Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 2:13 AM
Default Has cheating become....
Has cheating become part of your Sims game, or do you not cheat and play the game as intended?

My Answer (ATF 6)
Ever since The Sims (1) I have cheated, I just can't help it. I hate having to wait ages and ages getting money for my Sims to live on, and with the Sims 2, having to worry about bills. That part of life I live through so I don't like my Sims living that way. I also hate babies, I always use the inSim to grow them up, It just bores me having to look after babies day in day out, and I will face that in the future just not in my game.
Advertisement
#2 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 2:15 AM
Me too... I always cheat.. It makes the game easier for me, it's almost like CC... I can't play without it!
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 2:15 AM
I use the occasional maxmotives, and for contest lots i motherlode them silly. General gameplay they earn their own money.

I use testingcheats whenever the game irks me in any way. Is so universally useful.

The humor of a story on the internet is in direct inverse proportion to how accurate the reporting is.
#4 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 2:21 AM
dido.. I also use boolProp allow45degreeangleofrotation true
Instructor
#5 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 2:23 AM
I KILLLLLLL The max motives cheat!! but everything else I dont really bother with!!
Inventor
#6 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 2:28 AM
I try to play with as less cheats as possible. Buildingcheats excluded, they are just buildingfeatures we do need.

Of course I cheat a lot with lots and sims for pictures and movies etc. But I got a special neighbourhood for that too. It doesn't even have real houses, more sets. I do have InSim installed, though. So I can cheat whatever I want when necessary.

but for my legacy family, the only one I play, I use the occasional kaching (because you do need some furniture in a starter-house) and maxMotives. Sometimes aspirationLevel cheat, too.. but that is about it and I try to only do it when things get out of hand.
Test Subject
#7 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 2:37 AM
I try not to cheat whatsoever in any family I play seriously. If I do I feel too guilty to continue playing them. There are exceptions, but that's generally how it goes.

Except building cheats and stuff like that, of course. Still, I feel too guilty to even download Perfect Flowers even though it hinders me in designing gardens.. sigh..
#8 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 2:46 AM
i use cheats unwillingly.. the odd kaching and maxmotives
- gamplay is too boring when you don't have a goal to work towards (mine's usually money) - but then again, i find the richest downtownie to marry and have babies. thats kind of a cheat.

oh wells

oh and i always age babies to toddlers as soon as they're born. babies are borring and hassel.
#9 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 2:47 AM
I cheat as little as possible.

I used to give college graduates a ton of money, but I'm going to download the No20KHandouts or whatever so I don't have to.
But I also use the building cheats - which don't realy count as appelsapgodin said already.

Using hacks - I cheat at a majour event. Birth, marriage, birthday. I max motives with InSIM at those points.
I skip baby stage; static toddler's motives at full green so I don't have to worry about them; and randomize skills once the kids are toddlers. People are born naturally talented, why not?
#10 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 2:48 AM
i use boolprop to pull up certain moods sometimes. i don't cheat for money unless i feel like a sim just HAS to have something, but something big like a community lot. i don't use max motives because i find i get bored when i'm just watching my sims skill. having to get my sims motives up on my own makes the game a little more interesting for me.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 2:49 AM
Wasn't this just on the BBS ?

I give my sims enough money for a moderately nice, liveable house and enough in their pockets to buy groceries and garden seeds, but that's where the cheating stops. The game loses its challenge for me if my sims' needs are constantly fulfilled and if they reproduce at the speed of light. My enjoyment of TS2 lies within the generational, family aspect, and excessive cheating doesn't allow me to experience that.

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
#12 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 2:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AxelValentine
I skip baby stage; static toddler's motives at full green so I don't have to worry about them; and randomize skills once the kids are toddlers. People are born naturally talented, why not?

i do that too sometimes.

also, i give a skill point each time homework is completed
and maybe more when an A+ report card is achieved.

