Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No Spoiled Food << UPDATED 03/04/2006 <<

by monique Posted 19th Aug 2005 at 11:36 PM - Updated 4th Mar 2006 at 3:47 AM by monique

57 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 53 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Field Researcher
#26 Old 23rd Aug 2005 at 2:23 PM
I'm using the 'never spoil' one right now. I love being able to have no spoile cakes and pies on my bakery lot!!
Test Subject
#27 Old 23rd Aug 2005 at 2:45 PM
Thanks.. Got it...
Forum Resident
#28 Old 19th Sep 2005 at 3:23 PM Last edited by Mishy : 19th Sep 2005 at 3:26 PM.
i reeeeally hope this hack will be updated soon, my sims are missing their leftovers..
Forum Resident
#29 Old 19th Sep 2005 at 3:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mishy
i reeeeally hope this hack will be updated soon, my sims are missing their leftovers..

If you mean for Nightlife, it works fine for me.
Forum Resident
#30 Old 22nd Sep 2005 at 5:03 PM
yep, thats what i meant.. we've all been warned about global hacks who seem
to be working fine at first, but might be damaging your game anyways, so i rather
wait till the creator says its ok.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#31 Old 22nd Sep 2005 at 6:02 PM
I've got the patch for no spoiling buffets at my site, by the way. Between me and Monique we've just about got it covered :D

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#32 Old 23rd Sep 2005 at 11:28 AM
Just a quick question, does this hack mean maids won't clear any plates with scraps still on?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Forum Resident
#33 Old 23rd Sep 2005 at 12:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Just a quick question, does this hack mean maids won't clear any plates with scraps still on?

I use christianlov's NPC cooktop instead of a maid but she does clear the plates.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#34 Old 24th Sep 2005 at 8:01 AM
eddief66, thanks for testing it in NL.

I checked this BHAV and compared with NL BHAV and I found out that they didnt modified this BHAV. So this hack is EP2 compatible.

Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones

By default, Maid will clean it. And with this hack on, Maid will still clean it, just like eddief66 said in christianlov's NPC. And the difference from a default game is that the spoilage time.

Monique :angel:

Pls. see my journal for my hacks compatibility. Thanks.
Forum Resident
#35 Old 25th Sep 2005 at 8:00 PM
so cool! thanks monique.
Field Researcher
#36 Old 5th Oct 2005 at 11:02 PM
Does this work in NL? I know J.M..s "no eat crap" has not been updated for NL yet? thanks
Field Researcher
#37 Old 19th Oct 2005 at 3:28 AM
I used the 24 hours spoiled food and it works great in my game - I have NL. You did a great job :D.
Test Subject
#38 Old 4th Jan 2006 at 1:00 AM
i was wondering if this mod works with the homogenuis milk thing coz if it does id be so grateful coz i use it heaps so my little toddler can become a super genius. by the time my little toddler was just about to become a child it alredi had full logic

(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 9th Jan 2006 at 6:50 PM
thankyou.
Forum Resident
#40 Old 4th Mar 2006 at 2:45 PM
playing the game for 2 days without this hack was a real pain.
thanks a whole lot for the quick update, Monique!
#41 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 10:22 PM
Thank you very much. This is what I really need.
Forum Resident
#42 Old 4th Apr 2006 at 5:01 AM
Many thanks....this is great!!
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 7th Apr 2006 at 3:40 AM
Great hack, i've been needing something like this for awhile now. Does anyone know where i could find the "no spoiling buffets" hack? Because www.simlogical.com by Inge Jones is no longer available anymore. Thanks anyway!
Test Subject
#44 Old 19th Apr 2006 at 12:02 AM
I downloaded it and tried it with my sim who has 10 cooking points, and somehow she cant cook turkey, layer cake, baked alaska, and much more....Does dat happen 2 any of you guys??
Field Researcher
#45 Old 8th May 2006 at 10:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by suggah69
Great hack, i've been needing something like this for awhile now. Does anyone know where i could find the "no spoiling buffets" hack? Because www.simlogical.com by Inge Jones is no longer available anymore. Thanks anyway!

Here's Inge's directory if you're still interested: http://www.delphster.net/inge/

And Monique, thanks for this great hack! With Squinge's More Servings hack (http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...hlight=squinge), my Sims have it made

You can never have too much yarn, fabric, or books.
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 1st Jun 2006 at 8:22 AM
Question about the 12-hour version... I was doing some digging, and I realized that according to what I could find, Gelatin and Santa Cookies both last for 24 hours without spoiling without this hack. Does the 12-hour version shorten the time for these, or do they still last 24 hours?

"We don't quit playing because we grow old; we grow old because we quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Feel free to PM me with any lot requests. I've mostly done house trailers in the past.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#47 Old 1st Jun 2006 at 8:43 AM
I think gelatin, santa cookies, buffet table, pizza and chinese food, they have their own spoilage bhavs which are not covered by this hack. Pls test it and let us know. I'm lazy to check the codes.

Pls. see my journal for my hacks compatibility. Thanks.
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 2nd Jun 2006 at 11:05 AM
I'll let you know what I find out as soon as I get a chance to test it in-game. (unless someone else supplies the answer first).

"We don't quit playing because we grow old; we grow old because we quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Feel free to PM me with any lot requests. I've mostly done house trailers in the past.
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 3rd Jun 2006 at 1:54 AM
I know the pizza isn't affected by this hack.
Test Subject
#50 Old 20th Aug 2006 at 9:33 AM
Default Very good!!
Because in The Sims it's not possible to save leftovers in the fridge like we do in real life, this hack helps make the whole food thing more real. Everyone but the makers of The Sims seems to know food doesn't actually spoil that quickly. There are many of us who save leftovers and eat them later, so we never really waste much of the food we prepare. It's about time someone allowed our Simmies the option to do something similar.

What I've always wanted for my game is the option for my Simmies to save any leftovers in the fridge so they can take them out later when they're hungry again, reheat them and eat them, just like we do in real life... with a 3-day spoilage timer. (Perhaps after 3-days the plate/bowl of leftovers would appear on the counter in spoiled condition.) Probably too big a deal to program... but I can wish.

Thanks very much for this hack. - Pax
Page 2 of 3