Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Nov 2008 at 11:19 PM
Default lovers
how do I get my sim to go from being best friends to being a lover? The relationship score is already 100, but it never gives me the option to make out or propose.
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 27th Nov 2008 at 12:05 AM
You can't go straight from best friends to make out/propose. They need to have a crush/in love first. Try flirting, a backrub, a little kiss, etc... Being 100/100 will greatly increase the chances of it going well, but you can't just jump right to the tonsil hockey.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Nov 2008 at 12:15 AM
This is between Betty and Nelson on the HMS Amore... and he seems to have no interest in her that way; he rejects all her advances. She has WooHooed with him a couple times but other than that he ignores her.
Thank you for your response.
Scholar
#4 Old 27th Nov 2008 at 3:05 PM
If they woohooed, then they must be in love, the relationship goes to that level right before they start woohooing. Something is not right with your game, I assume.
#5 Old 27th Nov 2008 at 4:44 PM
Do you by any chance use ACR ?
I do and sims just not falling in love no matter the relationship seems to happen quite frequently if their attraction score is too low.
#6 Old 28th Nov 2008 at 5:19 AM
No he's talking about the sims 2 on the ps2.There's no ACR hack on that one.Nelson is the sim Betty wants to marry.The thing about the ps2 version is that one minute a sim will let you make out with them even if their daily is 100 then the 2nd time your sim tries to makeout with them they push him away and the score drops to 90 and sometimes less.

The Hms Amore is a boat house on one of the levels for those of you who don't own the ps2 version.I own it.Hector the guy that lives on the boat with Nelson is a romance sim and has wohooed Betty in my game even thou she's married to Nelson.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 28th Nov 2008 at 2:10 PM
No idea about the PS2 version of the game; we are more concerned with the REAL version!
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 28th Nov 2008 at 9:27 PM
Haha. Good one, simsample. :D

Now, now. I just wish my guys would be like that (PS2 version) in my game. I mean, ..okay, because you are best friends does not mean you have to fall for each other if you happen to wohoo him! Sheesh! ... and then they remember that *once upon a time* they had fallen in love with him and they crave for it happen again, even if their attraction score is pathetically low. Grrrrr

@Fallon-Fly:
You should tell me the secret to stop this schizophrenic behaviour. I use ACR and they *do* fall in love if their relationship is high and they're best friends -- even with 1 bolt. And I have this who**, Yokito, who has my whole neighbourhood be in love with him. I mean the situation is ridiculous. The moment I will start playing a house my first concern is to check their memories and see who is his new victim. And, no. He is *not* a romance Sim.
Original Poster
#9 Old 29th Nov 2008 at 5:23 AM
thanks for all your input....sharkloverplayer seems to know what I'm talking about... how about this one... what does it mean when stars come out of my sim after eating certain foods..I know what the hearts mean and do, but what are the stars for?
Thanks for being patient with me, I've only started playing a couple months ago.
#10 Old 29th Nov 2008 at 5:43 AM
Stars represent a skill boost.If your sim eats a recipe food that emits stars they will get a skill boost.

You say your sims both have 100 and arn't in love I've seen this happen.Do this get one of your sims to diss the other and bring the score down to the 70s then have him try to plant a kiss on her.Follow this up with a makeout and the score should jump up dramatically.They will then be in love.

Also try making some fruit soup that makes sims fall in love too if your sim gives it to them most of the time.