Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
#126 Old 28th Oct 2011 at 10:56 AM
*tries to spam click love*
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#127 Old 7th May 2012 at 2:15 AM
MUAHAHA! I RESURRECT THIS THREAD!

Here's a cemetery I built. It is neither shop or business, but I couldn't find a community lot thread. The editing is all wonky because my memory sucks.

It's pretty low on gravestones for now.

AWW YEAH INCONSISTENCY.

Simblr.
Asks are always open, even to anons. I will always reply to asks, and I do my best to be cordial/less snarky than usual.
Mad Poster
#128 Old 27th May 2012 at 5:04 AM
I built a new H&M store for a custom neighborhood.

Top-down view. Guys' side is on the left, women's on the right.

Figured I'd put some games in the back. If I ever have a Sim buy the place, ya know....

And a little something on the top level--espresso, vending machines, place to sit:

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Instructor
#129 Old 31st May 2012 at 6:48 PM

I built a small, seaside restaurant in Middleground.

The name of the restaurant is Seaside Restaurant. It used to be a residential lot.

I also forgot a newspaper on the lot before zone-changing it. So, because of the way time functions on a community lot, now the newspaper will always be fresh, and, the crossword puzzle will be renewed every time a sim visits the restaurant.

Elephant! Handcuffs! Naughty! Tee hee!
Mad Poster
#130 Old 3rd Jun 2012 at 6:06 AM
I"m not sure why I'm bothering. Putting off going to bed, I guess.

The Hot Spot (proprietor, Luz Ghote, retired roadie) doesn't look like much from the outside.

Actually, you get inside, and it still doesn't look like much. It appears that Luz's husband, who was supposed to pay the utility bill, did not do so; that would explain why she's bundled up. Fortunately, that blonde customer, Polly Esther Skirt, was born in Simdinavia and is cold-hardy. That's Luz's oldest son's house visible through the window. Spying on him while at work did not factor into her choice of locations, but is a delightful bonus.

So far, the game rig and couch have been used by exactly three people - a teen who played the game when I told her to, and this couple, who decided to make out.

The instruments on the patio are by far the most popular feature. I need to put awnings up, as customers getting struck by lightning is bad for business.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
#131 Old 13th Jun 2012 at 3:06 PM
Build a Bear workshop

************ Leah****************
See my Blog https://lolasimsposts.tumblr.com/
Mad Poster
#132 Old 29th Jun 2012 at 5:52 PM

Not exactly a shop or business, just a community lot, and a hard one to take pictures of, at that. But it's the most popular destination in Drama Acres. Cooper Hawkins, taking a reflective walk on the day after his Pa dies, stops to smell the flowers. From here you can see the playground, the bark park, the Gavigan place across the street, and if it weren't down in a hollow you could see the fishing hole.

The pool house has large His & Hers changing rooms. The photo booth on the left is against the wall of the covered stage full of instruments donated by Mary Munny after she became a rock goddess, and the slope again hides a hoops court. You can tell this is the first community lot I made in Sims 2, because not only does it have a ridiculous slope, the doghouses are relics of Sims1, in which someone with a pet couldn't go to a community lot without it, and pets could sleep on community lots, so I always provided comfy places to do so, as well as food bowls. They aren't necessary in Sims2, but I'm used to having them there, and it is good to provide for our four-legged friends.

Forced to retire from his pro basketbase career, Esteban Casa takes out a bank loan and starts a small business. Those are burglar alarm recolors on the back wall.

Here we see him picking a fight with a customer. It's uphill work for the Grouchiest Man in Drama Acres to get a bronze sales badge!

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Top Secret Researcher
#133 Old 30th Jun 2012 at 8:07 AM
These are rather crude pictures.

Ponsonby, infuriated with people certain that he can't run a business, opens one up in Middleground. I should probably rename it, but right now, it's called 'Whatever you like'. I wasn't sure what it would be at first, but this is how it rolled down to.

This is probably the laziest excuse for a business evar, but arguably the most beneficial for a neighborhood. A few of Numenor's ZX Spectrums, a microwave, a mini fridge, a couple of Arcade games, some speakers blasting college rock...

...and a karaoke machine. Topped off with a ticket machine Yes, there is a roof, I was just being lazy. Basically, one would go in and pay for a ticket. Then, they'd either interact socially with others, eat, play on the arcade games, play on the Spectrums, sing karaoke, or write BASIC programs on the ZX Spectrums.

If they chose to write BASIC programs, they would sit there for a long while and type it up. They would be gaining logic/creativity points during the process.

