Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Feb 2020 at 4:16 PM
Default No sleeping in the swimmingpool
Someone told me that their Sims would rather sleep in the pool by floating on their backs than in a bed.

I have no way of testing that because I have no clue how to send my Sims to sleep in a pool and my Sims never did that so I'm posting it here.
Let me know if it works for you please If not, I'll add an no-autonomy-flag.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  noSleepingInThePool.rar (3.5 KB, 230 downloads)
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 8th Mar 2020 at 10:05 AM
Sooo, does it work?

I''ve tested some more and my Sims don't get their energy need refilled by back-floating in the pool.
Test Subject
#3 Old 26th Jun 2020 at 12:00 AM
Default Sleeping in Pool
Quote: Originally posted by Anonymouse85
Someone told me that their Sims would rather sleep in the pool by floating on their backs than in a bed.

I have no way of testing that because I have no clue how to send my Sims to sleep in a pool and my Sims never did that so I'm posting it here.

Sorry to necro post, tried this mod and Sims would still use the pool to "back float" when tired. Also it seemed that when you directed them to "sleep" they would give the routing error action. Guess they forgot where the bed was.
Test Subject
#4 Old 9th Aug 2020 at 3:02 AM
Thank you so much! This works like a dream for me, my sims are no longer routing to the pool to solve a low energy level, and the pool still works fine.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 6th Sep 2020 at 4:11 PM
This one is a tough one for me because I believe it is conflicting with another mod I have. It's not that sims sleeping in the pool is a big issue for me, I just downloaded it out of curiosity. Indeed I do occasionally have a sim sleep in the pool, but I just click a bed and tell them to sleep there and they usually do. I did once change a mermaid into human using MCCC. Though she no longer became the mermaid, she still seemed to prefer sleeping in the pool instead of a bed. In any case, I do have the occasional pool preference for some sims, so I can't honestly tell if it works unless I locate the mod that it is conflicting with, and after doing a big mod clearance after the last update, I'm kinda burned out about that.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 19th Sep 2020 at 1:54 PM
Update to my last post.
I think I finally found the interfering mod. Your mod seems to work pretty good. Thanks.
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#7 Old 26th Mar 2022 at 6:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Anonymouse85

Aw! Why not make some otter suits for them with a kelp blankie to tuck themselves in?

I've never had a sim who tried to sleep in a pool either. UNLESS!!!! You reduce their energy level just before sending them into the drink!
Test Subject
#8 Old 4th Feb 2023 at 12:35 PM
butler is obsessed by sleeping in a pool even with a bed assigned)) have three tombstones of them drowned successfully because they periodically forget what is the bed and where it is) put the luxurious bed right at the pool - "bed? never heard of. I'd better drown" ))))