Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Nov 2008 at 11:03 PM
Sims 2 miscarriages, premature labor, and flase labor?!
Okay so 2 days ago my sim went into false labor and it tripped me out, but I just ignored it and went on with things.
But today my other sim completely lost her baby! I don't know how or why but I was just blow away.
I don't know if this is a hack I've download by accident or if it's something maxis put in the game.
Anyone had this happen?

Stand up for what you believe in, even if you stand alone.
My exchange page (50+ creations)
Advertisement
#2 Old 8th Nov 2008 at 11:05 PM
Im pretty sure it comes with inteen. It might be insim though. Do you have those installed?
Alchemist
#3 Old 8th Nov 2008 at 11:06 PM
It's part of the Inteenimater.

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 8th Nov 2008 at 11:07 PM
Okay, I do have inTeen, and I was freaking out. That's an interesting feature.

Alchemist
#5 Old 8th Nov 2008 at 11:07 PM
Yep, It is defo Inteen
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 8th Nov 2008 at 11:39 PM
There is a flavor pack to prevent miscarriage.
Instructor
#7 Old 9th Nov 2008 at 12:28 PM
Just a stupid question.... what version of the game are you playing, because I was under the impression that Inteem was not yet updated for AL?
Test Subject
#8 Old 13th Nov 2008 at 9:54 PM
Yes, this happened to me when I happened to be pregnant and I bawled my eyes out! You betta believe I uninstalled that Flavor Pack asap.
Inventor
#9 Old 14th Nov 2008 at 12:29 AM
Thsi is why you always should read the read me

Yeah OK I admit I've done it in the past too... didn't read about the flavour packs and this happened

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#10 Old 14th Nov 2008 at 4:30 PM
Let that be a lesson to you all! *wags finger sternly*
NEVER install new hacks, mods or content without first knowing exactly what they do, exactly what they 'clash' with and exactly which game version they are for. Mods like Inteenimater are major mods- they impact on a lot of areas- and have many components, options and a lot of documentation. I always recommend making a backup before installing new content too- and 'quarantining' new content so that you know where it is if it causes problems is a good idea.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 14th Nov 2008 at 4:36 PM
Well I had an old version of Inteen like forever and ever ago but a million computers later I decided to reinstall it and didn't know they'd changed it that much
And I am using AL but I downloaded inteen before I got AL and I've not had any problems.

#12 Old 17th Nov 2008 at 12:10 AM
You're using the FT version with AL? That won't end well.

It's kind of weird not having to worry about my Sims miscarrying, after using the InTeen from... Nightlife up through FT, I think. Surprised I actually miss that element of gameplay :O
Instructor
#13 Old 20th Nov 2008 at 3:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mbunnell
Well I had an old version of Inteen like forever and ever ago but a million computers later I decided to reinstall it and didn't know they'd changed it that much
And I am using AL but I downloaded inteen before I got AL and I've not had any problems.

I was using the FT version of Inteen after installing AL and it worked fine, except for one thing that I noticed. If you try to woohoo in the helicopter it will totally glitch. It is actually pretty freaky, but interesting at the same time. One of the sims, I'm pretty sure it would be the first one that entered the copter, would replace the propeller and the woohoo would never happen. Other than that I saw no problems with the FT version of Inteen with AL installed.

I was waiting for the much anticipated update of Inteen, to find out that Jase had major issues with his computer and lost all the work he has done. Real shame and much empathy for Jase.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 20th Nov 2008 at 3:33 AM
That's a shame, I've been waiting for the AL update of Inteen too. I've never used Inteen before, but it sounds pretty good, so I'd like to give it a go! I wouldn't dare use the FT version though, I'm way too paranoid about hacks etc wrecking my game!
Test Subject
#15 Old 6th Apr 2010 at 10:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mbunnell
Okay, I do have inTeen, and I was freaking out. That's an interesting feature.

So what can you do to MAKE miscarriage possible? I have inteen (OFB version 1) and the Period hack, but miscarriage just doesn't happen in my game. Call me strange, but I like that element of realism and surprise. Do I need to download a different version of inteen, and if so; which one?
Scholar
#16 Old 6th Apr 2010 at 11:27 AM
1) Dont install the flavour pack that prevent miscarriage

2) Let several needs like like energy and comfort drop into deep red. Hunger is a bit dangerous for the sim itself so watch it closely.
Locked thread | Locked by: mangaroo Reason: Inteen support at Simbology