Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Mar 2008 at 8:45 AM
Default How ethniticies have you ever made?
This is funny.... I am wondering how many "ethnic" sims you have made. When I talk about ethnic I mean sims you can "distinguish" from other sims by name, look etc. Not "Simerican" or "forgotten heritage". By the way, black, asian, hispanic or white do not count because I'm talking about specific cultures and not races.

I am trying to remember the ethnic sims I have made......

Chinese
Japanese
Mexican
Georgian
Hungarian
Norwegian
English
Greek
Iraqi
Jewish
Irish
Iranian
French

Tell me about yours!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 5th Mar 2008 at 9:44 AM
This is one of my favorite things to do! I once made a whole neighborhood filled with houses of different families from different ethnicities and then had them all intermarry to see what I came up with! That might sound really strange/racist to some, but it was a great fun cultural experiment I contained within the Sims!
I had:
Jewish
Saudi Arabian
Japanese
Puerto Rican
Hawaiian/Maori
East Indian (I have a LOT of Indian families, always!)
Italian
Inventor
#3 Old 5th Mar 2008 at 10:29 AM
I made a whole village of Pygmees once..

Don't ask me why, it seemed fun at the time. I Even made them shorter with the stretch skeleton cheat and all. But it wasn't really playable, with their height the animations and such were all crap.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Mar 2008 at 10:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by notacleverusername
This is one of my favorite things to do! I once made a whole neighborhood filled with houses of different families from different ethnicities and then had them all intermarry to see what I came up with! That might sound really strange/racist to some, but it was a great fun cultural experiment I contained within the Sims!
I had:
Jewish
Saudi Arabian
Japanese
Puerto Rican
Hawaiian/Maori
East Indian (I have a LOT of Indian families, always!)
Italian

Why is it racist to intermarry? lol.....
I am planning on making an asian male/black female couple and let them have kids.
Theorist
#5 Old 5th Mar 2008 at 10:59 AM
I've only make Americans (obviously LOL), Chinese, and Japanese. Because all their cultural stuff are provided by Maxis so I don't need to hunt the CC :D
Alchemist
#6 Old 5th Mar 2008 at 11:19 AM
Most of my sims have English names but they aren't either British or American...they're what I like to call "anglo-european". But among them I do have a couple of sims particularly of Irish and Scottish descent, and a couple of French ones. I don't really think about my sims' ethnicities much.

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Inventor
#7 Old 5th Mar 2008 at 11:23 AM
Mhh for playable sims I guess only 4; Franco Moretti, my local Maffia Godfather. But he's just in the 'hood to add flavour and I often use him to test new lots or features.

Then there is Yashida Masada, a Japanese Sim.
Belinda Hernandez, (Mexican) now married to Rick Hunter, so goes through life as Belinda Hunter now.
And Edduardo Guerrero, also Mexican and my local Don Lothario He looks like a cross between the late wrestler Eddie Guerrero and Antonio Banderas.

Other then that I have made several townies of different origins. Mostly Morrocan, Turkish, African, Japanese & Chinese.

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Scholar
#8 Old 5th Mar 2008 at 11:24 AM
i dont ever think of my sims as a anything they could be purple but i dont think of them as alien same with my sims which have obvious japanese or african features i dont think of them as that just sims i guess im weird

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
Instructor
#9 Old 5th Mar 2008 at 11:40 AM
Not really, I'd like to, but it would get difficult finding suitable CC. Most of my sims have English names, but that's just to keep them on a different level from my reality, like it's one of the TV shows I watch.
Test Subject
#10 Old 5th Mar 2008 at 11:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by The_Oceanborn
Why is it racist to intermarry? lol.....
I am planning on making an asian male/black female couple and let them have kids.

Well I wasn't just intermarrying them... ok. I made a neighborhood, and tried to make one house of each major "race" (Asian, Indian, Black, Hispanic, White, etc.) And then make them cross breed each other, kind of like a bracket tournament (lol) until I ended up with one final kid who was a mix of all the major races of earth.
I wanted to see what someone like that would look like. I gave up on it though, because it wasn't working out as planned. Due to the game's crazy baby genetics, I'd have a black guy and a white girl have a baby and it would come out looking totally white, etc. You can imagine the limitations.
I want to do it over again, and get it right this time, but I'd need to get some serious hacks/CC and I'm not very big on downloading. Maybe I should put this in the request forums? LOL Imagine that post: "please make me a Sim who is a perfect mix of all major races of earth for my cultural curiosity."
Site Helper
#11 Old 5th Mar 2008 at 11:59 AM
Umm..

