Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
#26 Old 9th Oct 2006 at 9:33 AM
I want to apologize, I forgot my manners amidst my curiosity.

THANK YOU to Delphy, the crew and to all the modders! :D

*And a special thanks to everyone involved in making the site safe for epileptics.

Happy Moddin'!

"Xts"

(Quote) ~ "If it isn't one thing, it's going to be another. It is usually one thing. Oh man, is it a mother" (The Mother of All Things) - PB
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 9th Oct 2006 at 4:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by redlolly
i cant pay per month either as i have no credit card and no paypal, but i would like to support occasionally, any suggestions on how?

If you have a chequing Bank account you can tie your PayPal into it.

Great new Delphy... I don't post much on here, just leech, I'll definately be donating soon.
Test Subject
#28 Old 9th Oct 2006 at 6:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by redlolly
i cant pay per month either as i have no credit card and no paypal, but i would like to support occasionally, any suggestions on how?

I have the same problem and i want to help i don't know if it's an option to send you money trough money gram or something like that
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 10th Oct 2006 at 2:45 AM
I really would love to donate, but honestly I think I prefer to donate when I get items for my game. I love that mts2 is 100% free, but it would be cool to have super donation packs or something.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#30 Old 10th Oct 2006 at 5:32 AM
Wow, we're practically neighbors, fortyfeet.

You know, if we did that, then everything wouldn't be 100% free.
Why not pick your favorite 50 downloads from the site and just consider it a donation pack and donate anyway. You can do a one time donation, just as if it was a pack. And your donation would help keep the free stuff flowing.

I chose to donate long ago because I love this site, the stuff I've learned here, and the really cool stuff we can get for the game. I also truly appreciate that everything is available for everyone - and I wanted to help keep it going.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Test Subject
#31 Old 10th Oct 2006 at 6:27 AM
I think that is a very nice and wonderful thing to give the supporters. But like many people I don't need the perks. I support because I believe in MTS2 LoL. I would be lost without this site.

Dyslexics Untie :P
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 10th Oct 2006 at 6:54 AM
I subscribe because this is the best Sims1&2 site EVAH!! since the beginning of my 2nd (Sims) life! Top artists, downloads, mods, support, people, (esp. the funny posts)... all of which I don't hesitate to remind anyone on the official or other Sims sites. But those perks are great! Thank You, again & again & again!
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 10th Oct 2006 at 7:53 AM
1 - No credit Card
2 - no Pay Pal Account
3 - I doubt you want rolls of pennies sent your way.
4 - Aren't budget's lovely?
5 - Money I don't have, but food I do. (Bird farmer)

As for ads, eh..I don't see ads on sites. They're alllllll blocked.

†© Life of Bittersweet torment, why dost thou inflict me so? ©†
Instructor
#34 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 3:01 AM
I've always wanted to donate to the site and now I want to even more. But unfortuanatly I have no paypal or credit card. And my parents aren't the "let's give a credit card to a teenager!" type. So maybe when I get a job in a year or so I can donate. But for now I'll just have to give moral support I suppose! :D

Please do not upload any of my lots to the exchange, or any other site.
If you would like to see more of my lots click here.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 5:34 AM
I waited until this year to donate for the first time - no money, and no payal. But now I have it, and I think it's fantastic. Just donate when you can. And I always recomend MTS2 anywhere I am - the best sims site and best of all, they don't charge you crazy fees to download some horrible looking hair.
Just my opinion =)
Thank you to everyone for all effort!

*wait*
Even though I'm not a subscriber, but have donated a couple of times in the past, I don't get a Supporter icon or anything like that? I don't think I like that.....

"I solemly swear that I am up to no good"
Alchemist
#36 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 7:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MissOliverWood
Even though I'm not a subscriber, but have donated a couple of times in the past, I don't get a Supporter icon or anything like that? I don't think I like that.....

You have to donate $5.00 or more every month to earn this supporter icon.

Update: July 2009-I am back now to make invisible and tranparent recolors again in sims 2. You can pm me if you want your objects to be invisible and transparent from now.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#37 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 8:30 AM
More specifically, supporters sign up to donate monthly (paypal has a way to do subscriptions) Trying to track 1 time donations and then taking the icons on and off would be complicated and probably error prone. I was going to donate individual donations, but decided to subscribe monthly when the icons were first announced on site.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Test Subject
#38 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 5:20 PM
Default Revamp of donation scheme
Hey I love your site and really would like to donate to help keep it open but I'm not able to send money through the internet and don't really have a lot of money to send. I think it is good that your site remains free for all and that you have lowered the amount so people who were not able to do so before can now donate. Maybe one day I too will even be able to help you out.

Test Subject
#39 Old 12th Oct 2006 at 1:57 AM
No excuses just....Thanks ya'll for a great site :D
I'm on my last month as a Sub...but some time later I'll be back

Coffee + Muffin
Veggies + BBQ
Fish + Chips
Hot Chocolate + Movie....
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 12th Oct 2006 at 3:15 AM
I have loved this site ever since I stumbled across it in July 2005. Since I can only afford to be a MTS2 Supporter ($5. a month) I was wondering... May I simply have the one time custom title in lieu of the increased size of my inbox? I would rather see the cost of the possible extra bandwidth used to accomodate the moderators for their dedication and tireless work they do to help make the site as great as it is.

Alcohol will not solve your problems...But then again, neither does Milk
Test Subject
#41 Old 12th Oct 2006 at 4:03 AM
Yipee! That's great news
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#42 Old 12th Oct 2006 at 7:41 AM
catnahat, sorry but custom titles are reserved for people on the highest subscription only

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
#43 Old 12th Oct 2006 at 10:38 PM
Thanks for the perk delphy

It doesnt matter to me if you add any perks. Ive been a donator for awhile now. Ive learned alot from this site and downloaded alot as well. It has been worth every penny I have donated.
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 12th Oct 2006 at 10:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
catnahat, sorry but custom titles are reserved for people on the highest subscription only

That's totally cool. I'll get to upgrade eventually. In the mean time, i'm proud to give what I can. My wife loves the site too, so I will try to shmooze her into letting me give a little more. The only thing is, She reminds me that donating more money won't put food on the table for our kids. I said " Sure I can! there are lots of custom foods to download, in fact, there are tables a plenty as well" Her responce; " Try downloading a nice custom couch to sleep on then"... I downloaded 6 of them

Alcohol will not solve your problems...But then again, neither does Milk
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#45 Old 12th Oct 2006 at 11:32 PM
Hahaha, I like your wife already
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 13th Oct 2006 at 12:20 PM
That's a good idea.

If someone wants to kick in a few bucks they get some member perks and primo speed at peak times. That makes sense.

I'm glad that you've decided to make the subcriptions work well with the theme that MTS2 has all free content.

Kudos

"Blubber nuggets...mmm...they're chewy!" - Cosmo
Forum Resident
#47 Old 13th Oct 2006 at 1:17 PM
A bigger pm box does sound nice... I don't have much to put in my usertitle (pigeonator?) though. I'll have to think about it. Great idea.
Test Subject
#48 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 12:20 AM
I'm not bothered about extra PM box either nor a custom title - that isn't what I donate for although it's nice that you appreciate us delphy just as we appreciate what everyone here does.
The fact that our donations help keep the site free is thanks enough

You never can truly tell when you have run out of invisible ink
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 12:35 PM
I seriously would subscribe, but I'm underage and I don't have a credit card etc. I'm sorry.

See my art here.
Field Researcher
#50 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 3:01 PM
Every month renove alone truth? I'm new making this here

See you
Page 2 of 3