Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: Free Will Plumbbob ver 3g & lite

by dizzy2 Posted 2nd Aug 2005 at 6:55 AM - Updated 19th Sep 2005 at 9:26 AM by dizzy2 : Update

59 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 56 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Instructor
#26 Old 25th Aug 2005 at 6:03 PM
Does this work on dorms? I find my uni students continually reset to "normal" free will.
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 25th Aug 2005 at 8:15 PM
Very nice
Test Subject
#28 Old 25th Aug 2005 at 9:18 PM
This is a cool hack. The only thing I don't like is that when you have them "ask plumbob", they always have to go sit down. That gets so annoying. Other than that, I like it.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#29 Old 25th Aug 2005 at 11:34 PM
I don't think this works on dormies. The free will bit gets used a lot in dorms.

Plumbbob likes to make sims sit. This generally keeps them from being a hassle to other sims.
Forum Resident
#30 Old 26th Aug 2005 at 12:08 AM
i never knew the plumbbob was so clever! great download and cant wait to use it in my sim's houses. thanks a bunch!
Test Subject
#31 Old 26th Aug 2005 at 1:24 AM
THANK YOU !!!! THANK YOU!!!! :salute: THANK YOU!!!! :D
Field Researcher
#32 Old 26th Aug 2005 at 3:05 AM
Sims who have free will enabled, they can do whatever? Is this complete free will, or partical? I am trying to get my sims to stop cooking constantly, when I have a meal planned for them (whole family) later.
Test Subject
#33 Old 26th Aug 2005 at 3:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cassandra_107
Sims who have free will enabled, they can do whatever? Is this complete free will, or partical? I am trying to get my sims to stop cooking constantly, when I have a meal planned for them (whole family) later.

try this hack: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=70736
i don't know if its exactly what you're looking for, but at least it'll keep yer sims from all running to the kitchen for just themselves whenever...

works awsome for me

I love my pit bull!Luna and my wanna-be pit! Moby!
teh Airstream blog, from teh road!!
Official member of the Jorenne Fan Club!
1f u c4n r34d th1s u r34lly n33d t0 g37 l41d
Instructor
#34 Old 26th Aug 2005 at 5:20 PM
Thanks d2. Confirms my (limited) testing. Works as a charm in uni houses (and normal 'hoods) though
What just happend?
retired moderator
#35 Old 26th Aug 2005 at 5:34 PM
Good job, Well done!
Test Subject
#36 Old 31st Aug 2005 at 12:46 AM
I was looking for something like this.
Test Subject
#37 Old 8th Oct 2005 at 4:34 AM
I really like the looks of this, but has anyone tested it with Nightlife yet?
Test Subject
#38 Old 11th Oct 2005 at 3:34 PM
Dizzy2, this 3g version is compatible with Nighlife?

i had the 3d version and with nighlife, while in Ask Plumbob mode, sims would almost aways choose to cook something. even if they are just a little hungry and in very need to go to bathroom or shower or somehting else.

and, uh.. couldn't you split the censor blur removal and the plumbob into 3 hacks plaese?? i really don't like the consor removed. it looks really odd.. sorry to bother
#39 Old 18th Dec 2005 at 3:02 PM
this will make things so much easier with my game thanx
Test Subject
#40 Old 28th Oct 2006 at 1:43 PM
This doesn't work with my pets expansion.

"If you love something, set it free. If it doesn't return in three days, hunt it down and kill it..."
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#41 Old 28th Oct 2006 at 5:22 PM
I'd be surprised if this did work. :P

To be honest, I wasn't using this mod because it was draining the personality out of my sims. I may do an OfB+ mod variation on this at some point (once I get the hang of doing Lua hacks).
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 30th Oct 2006 at 2:42 PM
I LOVE this mod and I'd be thrilled to have a Pets update.
Test Subject
#43 Old 12th Nov 2006 at 6:09 PM Last edited by penguify : 12th Nov 2006 at 10:38 PM.
Default 3g in original compatability issues:
I downloaded the 3g version, but when I loaded a lot, there was an error message that gave me no choice but to delete it. Is there something wrong with using this 3g on the original game?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#44 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 1:22 PM
Looking over my notes, I notice that several features of later EPs have since been rolled into the "base" game. It could very well be that this mod is not compatible with any updated Sims 2 game. :P

I'd love to see what errors you're getting.
Test Subject
#45 Old 15th Nov 2006 at 5:28 PM
Default something wrong happened in PETs...
In EP of pts..it works to the teens but the pie for adults is gone..so it doen't work to adlts..

thanks a lot for your good job..hope we can get a newer version for PETs A.S.A.P......please~~and thanx a lot....
Test Subject
#46 Old 30th Jan 2007 at 7:35 PM
hi, i wanted to know if that still works with pets expansion pack, because i download it and put it in the download folder, but it doesn't work. I click my plumbobs and nothing happens...
Test Subject
#47 Old 22nd Mar 2007 at 11:29 PM
please make this hack for seasons compatible
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#48 Old 25th Mar 2007 at 7:13 AM
Sorry, but I'm kind of going a different direction than this. This doesn't really work the way I want, so I'm working on mods that directly affect the autonomy at a global level.
Test Subject
#49 Old 22nd May 2007 at 6:37 PM
Just downloaded it for Seasons expansion, it DOES work, but sometimes I cannot click on the plumbob of certain family members. It seems random, but it is usually the adult(s) of the family, so far it has always worked for children. Some of the ones I couldn't click would later become clickable (it was after a marriage and other sims moved in, but it didn't work when I did the same thing later). I would love to see this working perfectly, as I have ALWAYS wanted this option in game but have never found anyone who tried. Thank you!!
Test Subject
#50 Old 23rd May 2007 at 7:21 AM
After some more testing, it appears to ALWAYS work with toddlers, teenagers, and elders, but NEVER works with adults or children (or babies of course). But all in all, it works out pretty well. If you want an adult to be player controlled while everyone else is Free Willed, then make them start out as a teenager and make sure Player Control is selected. It will remain this way when they grow up into an adult UNLESS YOU MOVE. If you move your family it will be reset. Again, thanks for the great mod, hope to see more from you!
Page 2 of 3