Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Mini Tropical Beach With Waves

by Snowhaze Posted 2nd Apr 2017 at 2:52 PM - Updated 3rd Apr 2017 at 12:20 PM by Snowhaze : Adjusted Text and Requirements

53 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 27 Feedback Posts, 25 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 4th Apr 2017 at 7:45 PM
Default Lot not Appearing in Gallery
Quote: Originally posted by BlackQueen1212
I know I installed in Tray file correctly, but it does not show. I have had this problem before, so usually, I end up downloading lots from the gallery. Is there a way to find the lots there? I love this very much and used the wave emitter in Tropical Pool 6, and it works very well. Thanks much for your additions to TS4!

If you downloaded the Lot with the UNZIP Programme try this : When you get the files in your UNZIP Programme DO NOT EXTRACT THEM BUT: ( I actually did all that but the lot still did not appear,)::
Cut and Paste each file to YOUR Tray Folder and after that it SHOULD appear in your Library, mine did, the problem was that the file numbers in my Tray Folder were different to the ones that were in my unzip programme when I did it , so Extracting them straight from my Unzip Programme did not work.
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 4th Apr 2017 at 7:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BlackQueen1212
Thanks so much for your troubleshooting, if I had not read your response, there are so many lots I would have missed out on! My heroine!

Thanks for that glad you sorted it too, don't know why the files have different numbers in unzip programme to the actual Tray ones strange.
Sorry I never saw this before I just replied to your other post!
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 4th Apr 2017 at 7:57 PM
Default Lot not showing up in Library
Quote: Originally posted by simkatie7
Ugh it still doesn't and I've followed your instructions!!!

If you downloaded the Lot with the UNZIP Programme try this : When you get the files in your UNZIP Programme DO NOT EXTRACT THEM BUT: ( I actually did all that but the lot still did not appear,)::
Cut and Paste each file to YOUR Tray Folder and after that it SHOULD appear in your Library, mine did, the problem was that the file numbers in my Tray Folder were different to the ones that were in my unzip programme when I did it , so Extracting them straight from my Unzip Programme did not work.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#29 Old 5th Apr 2017 at 3:38 AM
No one does it better than you Snowhaze. Thank you for another great lot.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#30 Old 5th Apr 2017 at 3:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mendota
No one does it better than you Snowhaze. Thank you for another great lot.

Hi,
That was so sweet. Thank you.

Snowhaze
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#31 Old 7th Apr 2017 at 10:30 PM
This lot is *everything*. I absolutely love it. Thank you so much for this great beach!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#32 Old 18th Apr 2017 at 1:47 AM Last edited by Enki : 18th Apr 2017 at 5:49 PM.
Would you mind listing what effects you added, how you made them stack and be continous? Problem is, the game doesn't let me place your lot, because I'm on a lower game version than you (february/vampires gp). I downloaded the effect player and tested with the effect lake_wave_simple, which gives me one small, one-time wave.

edit: nevermind, I figured it out, you add loop:x to the effect name
Instructor
THANKS POST
#33 Old 19th Apr 2017 at 10:11 AM
fav place to go for date I setted it as swimming pool so cool
Test Subject
#34 Old 20th Apr 2017 at 8:49 PM
How do I get waves working on other lots?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#35 Old 20th Apr 2017 at 10:10 PM
looks amazing but nah, mine dosent show up either in my library and I have followed all the instructions but then I have version 1.29.69.1020 and it might not work with this???????????
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#36 Old 21st Apr 2017 at 3:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StarlightShadowDancer
looks amazing but nah, mine dosent show up either in my library and I have followed all the instructions but then I have version 1.29.69.1020 and it might not work with this???????????

Hi,
When you unzipped the zip file did you take the Tray files out of the resulting folder and place them into the tray individually? Several people before you were unaware that the files must be removed from the folder first.

Snowhaze
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#37 Old 21st Apr 2017 at 3:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ohmyfluck
How do I get waves working on other lots?

Hi,
To get effects like the wave on other lots you must place the effect emitters on your lot and then program them with the desired effect. If you go to Andrew's Studio at: http://sims4studio.com/thread/2617/andrews-studio, you will find instructions on how to use the emitters. You can also download a list of effects from there for you to choose from.