If they left before finishing, Ponsonby would either have to wait until they came back, or be forced to format the microdrive so someone else could type one up. Casper here is crying because he did the latter. I have no idea why Teiji is smiling.

If they finished, they'd sell their program, and Ponny would get a 20% cut. That's how the business made it's money. By ticket sales and BASIC program cuts. All Ponsonby had to do was clean up ramen bowls and bug people about buying a ticket. With the Energizer aspiration reward, he could go days at a time at the business and not break a sweat.

He managed to get a bronze sales badge in the time period due to having plenty of Charisma points and being outgoing.

"C'MON DAD, DON'T LEAVE ME HANGING! DO YOU WANT ME TO GO BROKE!?"
"Ponsonby, please..."
"DO YOU CARE ABOUT MY FUTURE?! DO YOU LOVE ME?!"
"Holy hell, did I raise you like this?"
"DAMMIT, BUY A TICKET, DAD."
"Fine, geez!"

Oh, and it's at rank 4, for those interested. He's the only employee.
Screenshots

Simblr.
Asks are always open, even to anons. I will always reply to asks, and I do my best to be cordial/less snarky than usual.
Field Researcher
#134 Old 30th Jun 2012 at 12:15 PM
My Venice beach

Test Subject
#135 Old 7th Aug 2012 at 12:51 AM
Helloooo, anyone home? *crickets* Ah...well, I shall post anyway!

This is a room I've been working on in my Gym lot.

It's a little breakroom/kitchen/cafe room thingy.

Mind you, it's a WIP.

Sims who are tired of hitting the treadmill can fire up a fitness game on the Wii!

Or they can enjoy the kitchen area stocked with vitamin water and nutrition bars...or w/e it is that healthy sims eat .

*Side note: Please excuse my photos. I'm new at taking pictures :/*
Top Secret Researcher
#136 Old 9th Aug 2012 at 8:05 PM

The Dusty Armadillo is in no way a top scale restaurant. However, I was tired of my sims going to the same place every time they ate, especially since it was all the way out in Bluewater Village. It's a trip no Strangetowner likes to make.

The inside is rather shabby, with a few tables and chairs scattered around the area. There's some pictures of cacti on the walls, but mostly just industrial windows. There's also a small unisex bathroom in the corner for people to use, if they need to wizz.

The parking lot is covered in graffiti and is lit by tall street lights. People have remarked they've found condom wrappers around the area, and one reported that their child swallowed some Oxycontin they found on the ground.

There's an unremarkable patio in the front, guarded by a black steel gate. The place wasn't intended to be nice. It serves it's purpose as the only restaurant for miles in the middle of the desert.
Screenshots
Instructor
#137 Old 18th Aug 2012 at 6:51 PM
The Abandoned Robot Factory:

It is currently sitting on the edge of my apox neighbourhood and I'm thinking of uploading it here on MTS. The factory used to be a thriving business that produced robots to perform any and every task that the (rich) sim faces. But after the Apocalypse hit, it closed down for good and became a temporary shelter from zombies for the young Newson family. Now their only hope is to ressurect the factory equipment, build up a powerful robot army and defeat the zombies one piece of dead flesh at a time! That, or cower in the factory attic for the rest of their lives...
Field Researcher
#138 Old 23rd Aug 2012 at 3:20 PM Last edited by Flarz : 23rd Aug 2012 at 5:34 PM.
ella_in_wonderland Looks like some robot´s escaped through the wall. :-) Love it!!

Once i uploaded a hotel in "our" page called bumbum. Each room cost 2 1/2 simleons per night (without service). :-D

Test Subject
#139 Old 24th Aug 2012 at 5:18 PM
my favourite thing to in best of buisness whas make like toy stores and floral shops. but sometimes id get creative and try to make like a home decor store!
Test Subject
#140 Old 26th Aug 2012 at 4:28 AM
Here's my inspired Paccar Hall building for my little Economic major sims. It was a miracle I managed to finish it with all the crashing in between. Sheesh, my game does NOT like extensively built buildings. Long week....glad it's finished!

Up next: Biotechnology & Life Sciences Facility, and 11 other majors to go.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#141 Old 28th Aug 2012 at 5:04 AM
I´m still working on Robin´s Nest for Magnum P.I. 85% is done yet. There are too much details inside. But i show some screens from outside.

Field Researcher
#142 Old 5th Sep 2012 at 3:39 PM
The king kamehameha club (Magnum P.I.) is also done.

Instructor
#143 Old 5th Sep 2012 at 6:06 PM
Okay, I have a few shops to show...

