Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Sep 2008 at 12:29 PM
Default What do you think would make Sims 2 better?
I'm not saying sims 2 isn't good, of course! But sometimes even the littlests things could make the sims 2 better. Like for example..
1. I'd want more lifestagers, especially one between toddler and child.
2. Instead of having the 'end services' option for maids, I'd want a 'fire' option so it could be more fun
3. More infant options.. all they do is poop and sleep
4. A buyable laptop
5. More pets such as ferrets and lizards!

So what do you think would make sims 2 even better?
Advertisement
#2 Old 6th Sep 2008 at 1:09 PM
Although there are annoying things that happen in the sims 2 (like glitches and sims getting stuck behind someone or something), I honestly wouldn't change anything It's an amazing game with so many features, and I love how it's designed so that I can always download custom content that I want to add to my game on my own
#3 Old 10th Sep 2008 at 7:00 AM
A drop down menu at the launcher which would let us choose which lot we want to enter so that could go through all three loading screens in one go without having to keep choosing.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 10th Sep 2008 at 10:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist_
A drop down menu at the launcher which would let us choose which lot we want to enter so that could go through all three loading screens in one go without having to keep choosing.

Now that would be good. Or perhaps just a "load previously played lot" option. I tend to play the same family for quite some time before moving on, so that'd really make loading quicker.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 10th Sep 2008 at 10:28 AM
Hmm, I love Sims as they are but it'd be awesome if they didn't whine when something was in their way instead of just sidestepping it. Or when one Sim is making food on the counter and the other wants to cook something too, then instead of whining and putting everything down, find the nearest empty surface. (dinner table, end table, office desk etc.)

To sum it up, make the Sims just a tad more clever.

Call me Dana. :)
Dana's Sims - 100% free custom content
#6 Old 10th Sep 2008 at 4:08 PM
Longer time in between stages!
I really miss my beautiful teenagers...

and..

I DON'T LIKE THEM DYING SO FAST!
Scholar
#7 Old 10th Sep 2008 at 5:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Spicycookies
5. More pets such as ferrets and lizards!

DITTO!

Also I want the baby items that were going to be in apartment life.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 10th Sep 2008 at 6:41 PM
One thing I've been thinking about lately is, I wish that there was an option for parents to teach children how to cook. Maybe teach them how to make sandwiches or anything microwavable, really basic food. Children could gain cooking points from it and it'd be another way for them to interact together.

I'd love smarter sims too - stop complaining to me that you have to use the bathroom and just GO!
Test Subject
#9 Old 10th Sep 2008 at 7:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LegolianM
One thing I've been thinking about lately is, I wish that there was an option for parents to teach children how to cook. Maybe teach them how to make sandwiches or anything microwavable, really basic food. Children could gain cooking points from it and it'd be another way for them to interact together.

I'd love smarter sims too - stop complaining to me that you have to use the bathroom and just GO!

Now that you mention that, you know what would be cute? Children baking cookies with their parents.

Oh hell, just the ability to bake cookies (aside from those santa cookies) in general really.

I'd also agree with more pets, reptiles would be sweet for those sims that don't go for cuddly.

Other than that and the obvious "better AI", I'd love even more interactions between children, children and adults, things like that. You know, the cute stuff And I'm sure a million things that aren't coming to mind right now.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 10th Sep 2008 at 7:12 PM
Oh and also, I'd love longer pregnancy (unless there's a hack I missed?) because pregnant Sims are just *so* cute!

Call me Dana. :)
Dana's Sims - 100% free custom content
Mad Poster
#11 Old 11th Sep 2008 at 6:58 PM
I wish you could modify terrain in the hood - at least being able to lay out roads, sometimes you figure out while in game that a road here would be just perfect.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 11th Sep 2008 at 10:41 PM
Definitely make them smarter. I'd also like things to be more flexible, i.e. age. I love that there are different stages, but would love more, particularly a younger child and middle-aged adult.

Most of the things I'd change are going to be in Sims 3, although I don't know if I'll buy it immediately. There is still so much to do in Sims 2.
#13 Old 12th Sep 2008 at 6:53 AM
The one thing for me is,the game need to load quicker.
Original Poster
#14 Old 13th Sep 2008 at 7:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kirsi
It would be cool if you could alter a Sim's voice in The Sims 2, but I doubt that will ever happen.

That would be best the thing ever. I'd definitely want THAT!

