Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#151 Old 3rd Apr 2023 at 6:53 AM Last edited by klEene157 : 3rd Apr 2023 at 8:37 AM.
Hi @denton47!
Do you happen to know if it's possible to rotate vfx about 90° clockwise with you tool?

Edit: Sorry I would need to clarify
I already tried to edit the rotation under 'more' with 90, 180, 45 etc. just to see some changes ingame. But it never rotates the vfx.

Edit #2: Ah forget that! I rotated the effect slot so I don't need to do that with your tool :D
For editing the vfx itself this is just amazing! Thank you very much for this
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#152 Old 22nd Jul 2023 at 7:42 AM
I have updated VisualEffect to version 15, new version is now 2.0.18.
Test Subject
#153 Old 30th Nov 2023 at 1:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by denton47
I have updated VisualEffect to version 15, new version is now 2.0.18.

Any chance of getting an older version of this tool before the VisualEffect update to 15 for anyone running an older version of the game? I'm trying to use it with the version of the game around HSY and it keeps crashing. (Kinda too scared to update my game with all the changes surrounding the Parenthood DLC update and thereafter).
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#154 Old 2nd Dec 2023 at 7:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sorarikukira
Any chance of getting an older version of this tool before the VisualEffect update to 15 for anyone running an older version of the game? I'm trying to use it with the version of the game around HSY and it keeps crashing. (Kinda too scared to update my game with all the changes surrounding the Parenthood DLC update and thereafter).

The tool is backward compatible and should not crash with older versions, however if you create a visual effect it will "upgrade" it to the latest version so you wont be able to use it with an older game version.

I have attached version 2.0.17, hope you can use that one.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  TS4VFXTool_2_0_17.zip (752.1 KB, 12 downloads)
Test Subject
#155 Old 2nd Dec 2023 at 11:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by denton47
The tool is backward compatible and should not crash with older versions, however if you create a visual effect it will "upgrade" it to the latest version so you wont be able to use it with an older game version.

I have attached version 2.0.17, hope you can use that one.

That did the trick, thanks!
Test Subject
#156 Old 11th Dec 2023 at 2:47 AM
Obligatory disclaimer...I am new to modding and have no idea what I'm doing.

I want to add the ep05_holiday_gnome_glow_good FX from Seasons to a sim to give them a halo, but the effect is configured for an object, so the halo is in the wrong position. When I try to bind the VFX to a slot on a sim (whether it be b__ROOT_bind__ or b__Head__ or...anything really) the halo ends up rotated on its axis.

Pretending for a second that I did know how to use your program...could your tool perform this kind of rotation? Is using an object effect on a sim even possible?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#157 Old 13th Dec 2023 at 8:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Naunakht
Obligatory disclaimer...I am new to modding and have no idea what I'm doing.

I want to add the ep05_holiday_gnome_glow_good FX from Seasons to a sim to give them a halo, but the effect is configured for an object, so the halo is in the wrong position. When I try to bind the VFX to a slot on a sim (whether it be b__ROOT_bind__ or b__Head__ or...anything really) the halo ends up rotated on its axis.

Pretending for a second that I did know how to use your program...could your tool perform this kind of rotation? Is using an object effect on a sim even possible?

You need to either find a bone in the Sims auRig that matches the bone (slot) used on the object or change the Position and Orientation of the visual effect.

It is possible to change properties like Position, Orientation and Particle Color from code, however I don't know if it is supported in the XML resource you are using, you will need to check the TDESC files.

This is where you change Position and Orientation in the tool,

Screenshots
Page 7 of 7