Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 4:22 PM
One question. if we place pillars on the three foundation pieces can we then make a veranda on top of them on the first floor that are connected to the house? Or do we have to use them just for decoration?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#27 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 4:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kaospilot
Is it allowed to say place a shrub 'over' the foundation, or around it? The foundation stays the same it's just not so visible or visible at all. Just curious.

Aah, who found it helpful. I'm asking if it's allowed not suggesting

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Inventor
#28 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 4:44 PM
I thinks its allowed because in my round one entry (Click the link) i did that and HP said that i did it correct
Forum Resident
#29 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 4:49 PM
I don't see why not. It's not as though it's modifying the foundation, which is really the only thing we're not allowed to do.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#30 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 4:53 PM
You can extend upper levels to make overhangs, but doing so on the lower levels basically negates the whole idea of using the foundation as the limitations.

You -can- do it - you won't get disqualified for it, but you will definitely lose points for doing so.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Scholar
#31 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 5:04 PM
Damn! Well, there goes my newly completed house. Gotta start from scratch again.

Oh, no, wait, we CAN do it. We just lose points for it. Well, I'll go back in tomorrow and work on a new floor plan... I'll post my original house in the chat thread. Damn. I really liked this house, too.
Test Subject
#32 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 5:15 PM Last edited by PiT91 : 23rd Jul 2010 at 1:56 PM. Reason: Adding prices
Default Das [Bau]Haus
well, what I think about the "floating tiles" rule is that no sim should be able to step over any part of the house that is not above a piece of the given foundation. so, in my house there are lots of decorative structures, but no sim can get up those. also, I placed some [a lot of] friezes, but again, they're over the given footprint, or they can't be stepped over.

However, here's my entry:

Das [Bau]Haus

It is a 1 bedroom, 2 bathrooms house, with a unique day space, including Kitchen, Dining room and Living room. It has been built around the first '30s near Waisims, in the middle of the countryside, and has stayed almost unmodified since then, except for some internal renewals, such as an improvement of the hydraulic system and the complete re-building of the backyard, previously non-existing, with the addiction of a pool area and a, external dining space. The peculiar features of this house reflect the ideas of the "BauHausim" movement, that are the employing of armed concrete and of its all-new possibilities, such the lighter and thinner walls, and the constant presence of glass surfaces. Another unique feature is the texture of the bed sheets and of the hall rug, original creation of the Sim-crafter of Waisims. However, quality & uniqueness have their price: this piece-of-art comes §212.974 furnished and §99.497 unfurnished, but, if you consider yourself a wealthy person with some taste, I'd recommend you to buy the whole furnished house; it wouldn't be the same without the especially designed pieces, and, plus, you'd live in a chunk of History!

(No CC used!)
(sorry if I had made some mistakes, my English isn't still perfect! :D)

Floors View

Roof View

First Floor: Master (only) bedroom with separate closet, Bathroom, Hall/Study.

Ground Floor: Kitchen/Living/Dining space, Bathroom, Laundry room.

And that precious foundation, untouched:

Details

Kitchen/Living/Dining space

Master Bedroom

Upper Hall/Study

Backgarden view from the pool

External dining space
Forum Resident
#33 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 5:35 PM
HP,
Thank you for making the orientation of the foundation clear.

Sometimes the Dragon wins and I AM the Dragon!
Field Researcher
#34 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 5:40 PM
im pretty sure this is the wrong place to ask this, BUT, if ive made my house for this competition with all the expansion packs installed, but i've made a point to only use basegame stuff, 1,will it work with just the basegame? 2, do i need to specify that i made it with all expansions? cheeeeers

I'm the sexy guy with half an orange in my face ;)
retired moderator
Original Poster
#35 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 5:47 PM
Craggles - You mean for upload? It doesn't matter for the contest whether you've used base game or WA+HELS+AMB+Store. If you want to upload it as a base game house then you'll need to have used just base game items, though.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Test Subject
#36 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 5:49 PM Last edited by dietdrpepperfan : 19th Jul 2010 at 5:51 PM. Reason: Saw HP already answered.
Quote: Originally posted by Craggles
im pretty sure this is the wrong place to ask this, BUT, if ive made my house for this competition with all the expansion packs installed, but i've made a point to only use basegame stuff, 1,will it work with just the basegame? 2, do i need to specify that i made it with all expansions? cheeeeers

You are allowed to use all items from the EA store. Such as EPs or stuff bought individually from the store. But stuff made by users (like that can be downloaded from this site and others not hosted by EA) may not be used.

Edit: Too late. Oh well, hope it was helpful.
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#37 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 6:21 PM Last edited by armiel : 28th Jul 2010 at 8:55 PM.
Default Modern Bloom by armiel
Hello.

This is my entry for Round 2

http://i1017.photobucket.com/albums...pg?t=1279558660

Modern Bloom follows the lines of Modern breeze which is my entry for the Round 1.
I was originally going to make it blue too, but then Flabs suggested I should use the same textures on the exterior but change the colors, so I did.
Thank you Flabaliki for that idea

I used items from Base game and World Adventures, I didn't use any CC or Store items.

