Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

SmartDoor v0.108 for University or Nightlife (30 Dec 2008 updated)

by tunaisafish Posted 8th Feb 2006 at 12:31 AM - Updated 14th Mar 2009 at 5:18 AM by tunaisafish : Updated mod

147 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 144 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 6
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 30th Apr 2006 at 11:31 PM
Any word on an OFB update? I'd love to use this!
Test Subject
#52 Old 12th May 2006 at 6:08 PM
I have OFB and I'm using tunaisafish's smart door system.
At this moment without problems.
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 13th May 2006 at 3:02 AM
thanks for letting us know that Iceman!
Test Subject
#54 Old 10th Jun 2006 at 4:20 PM
Is it posibel to give keys in the family?
I have a room i want the mom... one of the kids, and a friend.. to enter but not the dad and the other kid?
Slippery When Wet
Original Poster
#55 Old 10th Jun 2006 at 4:53 PM
yes.. you can give the keys to any sims. They need to actually be on the lot when you give them the key. They always have it after that even when the leave and come back.
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 2nd Jul 2006 at 10:26 PM
I have a question, becuase this door does not seem to be working for me. I am trying to create an apartment building setting, and I give each sim the key to the door of the apartment I want them to have but the other sims are still able to walk into the apt freely. I am doing something wrong? I click on the door, access key holders, then I go to access and asign the keys.

Please help becuase I really want to use these doors. Thank you
Slippery When Wet
Original Poster
#57 Old 3rd Jul 2006 at 2:03 AM
Default Patched OFB
The latest OFB patch may have somethng to do with that.
Have you installed the second OFB patch ?
Also have you installed and patched the Family Fun pack ?
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 3rd Jul 2006 at 6:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tunaisafish
The latest OFB patch may have somethng to do with that.
Have you installed the second OFB patch ?
Also have you installed and patched the Family Fun pack ?

I uninstalled FFS so I only have the lastest OFB patch that was released a few weeks ago. I also think I may have been doing something wrong, I think after I assign the keys I may not have locked the door. I will double check everything (arrows pointing out, locking the doors, etc...) and report back.

Thank you for the quick response
Test Subject
#59 Old 3rd Jul 2006 at 9:08 PM
One of the most useful mods I've found. Now maybe I can stop visitors from stealing from my money trees!
Slippery When Wet
Original Poster
#60 Old 4th Jul 2006 at 7:27 PM
lpvinyl21: Had another report that the keys weren't working since the OFB second patch. Don't pull your hair out thinking you ae doing something wrong. I'll look into that problem this week and post an OFB update as soon as I figure it.
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 5th Jul 2006 at 9:23 AM
Wanted to say thanks for an amazing and amazingly complex piece of work; woe unto ye who is allergic to readme's (or just too lazy :-P ). Luckily I grew up with all sisters so I will actually ask directions when lost and read readme files

Anyhow, I have Nightlife and I was having a bit of a problem in that my front door I want people to change back to their everydays when they get home from work/school. It seems to work with returners from work but the kids (private school) seem to disregard changing into their everydays so they remain in their school outfits until I have them dresserize a 'everyday' outfit change. I think the game thinks they are already in everydays when in their school unis? I didn't change from the default 'ignore current outfit' settings btw.
Test Subject
#62 Old 9th Jul 2006 at 8:46 AM
does it work with OFB?
Test Subject
#63 Old 18th Jul 2006 at 1:22 AM
can we get one for the regular version of TS2?
Test Subject
#64 Old 22nd Jul 2006 at 6:09 AM
Inges creations stop my game TS2?
That to me to make?
Test Subject
#65 Old 24th Jul 2006 at 6:10 AM
There are so many different uses for this! I am greatful to you for creating it

Thank you.
Test Subject
#66 Old 5th Aug 2006 at 9:00 PM
ok ok ok either im really blonde and preggers or im just stupid and didnt see my answer right in front of my face. so here is my question: can you use more then one of these doors on a lot? and have them all set differently? If the answer is in front of my face, im sooo sorry for asking this really dumb question. ~jinx
Test Subject
#67 Old 9th Aug 2006 at 3:37 PM
Wow. That looks great. Too bad I only have the base game D'you think you could make a version just for the base game too?