It would also be cool if instead of hair being so stiff all the time besides from the small animations you get when your sims turn around, that the hair would actually be loose lets say if you sim hangs upside down or somethin', then the hair would fall out of place, too! That would be so awesome. I don't know if I'm getting threw to anyone here.. lol :D
#15 Old 4th Nov 2008 at 1:53 PM
One thing that I've always wanted for the sims 2 was a "refresh" option. I usually download CC while the game is open, and it's a pain to have to close it, load it again, and load a lot just to see what I've downloaded. Then if i'm missing a mesh I have to close the game and start all over :hmm: it would be much easier if I could just hit a button and the new CC would show up.
Test Subject
#16 Old 4th Nov 2008 at 2:01 PM
animated hair would be cool. :D

But I want want want a pre-teen lifestage.
When I try to make people's self-sims (for my cousins) I can't. >>;
Or for a preschooler. YES. And more interactions between baby and toddler. The adults are way to spoiled. ):
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 4th Nov 2008 at 2:08 PM
One thing that would make the game better is if EAxis got rid of paysites... paysites are still not legal under the EULA, yet they're "buddy buddy" with TSR. >.>

I wish they'd start tweaking the AI and use a Seasons engine for their stuff packs as well, so that people like Lord Darcy wouldn't have to update everything for them.

Instructor
#18 Old 4th Nov 2008 at 2:42 PM
I think it would be really nice if your sims broke up the one that did wrong would instead of doing bad stuff (this would all depend on thier life long relationship and I guess other factors) But I would like them to bring them gifts, shower them with flowers like you see in romantic movies. These flowers would only be availible for such situations like the date flowers so it would not be regurgitated buy mode items.
Also if its a single parent, I would love the missing parent (if he/she is still alive, just not in the house) come by. I know when the kid gets older the missing parent does come by but they don't really interact with the kids purposefully. I want that parent to come over and or call the kid atleast once a week and make a friendship with the kid. Come over when they are babies and help out, do things aside sit on thier butt and play poker with the elders of the home.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 4th Nov 2008 at 3:14 PM
I would like an option to set certain cheats and/or hacks by neighbourhood. So if I want a caveman neighbourhood, for example and a seperate normal neighbourhood, I could have it work without switching folders or having seperate logins on the computer
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 4th Nov 2008 at 3:46 PM
besides the loading screen, the game is perfect
#21 Old 5th Nov 2008 at 3:36 AM
I would love for my Sims to have picnics, especially on dates. They had it in Sims 1 and i always thought it was so cute and romantic.
#22 Old 5th Nov 2008 at 4:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GogoFirefly
I would love for my Sims to have picnics, especially on dates. They had it in Sims 1 and i always thought it was so cute and romantic.

LOL.
That would be in the sims 3. ;]
I love that to be in the the sims 2 though.
I always want sims to do crazy things.
Like bungee- jumping or going to a carnival. >w<;
Some things we do in real life and I wish there would be more voices.
Because the child stage was so annoying, the voices were the same. ;[
#23 Old 5th Nov 2008 at 5:38 AM
-more pet types (like add one new pet per expansion or something) and/or more interactions and behavior diversity for already existing pets.
-more interaction differentiation between family members and other sims (mmm that falls into "better AI" that's already been mentioned, so...better AI)
-more stuff that is available for sim kids to do.
-less complaining about silly stuff (still "better AI")
transmogrified
retired moderator
#24 Old 17th Nov 2008 at 5:06 AM
Gossip with consequences. My Sims are constantly getting caught on dates by relatives of someone they've dated before. They rack up a huge negative relationship score with that relative but the news never gets back to the Sim they're "cheating" on.

Beyond better AI, I would like the ability to "program" a Sim's reactions to an event. For instance, if a married Sim has an affair and gets pregnant, the game knows the offspring is not her husband's. The husband knows the child isn't his. But he doesn't react as if he caught his wife having an affair. I would like the option to decide whether he's furious or ignorant, and if he's ignorant, he and the child should throw the normal parent/child wants.

I also want the ability to send a Sim away from a lot and continue to play the Sims remaining rather than follow the Sim leaving. FT gave us hiking and jogging, which is a good start, but 1) the Sim has to have the proper level of hobby enthusiasm to do either, and 2) they're only away for an hour.
#25 Old 19th Nov 2008 at 8:03 PM
-I wish it took less time to save and load lots, then you could actually use the features available at community lots more often.
-as some have said, more infant/toddler interactions, currently that stage is a chore, I'd like to have more interactions available, so it could be more enjoyable.
-as others have mentioned, better AI.
-baking, I remember that was one of the first things that popped into mind when playing with seasons in the winter, or rainy seasons, "wouldn't it be nice if they could bake with the kids...?"
-I just think it's not realistic how kids/teens can't get lectured by their parents (they can, but I'd like to see it be an option) or argue with them about things, like teens/kids often do.. It's a little too mary sunshine, if all the children are best buds with their parents.
Page 1 of 2