Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

SmartDoor v0.108 for University or Nightlife (30 Dec 2008 updated)

by tunaisafish Posted 8th Feb 2006 at 12:31 AM - Updated 14th Mar 2009 at 5:18 AM by tunaisafish : Updated mod

147 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 144 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 6
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 4th Dec 2006 at 10:10 PM
I'll be trying this out in Pets as well. The built-in lockable door system in the game isn't quite configurable enough for me!
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 25th Dec 2006 at 6:43 AM
Anyone still testing these doors with Petz??
Top Secret Researcher
#78 Old 12th Jan 2007 at 4:56 PM
It may just be me, but no locking configuration on these doors is working with Pets in my game.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Field Researcher
#79 Old 10th Feb 2007 at 3:33 PM
Which versions have you tried, because it would be great if it worked with Pets. Lite or the full version?

I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults.
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 15th Mar 2007 at 5:00 AM
will this door be updated for Seasons? Thanks it's a great door
Test Subject
#81 Old 22nd Mar 2007 at 1:13 AM
I would like to see this door to be able to put on a sims outerwear when going out and take it off when coming back inside.
Field Researcher
#82 Old 17th Apr 2007 at 12:30 AM
Just an FYI in case tunaisafish gets back to modding:

I've tried this with Pets installed, and while it has not caused the "sinking into the floor" or "not eating food" problem, I do find that the doors simply don't work. The menus come up and allow me to make settings, but the doors continue to function like un-hacked doors. Anyone and everyone can come through them.

"Don't harsh my melon." -- Alexis Denisof
Lab Assistant
#83 Old 17th Apr 2007 at 8:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gonkski222
Just an FYI in case tunaisafish gets back to modding:

I've tried this with Pets installed, and while it has not caused the "sinking into the floor" or "not eating food" problem, I do find that the doors simply don't work. The menus come up and allow me to make settings, but the doors continue to function like un-hacked doors. Anyone and everyone can come through them.

i use this in pets and seasons with no problem at it works.

Make sure you read the read me the green arrow should point out. i missed that at first.
Scholar
#84 Old 6th Jun 2007 at 8:59 PM Last edited by Morphar : 6th Jun 2007 at 9:04 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by hellewellth
i use this in pets and seasons with no problem at it works.

Make sure you read the read me the green arrow should point out. i missed that at first.

Are the houses, that you have the doors in, made in games that you have started from scratch after you installed Pets or are they built in pre Pet games? It worked for me in games I started in OFB but not in games that are started from scratch after I installed Pets.
Lab Assistant
#85 Old 11th Jun 2007 at 11:44 PM Last edited by hellewellth : 13th Jun 2007 at 3:35 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Morphar
Are the houses, that you have the doors in, made in games that you have started from scratch after you installed Pets or are they built in pre Pet games? It worked for me in games I started in OFB but not in games that are started from scratch after I installed Pets.

They are houses i made. but i am not sure of thy where created before pets or not.

Edit:
It works on a house i built Sunday... i have 11 sims
I have all EPs and SPs including H&M

Edit:
The sims do not enter the room, but if i tell them to they will enter
Test Subject
#86 Old 16th Jun 2007 at 4:20 AM
This is exactly what iv been needing big thax
Test Subject
#87 Old 17th Jun 2007 at 7:07 AM
this doesn't work for me at all. i have seasons and H&M.

it brings up the pie menus and such, but locking the doors simply doesn't work. people still walk right through them, no matter what at all i do.

i really wanna get my apartment complex working properly
Lab Assistant
#88 Old 23rd Jun 2007 at 6:19 AM Last edited by hellewellth : 27th Jun 2007 at 3:45 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by sandypanda
this doesn't work for me at all. i have seasons and H&M.

it brings up the pie menus and such, but locking the doors simply doesn't work. people still walk right through them, no matter what at all i do.

i really wanna get my apartment complex working properly

I do not know what to tell you it works for me.
The only thing I change on the doors after placing them is setting them for keyholders.

The sims use their assigned rooms.
I can force them to enter, but they do not enter them selves

Edit:
If you want you can pack your lot with sims and i can test it in my game.
Test Subject
#89 Old 3rd Jul 2007 at 9:48 PM
Thanks, Tuna!

I was working on my own custom door and looking for examples I stumbled upon this one. It had almost everything I need, I just had to slap on a "reverse direction" function and a motive maxer.

Well done!
Scholar
#90 Old 25th Jul 2007 at 11:40 PM Last edited by Morphar : 26th Jul 2007 at 6:36 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by hellewellth
Edit:
The sims do not enter the room, but if i tell them to they will enter

I will check that again. I tested with all EP except Season.

Edit:
I have now checked with EP1, EP2, EP3, EP4, EP5 installed. It works!!
I will check again with EP1, EP2, EP3, EP4. I think I saw a difference.

If I remenber correctly it was not possible to tell anyone without key to enter a room in some early release of SmartDoor or was it another door.
I noticed that if I gave keys to a Nanny (christianlov) and baby anyone could enter without key if they carry the baby. I also noticed that if I selected the door to be locked as Private sims still gather in front of the door. Isn't the "telepathy" supposed to be turned off then?
Scholar
#91 Old 25th Jul 2007 at 11:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simbiont
Thanks, Tuna!

