Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Stay-at-Home Parent Career...because taking care of kids is hard work!

by SassyTeffie Posted 3rd Apr 2007 at 3:37 AM - Updated 24th Sep 2008 at 7:42 PM by SassyTeffie : Chance Card Glitch Fixed

70 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 64 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 3
Test Subject
#51 Old 8th Jul 2007 at 12:58 AM
If someone changes the time, could you upload it please? SimPE doesn't work on macs unfortunately.
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 8th Jul 2007 at 3:45 PM
brilliant!! thank you

Wow, it's beautiful outside. I should probably do something.. Like close the blinds on my window so there isn't a glare on my computer screen.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#53 Old 2nd Sep 2007 at 1:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Elenna
Just a little bug - when the career is maxed, and you get the choice card about the 2 daycare centers, when you "save $9,000", my family gained $9,000,000 instead! Not that I'm complaining, but I Just thought I'd let you know I'm loving this career, though, thank you!!

Huh. That's odd. I have run into a similar problem with a chance card in a career I made for sexysims2.com. I wonder if this is a bug in the career editor. I'll have to mention it on the SimPE site. Thanks for the heads up!

I am not taking requests at this time. I have just started graduate school and I cannot be sure how much spare time I am going to have. You can PM me with a request if you want, but I cannot guarantee that I will do it (or that I will even see the message right away).
Test Subject
#54 Old 3rd Sep 2007 at 6:10 PM
do you have to have kids for this because I only have a teen
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 5th Sep 2007 at 12:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SassyTeffie
Huh. That's odd. I have run into a similar problem with a chance card in a career I made for sexysims2.com. I wonder if this is a bug in the career editor. I'll have to mention it on the SimPE site. Thanks for the heads up!

Hi sassy. I've been using this for a while and love it. I also had the same problem. It's not a bug in the career editor, but what happens is that from career levels 7 and up, maxis add's 3 zero's to any reward money gotten from chance cards. So if you set a sim to receive 9,000 at level 7, with maxis adding another 3 zero's then you end up with 9 million simoleans. There used to be a thread here on it, but I don't know what happened to it. You simply just change the number to 9 using the career editor, and the sims will get 9,000. I hope that's clear.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#56 Old 7th Sep 2007 at 6:00 PM
gypsie: you can use this career regardless of how many kids (if any) you have.

zizismommy: thanks for the heads up! I'll correct that as soon as I have the time!

I am not taking requests at this time. I have just started graduate school and I cannot be sure how much spare time I am going to have. You can PM me with a request if you want, but I cannot guarantee that I will do it (or that I will even see the message right away).
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 8:58 PM
I noticed a simliar problem with this career that I hope gets fixed. On the 10th level, I made a poor chance card choice and was supposed to lose $10,000 (and change). However, it actually wiped out my entire funds (which were at around $185,000)! This is a rather annoying thing to have happen. Would it be possible for you to fix this, please?
Test Subject
#58 Old 4th Nov 2007 at 4:09 AM
I have also had the 9 million bug happen to me. But I also have a chequebook downloaded for my sims, so when my family gets uber rich with that glitch, I write cheques to all the poor sims in the neighbourhood.

I love cows so much, I have one tattooed on my left calf
Test Subject
#59 Old 28th Nov 2007 at 3:20 AM
Great career choice. I've often whatever happened to the stay-at-home sims choice...especially after some of those rude phone responses about having a job to go to. The skill ratio is tough and takes twice as long to complete as other roles, but there is not a more rewarding career.
Test Subject
#60 Old 8th Jan 2008 at 5:32 PM
this is great! I'm a sahm for my toddler daughter andeven though it has it's own non tangible rewards, a rl paycheck would be nice hehe.. atleast my sim me can reap the monetary rewards.
Test Subject
#61 Old 22nd Dec 2008 at 11:33 PM
Quote:
to reach the top of this career field your Sim will be required to max all skills. Parenting is a difficult job and requires constant learning and adapting and I wanted this career to reflect that

I love you for that! I am a SAHM of three children and it can be VERY daunting at times, yet people seem to think that because I don't work outside of the home I don't do anything all day!!!! It is completly redunkulas! I generally reply with something smart assed like "Ok so the house cleans itself, the kids take care of themselves and the bills and errands get paid and ran by themselves? I guess I'm a witch then!"

Are you bored with your game? Have you ever thought to yourself, "Boy it would be fun to play with others"? If so, Sim Swap is the place for you, check it out.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#62 Old 11th Feb 2009 at 7:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Vixnbrianaf
I love you for that! I am a SAHM of three children and it can be VERY daunting at times, yet people seem to think that because I don't work outside of the home I don't do anything all day!!!! It is completly redunkulas! I generally reply with something smart assed like "Ok so the house cleans itself, the kids take care of themselves and the bills and errands get paid and ran by themselves? I guess I'm a witch then!"

Thanks! I have three kids myself and it's a full time job! I'm not working, but I'm not truly a SAHM either since I attend uni full time, but I was a SAHM for several years! It's nice to have a comment other than "this is too hard"!

Test Subject
#63 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 4:40 PM
Awesome! No need to use moneycheats and so on, a way to play fair 'n square!
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 8:43 PM
I adore your career. Trying to find a parenting major now. Most of them out there are not based on the physics career, which corresponds to the science career you based yours on (at least that is what I gathered from posts.)

Excellent career! I am currently a SAHM (Side-tracked Home Executive to FlyLady fans.) As a SHE, I know exactly how hard it is. And everything you have done before and during parenting adds experience you end up using. I like how you made it difficult (my kids all have Autistic disorders) and I have also edited it to 0 payout (I don't get paid, and I like the idea of a Home Business.) This is awesome! The difficulty of getting to 10 in skills, to me, reflects the child education classes, the seminars, the PT meetings, the IEP meetings, the time spent researching, that goes into educating the parent and teaching them how to handle their child with differences. If you want your child to succeed, you work at it, or you child fails. This is very realistic.

If I really didn't want to have the difficulty, it isn't that hard to reduce the level requirements in SimPE, but after looking at it, I left that part. Thank you again!
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 20th Apr 2010 at 6:04 PM
can you make this for teens please. can it be on the weekend instead of the week

love ya
rachel
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#66 Old 13th Oct 2010 at 2:48 AM
You should have made it at the teen school hours so theyre gone while there kids are so single parents dont have to hire a nanny for 2 hours
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#67 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 5:39 AM
You are a life saver! Now I can have my single parent sims stay at home. I never use nannies in my game, as they always seem to cause problems. So in order to allow my single parent sims to go to work, I have to give them a servo to act as a nanny (I like servos....but having to add one to all of my single parent families is a bit much!). Or else I have to have them be unemployed and stay home with their kids (not exactly realistic!). Now I can play my single parent sim familes a bit more realistically!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#68 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 12:50 AM
Brilliant idea !!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#69 Old 5th Mar 2016 at 6:17 PM
Thank You
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#70 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 7:01 PM
Thank you.
Mad Poster
#71 Old 3rd Jan 2022 at 4:05 PM
Thanks for this!I'd love it for single parents with toddlers who can't work outside the home.
Page 3 of 3