Larson's Bakery

Initially owned by Tailor Bay's founders, Damon and Frances Larson, Larson's Bakery has since become a well-known name throughout SimCity South (SimCity North doesn't really give a damn). It has become a long chain of bakery-cafes in SimCity and is now owned by none other than Malcolm Landgraab IV, who employs a team of baking experts to work in his stores. This is one of my rather more successful businesses.

TGIF Nightclub

What can I say? Dancing, booze, live music and hordes of hot chicks are a few of the aspects that contributed towards TGIF's success. That, coupled with the fact that it's the only nightclub in SimCity North...

Fine Dining

Fine Dining, located in Tailor Bay, is a sophisticated and ridiculously expensive restaurant that boasts being the only eatery in town besides McDonald's and KFC. Although it doesn't look like much (besides its incredibly odd-looking roof) Fine Dining is in fact the only four-star restaurant in SimCity. Only very classy people eat there! No bums allowed!
Field Researcher
#144 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 5:39 PM
ella_in_wonderland Very sweet i love bakery´s.
Mad Poster
#145 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 10:17 PM
In my game Malcolm Landgraab IV still owns Electronics Supercenter and it's now a Level 8 business.

I also made him a furniture store since the Ramirezes went down the memory hole. Called Malcolm's Missions and specializing in Mission style furniture (eh, why not?) and it's at a Level 6:

Malcolm's daughter Melinda has spent time in there working on her talent badges.

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Instructor
#146 Old 9th Sep 2012 at 4:02 PM
thanks Flarz!

Virgin Active Gym

It's situated in between WalMart and Cold Issue Clothing, which has probably contributed to it's success. On top of that, the gym features changing rooms, a large indoor swimming pool, an upstairs work-out area, cafe, sauna and hot tub, and an outdoor parking place. I'm planning on making Malcolm Landgraab IV buy it.

Ramirez Furniture

Owned by, of course, the Ramirez family. After selling their old store and moving from Bluewater Village the Ramirez's settled into Tailor Bay and opened a new and improved store, which has now become the biggest in SimCity.

**Sorry about the tiny&horrible pics!
Field Researcher
#147 Old 10th Sep 2012 at 5:18 PM
Theodor Calvin´s island hopper helicopter service is also done.

Instructor
#148 Old 18th Oct 2012 at 7:18 PM Last edited by ella_in_wonderland : 18th Oct 2012 at 8:12 PM.
Tailor Bay Toy Store. I have yet to take pictures of the inside

Edit: Inside

Mad Poster
#149 Old 18th Nov 2012 at 1:04 AM
I'm not entirely sure if this counts as a shop or business, but it's a community lot so I decided that it could go here :-)

This is my edited version of Plasticbox's Middleground Central Park, which is included in her rather awesome Middleground neighbourhood.

The neighbourhood only requires the base game, so I'm going round all the community lots adding objects from the EP's to make them more fun for my sims. In Middleground Central Park I didn't change a huge amount, but I removed some of the trees and flowers in order to add a play area, changed the BBQ area into vending machines and added a skating rink (which is invisible). The rink will be an ice skating rink in Winter and a roller skating rink in all the other seasons. It's in the area which is fenced in and is just concrete, but obviously you can't see it because it's invisible! :-)

This picture is an overhead view of the entire park. You can see the newly added bits that I mentioned as well as some of Plasticbox's original landscaping and the chess table and benches. Oh, and the public toilet.

This photo is taken from the bottom right hand corner of the lot, looking over the skating rink towards the toilet block and the play area.

This photo shows a bit more of the landscaping and the play area. It's taken from the main entrance to the park.

I think that my sims will enjoy visiting this park, whatever the weather! After all, who can resist a bit of skating, be it roller or ice! :-)
Mad Poster
#150 Old 30th Jan 2013 at 2:45 PM
Welcome to Booktique, a new business opening up on Highway 13.5, in Widespot.

"See, I wanted to run a beauty salon and clothing boutique, or maybe an ice cream parlor, and Trent wanted to run a bookstore. So we compromised."
"Lady, that is the stupidest business plan I ever heard! Good luck!"
"You know, I could do something about that hair and you could read Gravity's Rainbow at the same time. Trent really wants to sell a copy of that."

Trent leaves the salesmanship to Trisha, who's pretty good at it, while he wrestles with the register. After all, he's the one with the head for figures.

He hadn't reckoned on the register being quite this hard to figure out, though. And when does he get a chance to read and discuss the books?

Trisha's still working out the best way to utilize their limited display area.

Page 6 of 12