I used to have an open mind..

But my brains kept falling out.
Test Subject
#68 Old 16th Aug 2006 at 1:57 PM
wow, this is fabolous.. thanks for sharing a brilliant invention. anyways, i was wondering too if you have the Access (Keyholders) and only.. i created a small housing for my simies and there are 3 families currently living in one lot. but have 3 houses on it.. and i don't want other family members going to other house not theirs.. thanks
Field Researcher
#69 Old 9th Sep 2006 at 8:09 AM
My Sim kids will soon be teenagers, and I found the perfect little community lot...a teen hot spot for them to hangout at. The only problem is...I don't want their parents or elders showing up!

I just came online to search for a door that would only allow teenagers inside...and I think this is it! Thank you so much! I can't wait to try your doors out!

This will also be great for those weddings where not everyone decides to change into their formalwear...I've recently had that happen. The best man didn't make his change when everyone else did, and he stayed in his extremely casual everyday wear...he almost ruined the couple's wedding pics!

--green
Field Researcher
#70 Old 8th Oct 2006 at 1:26 AM
I love these doors and relied on them a lot in the past to make more lots more interesting, enjoyable and flexible.

I have to report though that these doors are no longer working at all. I have OFB and Glamour Life Stuff. I put the doors in and set them up but sims can still walk freely through them at will.

I had a double Victorian house that I wanted to set up with two separate families but they are doing the annoying old sim behaviour like getting food from one fridge, carting it across to the other side of the house to cook it, then going back to their own side to eat it.

I'd love to hear how the update to these doors is going! I can't wait to have them working properly again.

And one request - is it possible to have the Maxis double doors set up with this code too? I'd love to use the most expensive ones with my Victorian houses.

Thanks so much!
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#71 Old 8th Oct 2006 at 8:34 AM
I don't think Tuna is actually modding currently. If the only aspect of his doors you're using is the basic keyholder stuff, my basic 4-key lockable doors still work. (not to be confused with the security system and controller type, which I don't recommend with OFB)
Field Researcher
#72 Old 16th Nov 2006 at 7:04 PM
This mod doesn't work with Pets either. It causes the pets to sink into the floor and they won't eat from their food dishes.
Scholar
#73 Old 17th Nov 2006 at 8:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Airelda
I love these doors and relied on them a lot in the past to make more lots more interesting, enjoyable and flexible.

I have to report though that these doors are no longer working at all. I have OFB and Glamour Life Stuff. I put the doors in and set them up but sims can still walk freely through them at will.

I had a double Victorian house that I wanted to set up with two separate families but they are doing the annoying old sim behaviour like getting food from one fridge, carting it across to the other side of the house to cook it, then going back to their own side to eat it.

I'd love to hear how the update to these doors is going! I can't wait to have them working properly again.

And one request - is it possible to have the Maxis double doors set up with this code too? I'd love to use the most expensive ones with my Victorian houses.

Thanks so much!

Strange, these doors work for me with OFB. At least the way I use them. When I lock the doors I select "Private". As I understand it the other Sims are not aware of whats inside so they never enter. If you select "Lock" they don't enter either but they can be stuck if it is a computer in another flat and they don't have one.

After I have selected "Access" to keyholders I select "Show settings -> Give key to..... for each Sim. Then I click on the door and select "Show settings->Unlock->Lock" or "Show settings->Unlock->Private"

Are you sure that you lock the doors?

I use the Uni+NL version of Smart doors and have Uni+NL+OFB. It seems the main functions are there. Can you give me a hint on what's not working? I will try it on Pets next.
Scholar
#74 Old 17th Nov 2006 at 8:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by raynuss
This mod doesn't work with Pets either. It causes the pets to sink into the floor and they won't eat from their food dishes.

I have seen this reported even from people without any mods at all. I'll see when I try it on Pets.
Field Researcher
#75 Old 25th Nov 2006 at 8:06 PM
I will also try this out with pets. I think this is one of the best ideas I've seen, and I can't believe it was never featured! I wish we could still rate posts, because I'd give it 5 stars!!

"Don't harsh my melon." -- Alexis Denisof
Page 3 of 6