Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Resources for Riverview.world's various Fixes (updated 2014.02.04)

by ellacharmed Posted 29th Jan 2013 at 10:13 AM - Updated 4th Feb 2014 at 3:39 PM by ellacharmed : fixed bodyless windmills

21 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 14 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
#2 Old 29th Jan 2013 at 1:11 PM
♦ Thanks for the fixes of Riverview ♦
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 29th Jan 2013 at 3:15 PM
Thanks so much Ella! I've become a big fan of you!! Very useful download!! Thanks a lot!! XD
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 29th Jan 2013 at 4:28 PM
Wow Ella! I can't believe how crappy Riverview apparently really is. Thanks for all the hard work.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 29th Jan 2013 at 7:36 PM
Looking forward to your Sunlit Tides fixes!! Thanks a lot!!
Alchemist
#6 Old 31st Jan 2013 at 2:02 AM
Just curious. Why is the method different from other worlds? But thank you very much for this!
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 31st Jan 2013 at 4:34 AM
"Why is the method different from other worlds?"
Because it is -
1. an Installed world
2. a Store world
...so the path to the location and method differs.

You guys are making me nervous, though.
It's all good? I didn't mess up anything? The fixes work? No BFBVFS in anyone's game? Instructions easy to follow, and no gaps on the steps? Like I mention one thing but it does not appear like that in everyone's setup?

If so, Whew!
Can strike off one task on that TODO list, eh?
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#8 Old 3rd Feb 2013 at 1:57 PM
I barely use Riverview, but I use your world fixes for precautions. Anyhow, I'm pretty sure it will work well.
Test Subject
#9 Old 4th Mar 2013 at 6:16 PM
I can't seem to find the run.bat file mentioned

I've looked & looked in the journal & blog.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 4th Mar 2013 at 7:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by WingsOfADarkAngel
I can't seem to find the run.bat file mentioned

I've looked & looked in the journal & blog.

On the side of his blog there is a box which looks like an advertisement for box (shares) - The bat file in under worlds folder. It took me so long to find it lol.
Test Subject
#11 Old 5th Mar 2013 at 1:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tabatha
On the side of his blog there is a box which looks like an advertisement for box (shares) - The bat file in under worlds folder. It took me so long to find it lol.

Thanks for that. I literally never would have found it!

I did everything correct & it works so that's good :3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 8th Mar 2013 at 12:54 AM
Seriously, EA should hire you and pay you for this, and this should be done correctly before worlds launch. You are AMAZING!
Test Subject
#13 Old 15th Mar 2013 at 9:44 AM
Hi ella. I trying to follow your instruction but i'm lost in your blog. I don't find the .bat
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 1st Apr 2013 at 6:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fastwebnico
Hi ella. I trying to follow your instruction but i'm lost in your blog. I don't find the .bat
Have you found it, yet? Where did you look?
Or help no longer needed?
Test Subject
#15 Old 20th May 2013 at 6:13 AM Last edited by gcgrad : 27th Aug 2013 at 5:46 AM. Reason: Updated information
I also went to your blog for the run.bat file, but the only file listed in the box widget is the lifetimerewards_v1.39.7z

BTW, thanks for all the work you've put into making these worlds work better.

ETA (8/26/2013): Ellacharmed now has the fixed .world version available for download on her blog, not merely the resources.
Test Subject
#16 Old 2nd Oct 2013 at 7:25 AM
I apologize if I am being dense but does this fix lets say the problem where the roads flickered with the grass covering them in certain spots?
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#17 Old 2nd Oct 2013 at 10:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by OneBlueBirdWonder
I apologize if I am being dense but does this fix lets say the problem where the roads flickered with the grass covering them in certain spots?
Well, that entirely depends on where this is occurring, does it not?
Is it a spot that has an issue that I have fixed (i.e. my fix introduced the flickering? it may be that I made a booboo somewhere. but then would be surprising that no one has reported it until now) or is it something that I missed and have not fixed?
Also, if it is happening universally to everyone (a world issue) or just on your system (insufficient system?)?
Test Subject
#18 Old 2nd Feb 2014 at 8:05 AM
I'm not sure of your still reading this but I hope you are, I found a bug that is specific to your rebuilt world. There are two windmills, one is on a farm. The other which is broken is a world object, again located on a hill near all the "fields".

The windmill on the hill (EA CAW hidden asset) is missing, well rather the tower is missing. The blades are still there hovering in the air.

I checked back with my original files and it worked fine, so it seems to only be effected in your version. Did you pickup the base at one point? Its been reported that doing so does separate the blades from the base on the sims 3 forums.
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#19 Old 2nd Feb 2014 at 11:03 AM
Have to locate the fixed versions and reinstall the worlds again or hunt down the backups. I've gone "clean" for the 1.67 patch wiki reporting. Will check soon. Thanks for the report.
Test Subject
#20 Old 3rd Feb 2014 at 11:55 PM
Apparently the windmills in CAW are NOT the same as the ones found in buydebug for lots and the base part is not found in world editor in game.

As explained here in the link below read post 211, the world windmill is actually made of two parts. So I believe this post will be important to you in explaining how the game codes it.

http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...242#post3547242

On the plus side further down the above poster added a package mod to easily add the windmill structure back in game via town editing. So it was an easy to fix for your world rebuild as I've already spent a great amount of time adding lots and didn't want to start over again lol.

Also apparently there are two windmills, both are broken in your version (no structure just blades). The second one is seen in the picture from post 211 above (which is how I found out about it) on a hill far off away I believe to the east corner of the map. No lots or anything close to it.

On a different note, of all the worlds I find riverview has some serious issues when it comes to deleting pre-existing lots. One great example is a fishing spot (Riverview Fish Hatchery 60x60) where it's very easy to duplicate the problem. If you completely delete this lot (removing structure and lot) and place another lot of any size back in its place the terrain starts to clip over the road the closer you zoom in. It effects both your world and EA original. I've also found that replacing lots with different size lots don't always align back to the road and actually push the cursur/lot away when you try to drag it closer. Never seen this happen so much as I've seen it happen in riverview. Especially true for downtown/city hall area. don't know if this is something that is fixable but worth mentioning....
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#21 Old 4th Feb 2014 at 11:12 AM Last edited by ellacharmed : 4th Feb 2014 at 3:49 PM. Reason: Files uploaded
I used SuperCaw to add it back in, but thanks for that link (I'd forgotten simsample explained it all loong time ago). I did the correction over the weekend, now just to find time to test, package it all up and upload.

Pending a few other stuff I need to finish so I can have multiple worlds to test for the same game session while I have the game running, namely the IslaParadiso (new reports) and OasisLanding (current WIP).

[ETA]
Bodyless windmills fixed. Files are uploaded. Please redownload and check
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 10th Oct 2014 at 5:38 AM
Thank You