i hate the way a sim doesn't benefit at all whilst being in school.
no skill points, nothing.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 3:07 AM
I learned the cheats, and now I can't play the game without them. I think that when TS3 comes out, I will hold off even looking at the cheats until I absolutely have to.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 3:22 AM
I used to cheat a lot more, I would have my sims' motives maxed out all the time, but it got very boring. Now I only use maxmotives when they have a guest over who I want them to socialize with for a longer time without having to worry about the guest's needs. I use money cheats a lot still because I like to have families with different class demographics, and to properly furnish their homes sometimes.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 5:29 AM
I use allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation - but that's it. I'v never used maxmotives, or gave them extra money. If my people would be rich from the start and always on the green, I probably wouldn't play, where's the fun in easy life.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 5:40 AM
I keep boolprop on because I get bored with chatting, chatting, chatting to get a relationship meter up, and because my pregnant sims have a habit of getting their most important motives depleted (the kind of depletion that leads to death!). I have also been abusing inSIM since I got it (embarrassingly recently), most notably to completely skip the baby stage. Babies are so boring! Bring on the toddlers.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 5:41 AM
Oh, and to go over the family limit. I'm not even sure if it came with insim or what, but my current favorite household has twelve members, with a thirteenth on the way.
Site Helper
#18 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 2:43 PM
I hate having more than 2 sims on a lot, so I don't bother with anything that will increase that. Otherwise I use cheats to fix mistakes I made or to facilitate something I am doing. If I need my new family to be living in the 750,000 castle I just built, they get enough money to move straight into it. If I am watching relationship scores, they get maxmotives every couple of hours so I don't need to keep track of motives. (My newest family hasn't eaten or slept in over a week.) And I have aging off almost all the time unless I have a baby or a child who doesn't have an A+ report card yet.

(Although I just discovered a purpose in the baby stage: Have parents invite guests in, then leave them alone near the baby. When the baby becomes a toddler they are either friends or close to becoming friends with anybody who has spent much time with them. And a toddler with influence to burn is fun! As I mentioned in another thread, I was able to have a toddler get revenge on his nanny for being incompetant. He used influence to have Kennedy Cox fight the nanny!)

I think I am probably going to be cheating to give toddlers more influence in the future.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Instructor
#19 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 3:00 PM
I used to cheat like heck when I first got the game, especially with money cheats, but now I rarely use cheats. I use maxmotives if my simmies are highly involved in an activity I want them to continue, and of course I have the Imsim and Monique's motive painting (because I cannot live without them). I rarely if ever use money cheats now because I've found that there are more than enough money making activities in the game... even to the point of not sending sims to university anymore because I feel they make too much money!
Field Researcher
#20 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 3:02 PM
The only cheat I use pretty much all the time is for money, primarily because ever since I got Nightlife, none of my Sims have had jobs anymore. Why sit and stare at their empty house waiting for them to come home when I can watch them cause drama at a club/park/bowling alley? I enjoy the game a lot more when they're always where I can see them, so they all earn their money through cheats and the occasional painting.

I've occasionally used Insim to boost motives, but only when they'll die if I don't. I like trying to pull them out of red motives myself, so that only happens for extreme emergencies. The only other cheat I use often is moveobjects for stupid stuck things.
#21 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 4:15 PM
I usually go through periods of no cheating at all, and then going a little crazy with the cheating. When I get a new ep, I usually spend a lot of time without cheating, trying to figure out what the new features are and and waiting for hacks to be updated. Then, I'll go through a period where I am sick of taking care of the sims motives so I keep raising them with maxmotives so I can have them spend time doing activities that I want instead of sleeping.

At the beginning of a new neighborhood there is some cheating to set things off the way I want, but once people are settled into their homes and I've got all the families in the right place, I usually stop cheating often. I use it as a tool to mold the game but usually not in place of playing out certain features.
#22 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 5:08 PM
I cheat quite a lot but I'm playing a college Sim at the moment where I WILL NOT CHEAT!
Haha, the only Sim that this no-cheat'll happen on, I think.

Hard compared to using cheats but fun ^_^
Scholar
#23 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 5:11 PM
I usually Maxmotives all my sims... howevs with my legacy family I haven't been. I'm really struggling!
#24 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 5:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Melon Fresh
Has cheating become part of your Sims game, or do you not cheat and play the game as intended?

My Answer (ATF 6)
Ever since The Sims (1) I have cheated, I just can't help it. I hate having to wait ages and ages getting money for my Sims to live on, and with the Sims 2, having to worry about bills. That part of life I live through so I don't like my Sims living that way. I also hate babies, I always use the inSim to grow them up, It just bores me having to look after babies day in day out, and I will face that in the future just not in my game.

I have to agree. Waiting for my sims to make money is just bores me to tears. If I play the game as intended my sim would be poor until they die.. They can never seem to get a break from something always taking their money so I have a hacked computer where they can write the novel faster and another hacked computer where they can work from home writing articles and gain skills at the same time or I can use the other hacked computer and get all their skill within a day. Maxmotives have become part of my game play as I just can't sit and watch and wait for them to spend hours and hours filling their motives and not get the important stuff done. Or I can send them to this hacked shower that fills their motives and mood full. As far as babies, it doesn't bother me to deal with them.. It's the other mundane stuff that really gets on my nerves.

Dragon
#25 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 5:47 PM
I use mam motives occasinally when my sims get up late for work and i want them to get a promotion, but I don't use motherlode as much as I used to.
I alwasy use the insim to age my babys though. It's just so annoying tending to them constantly.
Page 1 of 4