Still.... I'm no story teller, so I'll just give you the rest of the pictures :D

Here are 2 of the 3 allowed extra shots, they are of exterior:

http://i1017.photobucket.com/albums...pg?t=1279558636

Then the floorplans. I didn't take a picture of all layers, since I used CFE when building. These pictures show the structure and the layout of the house well enough.

Here is the kitchen:

And the livingroom:

The bedroom:

I had difficulties on deciding should I take a picture of the study, or the seating area, I'm a little sad I can't post both, cause I like how they turned out. But enough of sadness, here is the extra shot 3, of 1st floor seating area:

I hope you like this house, I had fun building it. Wasn't as fast as the Round one, build time prox. 7 hours.
I'm already anxiously waiting for the results of Round 1 and the foundation of Round 3 :D
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 6:32 PM
Im gone for today and tomarrow :/ Well good luck to everyone making them now :3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#39 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 6:45 PM
Alan_Gast - Doesn't look like it modifies the foundation in that area - just adds on a little decorative wall thingiebobber, so I think that's fine.

Lab Assistant
#40 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 7:06 PM
Eh, all these homes for round 2 will be modern. I hate modern =p. Oh well.

Currently not able to take requests at this time... sorry!
Top Secret Researcher
#41 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 7:11 PM
Doesn't have to be! Afaik you can build a run down shack half falling apart, pillars and stuff everywhere house as long as it contains said rooms

I have faith in that some contestants might take on some other styles. I can easily see how this can be turned into a suburban home sort of thing too.

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#42 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 7:11 PM Last edited by armiel : 19th Jul 2010 at 7:12 PM. Reason: ...stupid typo...
Quote: Originally posted by mr.moo7999

Build something un-modern then? I doesn't have to be modern, it's just the easiest way. What a great opportunity to stand out and make something different!
Inventor
#43 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 7:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mr.moo7999

I think the beauty of this whole contest is seeing the many different ways people can use the same foundation. And you can try to come up with something different than what everyone else might do.

Mine will more than likely wind up modern but I actually love those styles. At least I know in advance you're gonna wind up hating it lol

The Simmer formerly known as Greenlea
Field Researcher
#44 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 7:23 PM Last edited by Craggles : 19th Jul 2010 at 7:48 PM.
Default Foundation House #2!!!
Title for this house is equally as creative as the previous... lol

Great fun to build once I'd figured out what the hell I could actually build on the foundation that looked remotely normal!

Its got the usual, 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms (1 bath 1 shower), kitchen/diner, living room, and a study-nook type thing on the landing. There's 3 terraces on the property, the one at the front has seating on it. The one leading from the downstairs bathroom (weird I know) has vegetables and stuff growing on it, and the one leading from the utility room has the bin and access to the garden. There's a carport at the front as well.

Photo's? Oh ok then... :P

Foundation

Ground Floor

First Floor

Street View

Kitchen

Living Room

Master Bedroom

Garden

Study-Nook Thing

No CC at all.

Furnished - 87,244
Unfurnished - 50,436

Aaaaand that's all I can think of.

Smashing =]

Craig

Test Subject
#45 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 7:23 PM Last edited by trench : 21st Jul 2010 at 11:53 AM. Reason: Dark photos, redecorating things.
I finally got to finish my creation for Round 2 : ) It was a rainy day, so my other plans got cancelled and I had time to work on this for a long time today. At first I tried to make a traditional house but after all the shape of the foundation seemed to be better for a modern house.

The Archy

This modern themed house was built in 2007 by a succesful bussinesman called Andy Goder, who used it as his summer home. However during the financial chrisis, which took place in 2009, Andy's company went bankruptcy so he put his house on market.

Now this lovely burgundy/white coloured house is for sale. The price demand isn't that high as Andy is desperate to sell his house.

Streetview

Livingroom (The door leads to the pool area)

Kitchen and doors to additional bedroom and bathroom:

The blue-themed master bedroom:

The dining area and computer desk:

A part of the garden:

The pool area and backyard:

Unfortunately I couldn't include a pic of the additional bedroom.

Floorplans: (Sorry for the bad quality. I'm not very good at taking floorplan pics.)

Floor 1

Floor 2

Details:
2 Bedrooms, 1 bathroom, livingroom/kitchen/studyroom/diningroom combination, pool area, a balcony and two carspots.

No CC
Lot price furnished: 149 503 § (339 503 § with cars)
Lot price unfurnished: 92 251 §

I had a lot of fun building this lot, hope you like it : )
Field Researcher
#46 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 7:26 PM
@ mr.moo7999... I hope that mine's modern enough for you :P

Test Subject
#47 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 7:38 PM
I like this base. I've already got the perfect idea for it, and it isn't modern, nor does it feature pillars.

Also. Damn my timezone. I just got up! Granted it's still almost noon here, but I just got up! Must get to work right away!
Top Secret Researcher
#48 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 7:43 PM
Atleast there is no rush like the first round this time

Test Subject
#49 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 7:50 PM
I am very glad of that. It's like when I write a paper. I like to have the chance to be done, sleep, then come back and check if I still like it.
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 8:03 PM
well modern is OK, I just hate building modern. I think I was a bit unclear LOL.

The early birds are looking nice!

Currently not able to take requests at this time... sorry!

Page 2 of 20