Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Nov 2008 at 10:38 AM
Sims 2 Music Categories
i renamed one music folder accidentally from C:\Documents and Settings\Go\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Music

problem is i dont know what the previous name of that folder was. it seems i cant do the "undo rename" option anymore due to other stuff i renamed in other non related sim folders.

anyway here are the folders with their respective names:
bigband
build
buy
cas
classical
collegerock
country
hiphop
housemix
jamband
jazz
metal
newage
nhood
newwave
oldies
pop
reggae
rnb
salsa
shopping
and this(accidentally renamed folder ending in "ix" i think)
surf
techno
world

anyone know what that folder's previous name (enclosed in parenthesis) was?

i dont know if renaming that folder made any sort of changes in the sims game, but im just sort of curious about it.
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 29th Nov 2008 at 10:48 AM
Indiewave maybe?
Scholar
#3 Old 29th Nov 2008 at 11:12 AM
I checked my Music folder and I have all the listed music genres, there's nothing between Shopping and Surf. The only folder ending with -ix is Housemix. Could it be that you somehow copied your Housemix folder but after system said there were two folders with the same name, you had to rename it? In that case that renamed folder is a double of Housemix and I believe it can be deleted :/ You can check the size of both folders' content and if it's the same, I'd guess the renamed folder is a double indeed.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 29th Nov 2008 at 12:02 PM
The only reason you would need to worry about this is if you have your own music in the game, or if you have created custom radio stations. If you haven't, then you can safely delete the entire Music folder and the game will regenerate this when you restart the game.
Locked thread