Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Design Kit (Version 1.10, updated 01-08)

by Fat D Posted 24th Dec 2005 at 10:02 PM - Updated 25th Mar 2007 at 12:03 PM by Fat D : Updated

90 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 85 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 26th Dec 2005 at 8:18 PM
Merry Christmas! Thank you for all of your work. Not sure what I want to start with, but will probably start playing with all of your excellent tools and find grand inspiration!
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 27th Dec 2005 at 4:44 PM
Thank you for the detailed reply. And just to be sure, I downloaded everything and deleted the ones you said were available here in the new legacy folders and so on. And the Update? I just downloaded the fatd-designkit-1.02.zip but didn't download the designkit.zip. Or should I download that one too?

Sorry for too many questions, I hope it doesn't take up too much of your time, but I really don't like the maxis halfwalls, I prefer yours and now with glass! That is so great, just what I needed :D
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#28 Old 27th Dec 2005 at 4:56 PM
if you have a previous main zip, you don't need to update the new one. On the other hand, if you had no previous design kit, you just need the main zip, just the update.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 27th Dec 2005 at 7:23 PM
Ok thanks, I guess all will be fine now. I have just the updated version, I never downloaded this before Have a happy new year! (I'll be back if I have any problems, I don't think I will though :D)
Test Subject
#30 Old 28th Dec 2005 at 1:57 AM
My first impression, after testing your work till 36 hours:It seams to be an architectural revolution in the game.It is just what i wanted,...for years!(since sims1)Thanks a lot! Carolus
Instructor
#31 Old 29th Dec 2005 at 4:55 PM
I agree with Carolus, this is a major breakthrough in Sim building, together with Numenor's wall-windows!

I don't want to be too picky (this set you gave us is already so great!), but what do you think about a diagonal beam? I'm building an "atelier d'artiste" with Numenor's slanted windows and I couldn't get the right effect... I tried your open-top diagonal and open-bottom on the same tile with moveobjects on, but I guess I can't have 2 coutouts on the same wall pane.
And while I'm at it a full-length helper would be nice too...
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#32 Old 29th Dec 2005 at 11:59 PM
a full-length helper is something i made in the pre-alpha stage, but I thought it was unnecessary as you can stack three of the helpers.
a disgonal beam is currently being made.
Instructor
#33 Old 30th Dec 2005 at 8:29 AM
Thanks for the diagonal beam!
You're right about stacking the helpers... I was just being lazy!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#34 Old 31st Dec 2005 at 1:16 PM
Ok, here it is, have fun with the beam.
Mad Poster
#35 Old 31st Dec 2005 at 6:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fat D
the nightlife halfwalls are independant of this set, as are the ones which have numenor right after my name (Wall-Window recolors). All fatd-halfwall files are outdated, fatd-numenor-halfwall files were my first attempt at halfwalls, they have been replaced by both of my sets. you can get rid of them if you don't have them in any house. However, they won't conflict with my design kit. I will give an explanation to all of your files:

fatd-halfwall-base.package - outdated, you can still use it, it's the same as the three color options.
fatd-halfwall-counter-corner.package - outdated, new version in the main package. please delete.
fatd-halfwall-counter-helper-otherside.package - outdated, still in the legacy files, delete, download legacy files if still used in a house.
fatd-halfwall-counter-helper.package - outdated, still in the legacy files, delete, download legacy files if still used in a house.
fatd-halfwall-counter-main.package - outdated, new version in the main package. please delete.
fatd-halfwall-counter-open.package - outdated, still in the legacy files, delete, download legacy files if still used in a house.
fatd-nightlife-halfwall-fence.package - no relations to design kit
fatd-nightlife-halfwall.package - no relations to design kit
fatd_numenor_halfwall_brick.package - no relations to design kit, outdated
fatd_numenor_halfwall_wood.package - no relations to design kit, outdated
fatd_numenor_door_tpl.package - no relations to design kit
fatd_numenor_rgiles_blue.package - no relations to design kit
fatd_numenor_rgiles_green.package - no relations to design kit
fatd_numenor_rgiles_red.package - no relations to design kit

Recolours for the halfwalls also work for the design kit, the thread is already renamed and reassigned.

wow, amazing... :clap:

so I can keep all the half-walls and their recolours from the past, right?

thanks for sharing them...
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#36 Old 3rd Jan 2006 at 1:47 PM
please delete the "fatd-halfwall-" files and download the legacy files, you will still keep the built halfwalls and the recolours.
Field Researcher
#37 Old 7th Jan 2006 at 8:55 AM
A W E S O M E set!!! Thank you sooo much
Mistress of architectural mishaps
retired moderator
#38 Old 7th Jan 2006 at 10:22 PM
Fantastic set, thanks so much.

Retired from Simming
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#39 Old 8th Jan 2006 at 6:09 PM
New update, like it?
Field Researcher
#40 Old 15th Jan 2006 at 2:19 PM
Thank you for this great set!
Test Subject
#41 Old 16th Jan 2006 at 6:58 PM
Absolutely awesome idea and creation. I do hope I downloaded the right parts...have to admit that part was a bit confusing...erm still is lol.

I have been looking for this type of stuff all over wanting to build greenhouses.

Thank you.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#42 Old 16th Jan 2006 at 7:35 PM
something to build greenhouses with proper roofs is on my to-do list.
Mad Poster
#43 Old 17th Jan 2006 at 5:45 PM

Just wonder if I should still keep Fat D's Halfwalls - Mark 3..

Thanks in advance...
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#44 Old 17th Jan 2006 at 6:13 PM
you can, they are fence-based halfwalls like the maxis ones and fences and objects usually don't conflict. they work flawlessla in my game. the mark3-halfwalls aren't that great, I just adjusted a maxis-halfwall for counterheight.
Test Subject
#45 Old 19th Jan 2006 at 3:08 AM
Default A couple questions?
First off thank you for the amazing downloads for building since that's pretty much all I do, and yay after lurking and downloading for over a year my first post. Secondly, exactly what file am I suppossed to download if I have never downloaded this set and no longer have any of your halfwalls installed in my game. Lastly, the wall boards are they suppossed to be displaying the horrible bright blue texture or is there something else going on like I downloaded the wrong files? One more little side note is there anyway of making it so the objects from the design kit only show in build mode and not buy? Thanks again keep up the great work!!!

Beth :monkey:
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#46 Old 19th Jan 2006 at 6:24 PM
Sorry, I forgot to upload the color options. Fixed.
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 20th Jan 2006 at 6:06 PM
Thanks for the fixed file (recolors), I was banging my head on the wall thinking what I did wrong this time Seeing all that blue... BLEH
Field Researcher
#48 Old 24th Jan 2006 at 9:09 PM
this set is great, when can u create a diagonal half wall?

Hi, I'm from Zagarolo, Italy, So I don't speak/write English very well, so incase you don't understand my posts/messages, or they are confussing, plz, tell me to correct them.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Help him gain World Dommination, by putting him in your sig.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#49 Old 25th Jan 2006 at 5:34 PM
It's likely I won't, as there are many combinations. first I'll have to edit it in order to make them fit better both to the tile center and in the height, to the edges and corners, then I can think of a huge set of corner elements. THINK OF!
Test Subject
#50 Old 31st Jan 2006 at 4:07 PM
Default I too am confused
If I delete the original and then install the new design kit, will the houses that originally had half walls still work in my game?

Also, I tried searching Windows for "half walls" and the search came up empty. What should I look for to delete the first version?

Thanks!

myspace.com/thefutureisfiction
Page 2 of 4