I was working on my own custom door and looking for examples I stumbled upon this one. It had almost everything I need, I just had to slap on a "reverse direction" function and a motive maxer.

Well done!

Does that mean that we have a working door for all EP from you soon?
Test Subject
#92 Old 30th Sep 2007 at 3:08 PM
Thanks.
I also wanted to note that the pregnant character can't change clothes through the door. When my character did it, she came out the other side deformed. When she changed into her PJs she was normal again.
Scholar
#93 Old 24th Oct 2007 at 9:32 PM
I have now tested these doors again. With the help of Numenors AnyGameStarter i tested with all EP's from Uni to BV but without Pets. It works!!!
It seems Pets is the problem.
Top Secret Researcher
#94 Old 28th Nov 2007 at 10:46 AM
It works with Pets if you have other EPs installed. Although you can't keep pets out if you wanted to, but other than that it does work.

Lab Assistant
#95 Old 13th Dec 2007 at 4:05 AM
This is the best custom door I have found (I d/l it about a year ago)...I use it all the time because it has so many options!!
I hope Tuna comes back to modding or that someone else will be kind enough to continue to update this for future EP's.

I do have a question though, if someone can help me...I have d/l some great recolors of the "Justa Door" and I was wondering if there is a way to put Tuna's hack into the recolors....or vice-versa (add the recolors to Tuna's hack file).

Sorry, not too savvy about modding.
Test Subject
#96 Old 20th Dec 2007 at 10:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tunaisafish
Private
As locked, but sims that are halted will not be aware of other Sims or objects behind the locked door. They lose their object telepathy. Sims that are allowed to pass will still be aware of the objects in the room . . . The object telepathy is different from the game's jealously emitter. So don't use this state and expect your sim to be able to cheat on their spouse and not be found out. Both sims will still get the 'caught cheating' memories, although the spouse can still be halted when they run to dish out the slapping, so at least the cheater will not be furious with the spouse for being slapped.

Any way that the jealousy emitter can be blocked too?
Test Subject
#97 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 5:10 PM
I downloaded this a couple of weeks ago but ive just bought teen style stuff and freetime and now some of the options dont work could you fix this please because my house wont be the same without this mod haha =D
Test Subject
#98 Old 10th Apr 2008 at 7:38 PM
Hey, I may be just a TAD bit late, since Sims 3 will be coming out soon, but I had a question about this mod.

First off, GREAT JOB Tuna... this is really cool.

Secondly, I don't think I'm doing this correctly, so I would like to get your opinion on how I should set this up.

First, I have the following versions of Sims 2: Deluxe(which is the base and Nightlife), University, Open for Business, Seasons and Free Time. Nothing else.

Second, I built an apartment complex with six apartments, and six Sims. I would like to set this up so only one Sim has free access to each room; Sim A can only enter Apartment A and so forth. I saw that you had two examples listed in one of your first posts, and I just wanted to make sure that I will set these up correctly so they work they way I want them to. I have a feeling that I'll just assign keys to all the Sims for their specific door, I just want to make sure.

Third, what is the difference between keys and fish? what can keyholders do that fishholder cannot, or vice versa? This is probably the only thing I really don't understand about these doors.

Ok, I think that's all the questions I have right now, once again, great job.

If you were me, you'd be home by now.
-JMJ
Lab Assistant
#99 Old 14th Apr 2008 at 8:58 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by murphy1976
Third, what is the difference between keys and fish? what can keyholders do that fishholder cannot, or vice versa? This is probably the only thing I really don't understand about these doors.

I think it is basically so you can have 2 different sets of rules for different sims (ie: you want some to change to formal wear when passing thru door and some to remain casual)

Below is text taken from tuna's instructions:

Quote:
Fishholders (ignore) / Fishholders (no-change)...

Use this menu to control which outfit the fishholders group will change into.

- If you do not have any fishholders, or do not want the fishholders group to have
different clothes changing rules than others, leave this setting on 'ignore'.
- If you want your fishholders to never change when going through the door, use the
'no-change' options.
- Otherwise, set the option to the outfit of your choice.

If the setting is changed from the default 'ignore', the fishholders group will not
have any further rules applied to them.

Keyholders (ignore) / Keyholders (no-change)...

The same options as with Fishholders.
Test Subject
#100 Old 17th Apr 2008 at 8:08 PM
Oh my gosh, thank you SO much! I know you're not modding right now, but I am still extremely thankful!

Inge's door's simply do not work for me. I'm not sure why, but it frustrated me to no end. I love my apartment complexs (I have a 'Big City' style neighborhood) and it was so annoying to have neighbor's use MY sim's stuff!

Your's is so easy, too. I love that it restricts certain Sims but allows employee's. I haven't tried it with visitor's, yet, but I figure if I invite anyone over I can just set it to 'Visitor's Only' or something.

Anyways, thanks so much. It means a lot to have these doors for me! :D
Page 4 of 6