Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Simsky - Fireproof Cooking mod

by Dave Luv Posted 19th Sep 2005 at 5:11 PM - Updated 6th Sep 2008 at 5:39 PM by Dave Luv : This item works in all versions of the game - including Apartment Life :)

36 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 32 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 2
Field Researcher
#26 Old 8th Jun 2007 at 4:51 AM
Does this work with Seasons? Thanks.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#27 Old 8th Jun 2007 at 8:04 AM Last edited by Dave Luv : 8th Jun 2007 at 8:06 AM. Reason: Typo fixed
Quote: Originally posted by maree464
Does this work with Seasons? Thanks.

It works with all versions of the game - including future EP's

This global hack simply tells the game to immediately return from the subroutine which sets the fire - this makes it independent from the used game version.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 8th Sep 2007 at 1:07 AM
Such a wonderful idea! My Sims always burn down the kitchen, even with a maxed out cooking skill. It's really annoying. Thanks for making the hack!
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 4th Oct 2007 at 7:36 AM
Thanks for making this mod, it really makes me so angry that I can't take full advantage of using my expensive stove and refrigerator. Fires happen too often even with maxed cooking skill. Therefore my Sims end up eating only salads with the food processor. Fires leave bad memories that as well. Thanks

WM64

LOTR Sauron: "Time??, What time do you think we have?"
Test Subject
#30 Old 29th Jun 2008 at 4:16 PM
This is gonna be really helpful! Thanks!
Test Subject
#31 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 3:56 AM
thank you so much for this! i remember how pissed i was when one of my characters in TS1 was killed because another one started a kitchen fire.
Test Subject
#32 Old 5th Jul 2010 at 4:26 AM
Good! Especially when cooking isn't some Sims forte but they always want to prepare meals. LOL
Test Subject
#33 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 6:56 PM
important question: any on know where get a hack for the fireplace, that always makes a big fire when I have one?

Tanks for the hack, anyway
Test Subject
#34 Old 13th Aug 2010 at 6:44 AM
@ John785, I'm not aware of fire proof fireplace hack
however place a smoke detector above,{moveobjects on},
the fireplace. The Sims will have a better chance to extinguish
the fire before it spreads. Also, Sims can call the Sims Fire Dept.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#35 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 7:58 AM
this is so awesome^^
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#36 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 12:18 PM
Real
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#37 Old 15th Aug 2023 at 1:24 AM
Doesn't keep the food from burning, but at least the kitchen won't burn down!
Page 2 of 2