Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Apr 2010 at 6:09 PM
Default "I thought you only knew Simlish!" Things you've heard your sim say.
Have you ever had one of those moments? You're playing with your Sims, and one of them says something; and it doesn't sound like Simlish at all?
In fact, it sounds like English! Or, for those of you who are fluent in other languages, it sounds like something from one of the languages you know.
For example;
In a video I put on YouTube that is several years old, one of my (offscreen) Sims is playing darts; I swear, at one point, it sounds like she says "Aw, crap!"

Sometimes when my Sims do the "Can't reach/use it" animation, a few of them, and usually the males, will occasionally sound as if they are saying "Ugh, put that away!"

And just yesterday, I had a sim my self-sim was going out with stop, look at the cab driver, and while shuddering, audibly go "Eeewwwww!"

So, what have other people heard their sims say?
Advertisement
Link Ninja
#2 Old 12th Apr 2010 at 6:40 PM
Sometimes I think I hear them say "hmmm baby' when they're doing something romantic like kissing, or scooch together in bed and cuddle before falling asleep.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Instructor
#3 Old 12th Apr 2010 at 7:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kimiko-Chan
Sometimes when my Sims do the "Can't reach/use it" animation, a few of them, and usually the males, will occasionally sound as if they are saying "Ugh, put that away!"

Yeah I hear this all the time
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 12th Apr 2010 at 9:22 PM
The toddlers seem to yell daddy.
Scholar
#5 Old 12th Apr 2010 at 10:06 PM
Yeah they do yell Daddy it's like "DAAAADEEEEE!!!" And I also hear "Ugh put that away!"

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
- Douglas Adams (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
tumblr
Banned
#6 Old 12th Apr 2010 at 11:05 PM
In one family I was playing, the husband was walking out the door to go to work. As he was walking past the wife out the door, it sounded like he was saying "have a good day!".
Scholar
#7 Old 12th Apr 2010 at 11:45 PM
I heard a Plantsim talking about "roads and rivers" to her fruit trees once. At least, that's what it SOUNDED like.

And yes, toddlers do seem to yell "DADDY!" I've noticed that too.

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 13th Apr 2010 at 1:01 AM
I've never heard toddlers yelling "DADDY!!"
Then again, I so rarely have in-game Toddlers...
It's not something my sim said, but I once had a vampire sim go "Bleh!" at the radio when he turned it off. None of the others have done that...
Undead Molten Llama
#9 Old 13th Apr 2010 at 12:59 AM
Am I the only one who hears toddlers say "What the f*$@&" all the time? Seriously! They do!

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 13th Apr 2010 at 1:34 AM
In CAS, whenever I'm browsing through the outfits and change one, my sims say "oh, flattering!"

When a girl has become one with her pony, she feels ultimate togetherness and love. The pony, on the other hand, just wants her messy bran slop and to go back to her warm, comfy stall for the rest of her life. Things such as this are different as you would think it to be.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 13th Apr 2010 at 1:46 AM
When the toddlers are struggling to get on the potty it sounds like they say "I'm doing it" in a proud voice. I totally think the voice actor was really saying that.
Instructor
#12 Old 13th Apr 2010 at 9:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by happypony
In CAS, whenever I'm browsing through the outfits and change one, my sims say "oh, flattering!"

Always sounded like "Oh, ravishing!" to me hehe
Mad Poster
#13 Old 13th Apr 2010 at 9:39 AM
Toddlers sound more like Dadah! to me.

i also hear done of my toddlers say mom! few times. I kinda miss sims speak now, that the sound is gone xD
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 13th Apr 2010 at 1:37 PM
Yes toddler say Daddy~~~.It is very cute.
Since I'm Japanese, I hear some Japanese.

When sim is hungry, sim say" ONAKAGA SUITA" means hungry
When sim needs some help, sim say "ONEGAI KAMISAMA", means Help God.
When elder removeing weeds from the garden, they say" Ah~ IYADA", means I hate this.

many more

No one redistribute my work.
No upload to Exchange.

When you use my full sim on your blog or movie, please credit to me.
Scholar
#15 Old 13th Apr 2010 at 2:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jooxis
Always sounded like "Oh, ravishing!" to me hehe

It does to me too!

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Forum Resident
#16 Old 13th Apr 2010 at 4:47 PM
Do you think the voice actors got a script?

Does reading dumb signatures make you feel powerful in some way?
Link Ninja
#17 Old 13th Apr 2010 at 4:47 PM
That would be fun if you could just improvise simlish while recording. I think I did that when I was a kid, way before the fist sims came out, trying to sing 'Twinkle Twinkle Little star" in 'another language'

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Scholar
#18 Old 13th Apr 2010 at 5:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by feefifofum
Do you think the voice actors got a script?

Funny! I'm sure they did.

I've got a friend that does voice over work and the only aspect of the game she's interested in is the Simlish. She keeps telling me she thinks it computer generated not real people doing the voices.

Of course I didn't realize that the music was real music they converted to Simlish at first. I kept thinking "hey that song sounds kind of familiar". Talk about a blonde moment.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 13th Apr 2010 at 6:39 PM
I heard teen girls say Koshki in their conversations a lot. Koshki, means cats in Russian.

Girl like their cats xD
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 14th Apr 2010 at 4:07 AM
I once saw a you-tube internet video where the grim reaper says oh F.....U....C....K

Here's a web-link http://www.youtube.com/watchv=6y6qT...feature=related

He says it just after the dead man gets his soul back through the 'hands behind the back and guess which hand the soul is in' game. But you have to listen carefully.
If this link doesn't work, go into you-tube and type in ...
'Sims 2 - Grim reaper swears?'

I think it is very funny!
Instructor
#21 Old 14th Apr 2010 at 2:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Clashfan

I've got a friend that does voice over work and the only aspect of the game she's interested in is the Simlish. She keeps telling me she thinks it computer generated not real people doing the voices.

You should show her the NowWeHaveFaces videos on youtube. The teen boy and girl voice actors are hilarious, if not a little eccentric (especially the girl )
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 14th Apr 2010 at 6:21 PM
Wow; this is awesome. They do sound like they say things in other languages. I wonder if this was done on purpose? Thanks to everyone who posted so far! I was very entertained with the comments about Cat (in russian) and sims saying things in Japanese. Just recently, I was listening to a sim tell a joke, and it sounded like the sim telling the joke went "quack quack quack" like a duck at one point. Guess it was a duck joke.
Test Subject
#23 Old 14th Apr 2010 at 10:02 PM
I thought I saw on a youtube video a sim say "s***" when there was a fire!
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 14th Apr 2010 at 10:59 PM
sometimes, i head "jaba doo" as "wanna do?" that was in sims 2, i've yet to hear it in sims 3, but im sure it is.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 15th Apr 2010 at 12:15 AM
If you sit and watch TV with your sims, it sounds like the reporter says "Gleefrog." What's a "Gleefrog"? A Happy frog? Or does it make you happy?
Page 1 of 4