni would interfere with that, but you know, I should have paid attention to the requirements in the first place!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#63 Old 2nd Nov 2011 at 11:51 PM
I admit, I laughed at the carpool.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#64 Old 14th Jul 2013 at 9:56 AM
maeglinhiei and arwentroi: Since I'm replying four years after you posted (sorry for that, real life interfered with my gaming ambitions) I'm sure this isn't going to help you very much, but I don't know what the problem could be causing the game to crash. It worked for me when I tested it. Will the game crash if the only custom content you have is this career (and the stuff that goes with it)? If not, then it seems like maybe a conflict with some other custom content. If I had any notion before what the problem might be I have forgotten it in the intervening years. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

icebox123: Glad you enjoyed it.

Test Subject
#65 Old 11th Aug 2015 at 1:26 AM
Omg XD
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#66 Old 5th Mar 2016 at 6:23 PM
Thank You
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#67 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 11:00 PM
Thank you.
Page 3 of 3