Elf
Fairy
demon-spawn
dragon blood
Lendra (weretiger)
various other humanoid animals

Etc.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Field Researcher
#12 Old 5th Mar 2008 at 12:07 PM
Well I don't really have mass groups of certain types, but I have one or two Sims from a few different places.

African - Just one, who's spreading his genes everywhere and giving me nice mixed babies.
Australian - Again, just one, but there are a bunch of mixed ones related to her now.
Chinese - An actual family, their children have yet to grow up and go mix with others.

I had some Japanese but I got bored of them.
Theorist
#13 Old 5th Mar 2008 at 12:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sidneydoj
Umm..

Elf
Fairy
demon-spawn
dragon blood
Lendra (weretiger)
various other humanoid animals

Etc.

Eh we're supposed to talk about ethnicity not an entire new species
Site Helper
#14 Old 5th Mar 2008 at 12:23 PM
I know, but the only pure humans in my custom neighborhoods are the townies. I do have cultural traits for each race.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 5th Mar 2008 at 1:34 PM
My legacy was entirely French. The founder was Estee Lauder, and then all of the offspring had French names. I enjoyed it as it forced me to come up with different names other than the usual English ones I use.

I made a Carribean neighbourhood, and made all Carribean custom townies, but have yet to make any playable families to go in there.
Instructor
#16 Old 5th Mar 2008 at 1:48 PM
I usually do:

Mexican
Puerto Rican (my race)
African American
Australian
British
Asian (I do all types)
Spaniards
Italian
Hawaiian
Samoan

etc.....the list goes on and on

I love to mix my simmies a alot, mostly all of my sim kids are mixed, maybe except a few families that are all one specific race, but then eventually they will marry another ethnic groups child in the neighborhood!!
Test Subject
#17 Old 5th Mar 2008 at 3:46 PM
Some of you people have too much time on your hands @____@
Test Subject
#18 Old 5th Mar 2008 at 4:32 PM
Not many, though I should make more.

I have Europeans, Indian, Chinease, Japanese. And I think you could count one family as having a mix of Japanese and French heritage.
Scholar
#19 Old 5th Mar 2008 at 4:42 PM
I generally make a lot of "ethnic" sims, but I think of a broader region or race rather than country. I include

various Asians, including east and desi
various Latino & Native American
various Caucasian
various African

I don't think of them in terms of which country they come from.

And I have a lot of nonhuman races as well.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 5th Mar 2008 at 4:47 PM
Hmm... actually, all my CAS sims are of a certain ethnicity. I don't think any of them are just "Simerican". The ones I've made so far are:

Greek
Kenyan
Venezuelan
Bulgarian
Japanese
Finnish
Russian
Swedish
Irish
Indonesian
Hawai'ian
Mexican
French
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 5th Mar 2008 at 4:58 PM
I like to have different ethnic groups though I mostly make African American, Japanese, Chinese, and Hispanic. I don't really make many Caucasian sims unless I'm aiming for a story idea or something. I usually download Caucasian sims, can't get their faces right.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 5th Mar 2008 at 5:17 PM
I don't really think about the ethnicity of my sims very much. However, I play with Maxis sims and tend to go along with their names. For instance, the Ramiswamis seem like they are supposed to be of Indian descent, so I name their children accordingly. If you look in Don Lothario's family tree, they seem to have Italian names, so I figure he is Italian. However, as I think of my sims as sims (ie. denizens of Sim World) and not humans, I think this whole ethnicity/naming thing for me is just for fun, and subject to change.

My sims gaming journal. Not very informative.
http://marjchaos.tripod.com/
Forum Resident
#23 Old 5th Mar 2008 at 5:42 PM
The only one I've really done is Indian... I hate having CC just for one family so I make very boring people :D

~*I'm a she*~
The Booty calls to you, you cannot resist it
I use Target and Kodak Gallery for my pictures, you should too... :D
My MTS2|Livejournal|Yearbook|Facebook
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 5th Mar 2008 at 8:55 PM
pleasantview:
guadeloupeens (the mom had 12 kids by 12 people so they've kind og hijacked the neighborhood)
sikhs from vancouver
finns
irish/montserratians

strangetown:
here, i may not make alot of humans, but i like my aliens to be international, as weird as that seems.

blue welsh aliens
gray jewish iranian aliens
brazilians
purple tahitian aliens
turkish muslim aliens
dutch andorian
blueblack british alien
ajay and lola's half indian half alien descendants
#25 Old 5th Mar 2008 at 9:18 PM
Mexican
American
Irish