Snowhaze
Test Subject
#38 Old 22nd Apr 2017 at 5:53 PM
Awesome! Thank you so much! Just one more thing, I found the list, I'm just not sure which code to use for the waves, there's a lot of different water listed but I didn't see anything about waves, I'm sorry for being a pest!

Quote: Originally posted by Snowhaze
Hi,
To get effects like the wave on other lots you must place the effect emitters on your lot and then program them with the desired effect. If you go to Andrew's Studio at: http://sims4studio.com/thread/2617/andrews-studio, you will find instructions on how to use the emitters. You can also download a list of effects from there for you to choose from.

Snowhaze
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#39 Old 23rd Apr 2017 at 7:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ohmyfluck
Awesome! Thank you so much! Just one more thing, I found the list, I'm just not sure which code to use for the waves, there's a lot of different water listed but I didn't see anything about waves, I'm sorry for being a pest!

Hi,
This method is really handy because it works with any emitter has been already programmed, on any lot. Just bring your Sim to the lot in question, pause the game and then place your cursor over a visible emitter (do not click on it). Then you will see the code the emitter was programmed with. Copy it down exactly. You can use the code on another emitter, anywhere you like and reproduce the effect. To find the location of the visible emitter on this lot, check the lot pictures.

On the same note, take time to try out some of the effects that sound like they might be interesting to you on Andrew's list. You might find yourself inspired.

Snowhaze
Test Subject
#40 Old 25th Apr 2017 at 12:27 PM
Hi,
This method is really handy because it works with any emitter has been already programmed, on any lot. Just bring your Sim to the lot in question, pause the game and then place your cursor over a visible emitter (do not click on it). Then you will see the code the emitter was programmed with. Copy it down exactly. You can use the code on another emitter, anywhere you like and reproduce the effect. To find the location of the visible emitter on this lot, check the lot pictures.

On the same note, take time to try out some of the effects that sound like they might be interesting to you on Andrew's list. You might find yourself inspired.

Snowhaze

I'm using TS4 crack version so i can't update it to a new update and i tried to get that code you wrote it in andrew fx.txt but didn't find it, so plz can you write it to me ?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#41 Old 25th Apr 2017 at 12:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MDAl-Zahrani
I'm using TS4 crack version so i can't update it to a new update and i tried to get that code you wrote it in andrew fx.txt but didn't find it, so plz can you write it to me ?

Hi,

ep02_lake_wave_curl

Mind you, it may not work unless you have Get Together.

Snowhaze
Test Subject
#42 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 10:07 PM
Hi,

ep02_lake_wave_curl

Mind you, it may not work unless you have Get Together.

Snowhaze

Thank you so much
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#43 Old 6th May 2017 at 3:35 PM
I might have already commented before Idk if I have then *oops* but this beach is amazing! I love it to pose my mermaids at with merman simmers tails. (:
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#44 Old 8th May 2017 at 4:09 PM
I love the beach!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#45 Old 27th May 2017 at 10:52 AM
It looks so relaxing, I want to go there too.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#46 Old 4th Jun 2017 at 7:38 PM
This is beautiful. I put it on the 50x50 lot in Oasis Springs and would like to make it a resort for my sims. If I credit you (and all the CC used), would it be okay to upload? Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#47 Old 19th Jun 2017 at 9:32 PM
WHoa! You even got waves??? I need this in game RIGHT NOW! Can't wait to play with it!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#48 Old 19th Jun 2017 at 9:32 PM
WHoa! You even got waves??? I need this in game RIGHT NOW! Can't wait to play with it!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#49 Old 4th Jul 2017 at 11:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NicerHomesnLots
This is beautiful. I put it on the 50x50 lot in Oasis Springs and would like to make it a resort for my sims. If I credit you (and all the CC used), would it be okay to upload? Thanks!

Hi,
Sure.

Snowhaze
Instructor
THANKS POST
#50 Old 15th Aug 2017 at 11:23 PM
Thank you
Page 2 of 3